Charity you last donated to...

123xyz

Subscriber
And no, this isn't meant to be a thread for jerking off about one's own virtue so, please , no mentions of the actual dollar figure you chipped in...

WWF - Tiger Adoption program

I donate blood to the Red Cross. Does that count?

If not the Salvation Army bucket at Christmas.

Breast Cancer Foundation.
Always supporting women who are going through that stuff.
I love boobs.

I regularly contribute to my own personal sperm bank.

some years ago I gave a donation to a charity who cold called the works phone number, can't even remember who it was now, what I do remember is after that we we're bombarded with calls from every limp dog, dead christian, mangled mother in law, charity you can think of and some you couldn't, the first clowns had sold our details on as" those who have given". Since then I dodge em all, l never give details to anyone on the street even big charities because you will be driven potty, I mean daily, and definitely never say yes on the phone.

some years ago I gave a donation to a charity who cold called the works phone number, can't even remember who it was now, what I do remember is after that we we're bombarded with calls from every limp dog, dead christian, mangled mother in law, charity you can think of and some you couldn't, the first clowns had sold our details on as" those who have given". Since then I dodge em all, l never give details to anyone on the street even big charities because you will be driven potty, I mean daily, and definitely never say yes on the phone.

It certainly is an occupational hazard of donating - the thousand and one unsolicited appeals that jam the phoneline every second day. I usually respond by roaring obscenities into the receiver. I don't know how effective this is. However , it feels very satisfying...

The Greens NSW - yes, I know they're not a charity as such, but they are the only major political party in Aust. advocating an increase in foreign aid as part of their basic policy platform...

Last edited:
Since no one said it,

The Human Fund...

Screenshot2012-06-30at33259PM.png

Money for People

I don't have any money to donate so the last one is still PETA at the Morrissey concert, but I did take my kids out of school and took them to Occupy Wall Street for a real learning experience about the jackboot of the fascist police state.

I don't have any money to donate so the last one is still PETA at the Morrissey concert, but I did take my kids out of school and took them to Occupy Wall Street for a real learning experience about the jackboot of the fascist police state.

Oh you mean, how the police showed considerable restraint?

From my perspective when I was there, watching them throw things at the police (bread crust? I mean really) and fighting the police when local store owners asked for police assistance in removing the 99% vagrants from using their restaurant restrooms as bath facilities, I would say the police used considerable restraint. Some occupy protestors did not want to even follow ACLU recommended protest strategies. You can protest but not to the means that disrupt other private citizen rights. The bongo drumming until all hours of the evening. The drugs, the homeless that were attracted to the free handouts. Half were there to protest the good fight the others were there for the party.

This about sums it up... I saw two people that were there to protest for education loan reform. This was a good point and made a lot of sense. However one protester shared that she could not find any job after college. My heart sank for her as the surmounting loans were adding up.

However...

This other girl was complaining that she could not get a job in her field. Are you kidding? I had to ask. Her field. I asked her if she had tried to get a job outside of her field just to make a bit of money. She said, "no" and that she would only look for a job within her field. I have no respect for an individual like that.

There were two sides that occupy nonsense and I am glad that their nonsense was thrown out of Zuccotti Park.

Oh you mean, how the police showed considerable restraint?

From my perspective when I was there, watching them throw things at the police (bread crust? I mean really) and fighting the police when local store owners asked for police assistance in removing the 99% vagrants from using their restaurant restrooms as bath facilities, I would say the police used considerable restraint. Some occupy protestors did not want to even follow ACLU recommended protest strategies. You can protest but not to the means that disrupt other private citizen rights. The bongo drumming until all hours of the evening. The drugs, the homeless that were attracted to the free handouts. Half were there to protest the good fight the others were there for the party.

This about sums it up... I saw two people that were there to protest for education loan reform. This was a good point and made a lot of sense. However one protester shared that she could not find any job after college. My heart sank for her as the surmounting loans were adding up.

However...

This other girl was complaining that she could not get a job in her field. Are you kidding? I had to ask. Her field. I asked her if she had tried to get a job outside of her field just to make a bit of money. She said, "no" and that she would only look for a job within her field. I have no respect for an individual like that.

There were two sides that occupy nonsense and I am glad that their nonsense was thrown out of Zuccotti Park.

Didn't she know that girls just go to college to find a husband? Is she one of those hairy-armed women's liberationists? You must have been mesmerized by the bongo drums to have even listened to her story at all!

Didn't she know that girls just go to college to find a husband? Is she one of those hairy-armed women's liberationists? You must have been mesmerized by the bongo drums to have even listened to her story at all!

"...hairy-armed..." - I laughed at this. Indeed, those dumb broads ! How dare they have aspirations beyond some quick cash !:)

Last edited:
Instead of complaining about not getting a job in your field. Put an honest effort into finding work. The second girl... there is no defense for her. Her argument is moot once she said that she refuses to look outside her field. At least try to find work doing something before declaring that there is nothing else out there.

You assume too much.

But... I like the anonymous monikers that are allowed these days.

Instead of complaining about not getting a job in your field. Put an honest effort into finding work. The second girl... there is no defense for her. Her argument is moot once she said that she refuses to look outside her field. At least try to find work doing something before declaring that there is nothing else out there.

You assume too much.

But... I like the anonymous monikers that are allowed these days.

I've gone into full-time protesting and I couldn't be happier with the direction it's taken me. Maybe that's what she's done, too. I've met so many inspirational leaders at the marches, powerful speakers I would compare to Ghandi, Obama, or Ho Chi Minh. Hope you find time to come down and help us occupy.

Back
Top Bottom