I really can't stand Boz Boorer

"Fat Boz", I call him

also, Boz Boredom, Boz Horror, Santa Boz, Blubber Boz. The list goes on

I think he's a vastly overrated guitarist, especially when he's sharing the stage with and competing against Jesse Tobias for songwriting credits

of all the musicians Moz has worked with, Boz is the one I want to take one good shot with a wiffle ball bat to the face to. Even more so than Joyce

when I go to see His Mozness in concert, I deliberately move to the opposite side of the stage where that tub is standing, with his goofy facial expressions and his guitar-swing like he's Johnny f***ing Marr up there.

In the canon of guitarists who have stood next to Mozzer, it goes like this: Johnny Marr > Jesse Tobias > Vini Reilly > Alain Whyte > Craig Gannon

then you have Fat Boz coming in at a distant sixth place, trying to keep his fat ass up with the others.

In case you couldn't guess, I'm not a Boz Boorer fan :/

Re:

476db4e0-108e-4dd8-808b-f7278a968fdc.jpg

Last edited:
"Fat Boz", I call him

I think he's a vastly overrated guitarist, especially when he's sharing the stage with and competing against Jesse Tobias for songwriting credits

of all the musicians Moz has worked with, Boz is the one I want to take one good shot with a wiffle ball bat to the face to. Even more so than Joyce

when I go to see His Mozness in concert, I deliberately move to the opposite side of the stage where that tub is standing, with his goofy facial expressions and his guitar-swing like he's Johnny f***ing Marr up there.

In the canon of guitarists who have stood next to Mozzer, it goes like this: Johnny Marr > Jesse Tobias > Vini Reilly > Alain Whyte > Craig Gannon

then you have Fat Boz coming in at a distant sixth place, trying to keep his fat ass up with the others.

You really are an insufferable shit, aren't you?

Above all, Boz is a decent guy who does his job well & is loyal to Moz.
Cheers Moz

"Fat Boz", I call him

I don't know what his weight has got to do with but its your opinion. Shame the moderators want to call you names and say they hate you.

I like Boz. I think he's held the band(s) together and I think he's been a good friend and adviser to Morrissey. He's also written some amazing songs over the years; some of Morrissey's best.

I can agree with that

I think you are asking for trouble when you make a post to discuss why you find ill favor with a band member of Morrissey's and 90 percent of your post revolves around weight insults and potshots.

Trouble loves me

also, 'Fat Boztard' is another handle I have for him. But I can see why it would discredit my argument of Boz being an overrated (overweighted?) guitarist when all I'm doing is making digs at his weight

but I think that the angle from which you posted dissatisfaction with Boz is why you got a violent reaction from Uncleskinny, who in general is a very personable, affable guy and does not tend to make such posts as the one he made to you.

I wasn't questioning why Uncleskinny got sassy with me

the digs on Boz about his weight aren't meant to be taken seriously because, like you said, it has no bearing on his guitar skill. I thought that was sort of obvious and didn't think people would call me out on it specifically

was Uncleskinny legitimately angry with me? Because that would be funny as f*** if he was

my real issue is with Boz being heralded as this Moz ganglord when really he just bores the tits off me. He can't compare with Tobias and I was just stressing my point in a forum that allows such things. He strikes me as an egomaniac and maybe I'm wrong but it's not like the guy is anything close to Morrissey or Marr or Tobias even

A-Caracas.png

ColemanKidsDomeTent.jpg

shin.jpg

paul-evans-sea-sparkle-107625.jpg

54860_king_john_md.gif

never played the gossip game, never been anything other than accessible and professional to fans...be it in person or online.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except ^^^^ this ^^^^

wasn't Boz the one who threw the hissy fit a few years back about stuff that was being posted here and led the whole "f*** Morrissey Solo" t-shirt band solidarity thing at that one show?

also, even though I think Tobias is a better and more interesting guitarist, I'll admit my initial post was a bit juvenile with most of the emphasis directed at Boz's weight issues.

I'M SORRY, BOZ

and I mean that. The More You Ignore Me...is one of the greatest songs ever written

Everyone likes Boz and is sticking up for him?? bloody hell! Methinks nobody wants another f*** Morrissey Solo t-shirt to be worn!
I think Boz is quite overated myself. Obviously Marr, Gannon and Vini are above him guitar wise!

P.S. Tobias isn't that great.

At that time, there was a lot of shit talking about the new songs here...I played no small part in that, same with Viva Hate, which I regret now. The general consensus here was that all of the new songs were weak.

I can understand Boz getting that Facebook message, then reading the comments here, and showing them to Morrissey, saying, "this is what Solo thinks of our new stuff."

that's kind of my point though.

He and Moz act like a bunch of babies because their faithful don't particularly care for the new stuff

which is pretty lame, if you ask me. They can't expect that everything they write is going to be embraced by their fans

To clarify, I guess it's just incredibly f***ing lame to me for anyone to get upset about anyone else's opinion of anything

if someone doesn't like something you make or create or do or say or think or whatever and you don't know or respect that person on a personal level, then who gives a shit?

That's why I laugh when people get upset about "critical reviews" of anything

critics are nothing more than a bunch of dickweed pseudo-journalists pretending they're experts on what a mass number of people want to know about, and forming an individual opinion that is designed to influence and speak for the masses who can't bother to go and find out whether something appeals to them on a personal level, of their own free will.

To clarify, I guess it's just incredibly f***ing lame to me for anyone to get upset about anyone else's opinion of anything

if someone doesn't like something you make or create or do or say or think or whatever and you don't know or respect that person on a personal level, then who gives a shit?

That's why I laugh when people get upset about "critical reviews" of anything

critics are nothing more than a bunch of dickweed pseudo-journalists pretending they're experts on what a mass number of people want to know about, and forming an individual opinion that is designed to influence and speak for the masses who can't bother to go and find out whether something appeals to them on a personal level, of their own free will.

You're a f***ing shithead. Well done. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom