Morrissey's 1990 visit to KROQ in Los Angeles (15 photos)

scan0070.jpgscan0071.jpgscan0072.jpgscan0073.jpgscan0075.jpg

sweet thanks for the share. he looks a little nervous at times which is cute

Thanks for sharing these. I have seen a couple of photos of this before, his hair looked so good and he was so f***en beautiful around that time (no homo.)

I remember getting a cassette tape of that KROQ interview and it remains one of my favourite Moz interviews of all time.

Blade, 'Janet Jackson she just dances right?'

Moz, 'badly.'

Hahahaha.

Though I am not sure when the earliest arrivers got theres, I personally don't recall having to wait more than 2 hours or so between getting there and his arrival. Unfortunately, I lost contact with Jason around 20 years ago. As I stated, though, I am sure he wouldn't mind these being shared.

These are lovely. If you have more to share, please do. Thank You Bastard. And Jason (wherever you are).

I wore my tape naked listening on a loop.

Happy Daze.

And that's Arty Fufkin..I mean Howie Klein..chaperoning Moz through the throng.

The first 2 photos are of the moment he trips/falls, the next is of the rush that slammed him into the glass doors, then a photo (through the glass) of him holding his head after hitting it (the tall man to his right coming the opposite direction is a friend that asked "Are you ok, Morrissey?" with no response other than a look given), and the last is of the crowd that lined one side of the driveway.
scan0097.jpgscan0098.jpgscan0099.jpgscan0100.jpgscan0101.jpg

In 1990, a number of us waited patiently outside 106.7 KROQ studio's building for Morrissey to arrive. Most assumed he would be driving down into the underground parking and therefore lined the driveway holding banners and signs for him to see. However, the decision was made to simply pull up at the curb, where he was forced to find his way through an entire brick courtyard filled with fans - most of which were seeing him on US soil for the very first time. I stood on a planter wall above his path taking B&W photos with a manual focus camera (a very poor decision retrospectively, and getting nearly nothing off in focus). However, a friend was able to rattle these (and other photos) off and was kind enough to give me a set. I had never shared them, as they weren't mine to share, but 25 years have passed, and I am sure Jason won't mind my sharing at this point. In photos I have not yet scanned but will add to this thread later, you will see that our man was tripped or otherwise brought down on his way through the crowd, causing a brief scare in the crowd. He was also slammed against the glass doors to the building by the excited crowd.

scan0073.jpg

See full set in the original forum thread (15 total)

Attachments

• scan0063.jpg
    scan0063.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 1,027
  • scan0065.jpg
    scan0065.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 815
  • scan0067.jpg
    scan0067.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 972
  • scan0068.jpg
    scan0068.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 869
  • scan0069.jpg
    scan0069.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 907
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ! Think he filmed 'November' at this time? He looks great... as usual.

I remember this like it was yesterday! I have the tape and CD of this interview and songs that he sang! Good times! Listening to KROQ in Whittier!

Neither Moz nor most of his [older, original vintage] fans can get their hair to do THAT anymore!

Thanks for sharing these. I have seen a couple of photos of this before, his hair looked so good and he was so f***en beautiful around that time (no homo.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom