Age Discrimination

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Have you experienced it? Does it effect your life in any way? What are your thoughts?

A few days ago Skylarker made a post (I think in fun) about how old women disgust him, etc, etc.. Someone else made a comment in another thread about a 2000 era documentary on Morrissey where he was described as bloated and aging, "What would they think of him today!"

I got roped into a relationship with a man who was an ageist. He ruined my life, actually. He was thirty years my senior and played both sides of the ageist sword. I was simultaneously too young to have relevant or original thoughts and as the years went on and I started to age, (read: I got fat.) I was disgusting to look at, hips too large, bosom out of control, I looked like a woman, not the child he conquered years before.

(Poor girl didn't stand a chance.)

7057211903_11187dc9b4_m.jpg

And I know another woman who is absolutely terrified of the idea of aging. Every grey hair dyed, every wrinkle lamented, every opportunity to impress others with proof of youth seized, every diet, every fad, every trick, every serum, JUST TO STAY YOUNG LOOKING.

And a friend of mine younger than me, 34, fears his wrinkles detected, vain about ageing, wants to be trapped in his current body and never age.

I don't get that mindset. I can't WAIT until I'm old and grey. I want to celebrate every wrinkle and grey hair, living proof that I've walked this long road in the body that served me well.

Do you know anyone terrified of ageing and can you figure out why? Is there more to it than fear of death?

I realize now the title of this thead may be wrong. I initially titled it "Ageism" but I didn't want anyone making cum jokes so I switched it. :p But I think Age Discrimination is technically different then people who hate getting old which I think is Ageism.

It wasn't really in jest but I certainly didn't have it in for you. Old women, per se, don't disgust me because they don't really register with me. Abhorrent to me are the ones you described; the late 30s and 40s types clinging to a youth they are never, ever gonna regain.

Let's face it; we all turn into shit. At different rates and to different degrees but there's no denying it and there's no way around it. Even if you are one of those scary people who get botox and lipo and implants and facelifts and all that shit...you don't only don't stop the process, and you don't fool anyone (except maybe briefly, in the dark, at a distance)...but you actually look worse. I mean, Jesus, look at Madonna. She's a f***ing freak. Who is she kidding? She was, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful people ever to grace the soil of planet Earth. But that passed and there's no shame in going silently into that dark night. She had a good long run of drop-dead gorgeousness. I'm sure that's hard to let go of.

And she exercises and stuff, so that's cool, but she's trying to preserve something that is not ever going to return.

She's not even the worst example.

There are women who age really well and even get prettier as they get older (Aimee Mann comes to mind) but for most of us it is downhill after 30. There are lots of factors...alcohol intake, children, stress, sleep loss, diet, exercise regime, genetics...but I mean, if you are even remotely attractive in your prime, you can definitely hang in there after your supposed peak. But it will take a lot of work and discipline, which most people just don't have time or energy for. So instead, they -the richer ones anyway- go the easy route, the surgery route, the botox route...which is never ever good. EVER.

Guys get ugly too but women, especially the more intelligent ones or at least the ones that are older than 20...are less shallow than men. They don't seek out ugly guys, but they are more willing to see the inner qualities. That's how guys that are 50 and even 60 can still sometimes get chicks in their 20s. They exude wisdom and experience and bravado and calm that they didn't have when they were younger and better looking.

Then you have the girls who are looking for father-types. And the gold-diggers. I don't know. Chicks are whack. All I know is, guys have it easier when it comes to aging than girls do.

I'm 35, very nearly 36, and I'm balding and am definitely on the road to a beergut. I have grey hair in my chest and my face and my head when I grow my hair out for more than a few days. However, I am also a million times more confident than I was at 25. And I am much more comfortable than myself in my 20s. I didn't know shit from clay when I was in my 20s and I made miserable choices where friends were concerned and girls, too. Some of which I'm still paying for, literally.

My point is, you lose something as you age but if you don't sit around whining and moping, you gain something too. Hand to god, I would not go back to 25 for a million bucks. I'm not really looking forward to getting much older, but I am actually looking perversely forward to my late 30s and 40s. The farther away I can get from the past, the better. That's how I see it. I'll gladly pay for it with grey hair and a few extra pounds.

I say bring it on, Life. Let's see what ya got.

And by the way CG, I know you're a big girl, you've never made a secret of that, but that picture of you that you posted is very cute. Just my two cents.

And also, that guy you mentioned...guys that go after girls who look like little boys..they have some issues. And not good ones. I'm by no means a chubby chaser, but any man who is turned off by big hips and a nice chest is definitely a closet case.

It wasn't really in jest but I certainly didn't have it in for you. Old women, per se, don't disgust me because they don't really register with me. Abhorrent to me are the ones you described; the late 30s and 40s types clinging to a youth they are never, ever gonna regain.

Let's face it; we all turn into shit. At different rates and to different degrees but there's no denying it and there's no way around it. Even if you are one of those scary people who get botox and lipo and implants and facelifts and all that shit...you don't only don't stop the process, and you don't fool anyone (except maybe briefly, in the dark, at a distance)...but you actually look worse. I mean, Jesus, look at Madonna. She's a f***ing freak. Who is she kidding? She was, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful people ever to grace the soil of planet Earth. But that passed and there's no shame in going silently into that dark night. She had a good long run of drop-dead gorgeousness. I'm sure that's hard to let go of.

And she exercises and stuff, so that's cool, but she's trying to preserve something that is not ever going to return.

She's not even the worst example.

There are women who age really well and even get prettier as they get older (Aimee Mann comes to mind) but for most of us it is downhill after 30. There are lots of factors...alcohol intake, children, stress, sleep loss, diet, exercise regime, genetics...but I mean, if you are even remotely attractive in your prime, you can definitely hang in there after your supposed peak. But it will take a lot of work and discipline, which most people just don't have time or energy for. So instead, they -the richer ones anyway- go the easy route, the surgery route, the botox route...which is never ever good. EVER.

Guys get ugly too but women, especially the more intelligent ones or at least the ones that are older than 20...are less shallow than men. They don't seek out ugly guys, but they are more willing to see the inner qualities. That's how guys that are 50 and even 60 can still sometimes get chicks in their 20s. They exude wisdom and experience and bravado and calm that they didn't have when they were younger and better looking.

Then you have the girls who are looking for father-types. And the gold-diggers. I don't know. Chicks are whack. All I know is, guys have it easier when it comes to aging than girls do.

I'm 35, very nearly 36, and I'm balding and am definitely on the road to a beergut. I have grey hair in my chest and my face and my head when I grow my hair out for more than a few days. However, I am also a million times more confident than I was at 25. And I am much more comfortable than myself in my 20s. I didn't know shit from clay when I was in my 20s and I made miserable choices where friends were concerned and girls, too. Some of which I'm still paying for, literally.

My point is, you lose something as you age but if you don't sit around whining and moping, you gain something too. Hand to god, I would not go back to 25 for a million bucks. I'm not really looking forward to getting much older, but I am actually looking perversely forward to my late 30s and 40s. The farther away I can get from the past, the better. That's how I see it. I'll gladly pay for it with grey hair and a few extra pounds.

I say bring it on, Life. Let's see what ya got.

And by the way CG, I know you're a big girl, you've never made a secret of that, but that picture of you that you posted is very cute. Just my two cents.

And also, that guy you mentioned...guys that go after girls who look like little boys..they have some issues. And not good ones. I'm by no means a chubby chaser, but any man who is turned off by big hips and a nice chest is definitely a closet case.

Thanks for your thorough and insightful answer. What's your take on moms and grammas. Obviously not object d'amours, but they have a place in society, they don't repulse you to look at, do they?

Yeah, he was a closet case of many things. I was 14 in that picture. He'd refer to it constantly, that I wasn't the same person I was, the trophy he snagged so many years before. BAH! f***er. :straightface: *tuning out sad times*

She's certainly cute, agree there.

Awwwww. :flowers: The point was not to show off how cute I was, I had intended to put a before and aafter pic then got distracted by something. The point is, I guess, no matter how young we are, we were once younger and are reminded of that when we look in the mirror. But different people embrace that aspect differently, some are more harsh on themselves than others, some are more harsh on others than is reasonably fair. The Morrissey Frink Thread comes to mind when people say "Oh he was cuter then..." or "I don't care for current Morrissey." How can anyone say that and not think, "Oh. That opinion could be very damaging if he read it."

Meh...I'm just typing out loud. :p

I'm glad. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

Hey crabby, why'd you delete your Easter photo from the Easter thread? It's the one that got me to put mine up. Fun idea.

Thanks for your thorough and insightful answer. What's your take on moms and grammas. Obviously not object d'amours, but they have a place in society, they don't repulse you to look at, do they?

I don't have a take on grammas. They're grammas.

As for moms, I actually find many of them very attractive, at least the ones in the 20-40 range. Assuming they aren't they types who let themselves go to hell after the pregnancy, I find that many women look a million times better after they've given birth. One fetish I do not have is the virginal teenage girl one.

They develop those amazing Monroe hips, they get great asses, fuller tits, their nipples get nice and dark and look much better when aroused (not a fan of the barely visible, untouched looking pink nipple)....Something to actually suck on.

Too much information? Well, you asked.

I don't have a take on grammas. They're grammas.

As for moms, I actually find many of them very attractive, at least the ones in the 20-40 range. Assuming they aren't they types who let themselves go to hell after the pregnancy, I find that many women look a million times better after they've given birth. One fetish I do not have is the virginal teenage girl one.

They develop those amazing Monroe hips, they get great asses, fuller tits, their nipples get nice and dark and look much better when aroused (not a fan of the barely visible, untouched looking pink nipple)....Something to actually suck on.

Too much information? Well, you asked.

:eek:

I don't know what kind of post-partum nipples you've been sucking lately but I was under the impression that in general, boobs become flat like pancakes after babytiemz has run it's course.

:eek:

I don't know what kind of post-partum nipples you've been sucking lately but I was under the impression that in general, boobs become flat like pancakes after babytiemz has run it's course.

That can happen too, yeah, so maybe I've been lucky in the girls who've had babies that I've made out with.

Made out with the girls, that is. Not the babies.

I'm relieved you cleared that up. I saw a freshly-nursed-from nipple recently. It looked like a pencil eraser on steroids. I don't think mine could even achieve that shape even after a child since I'm working with nickels and I imagine this mom had drink coasters before the baby.

I'm relieved you cleared that up. I saw a freshly-nursed-from nipple recently. It looked like a pencil eraser on steroids. I don't think mine could even achieve that shape even after a child since I'm working with nickels and I imagine this mom had drink coasters before the baby.

Gross. Big nipple are gross. Really gross. Pancake nipples I mean. GROSS.

Gross. Big nipple are gross. Really gross. Pancake nipples I mean. GROSS.

Wait. Doesn't Madonna, "the most beautiful woman on the planet" have big ol' nipples?

My bad. She's got lil' nips. Big ol' muscles though, dayuuum. :eek: She's taking this whole hermetic androgyne thing in the air a tad to literal. :p

enhanced-buzz-18447-1317997162-0.jpg

But look at beautiful Aimee, same age as Madonna and I'm sure she looks way better naked. Wish I knew for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad....but that's what I'm saying.

Well, you're only as vane as your arms. :p Here's the other two pics if you're interested. I hope whoever was in the room helping her get dressed that day is looking for a job. :squiffy:

But look at beautiful Aimee, same age as Madonna and I'm sure she looks way better naked. Wish I knew for sure.

I think the lovely thing you're picking up in Aimee Mann is that she's genuine. There's something sincere in the way she presents herself. I agree though, she is beautiful. And as old as Madonna? Doesn't look it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the other two pics if you're interested.

I'd still do her. If she's lucky.

I think the lovely thing you're picking up in Aimee Mann is that she's genuine. There's something sincere in the way she presents herself. I agree though, she is beautiful. And as old as Madonna? Doesn't look it.

Aimee is almost exactly one whole year younger. She is 52, Madonna is 53.

Back
Top Bottom