TTY: The face of 2016

He is insane.

I think posting a doctored photograph of a 90-year-old Queen with the suggestion that the British people should physically batter her is pretty insane, yes. It's sick.

If he really wanted to make a political point, he would have posted a battered David Cameron. As usual, he went for the low-hanging fruit and back to that boring old bunch, the Royals. Whatever you think of the Royal Family, the Queen had no real choice but to lead the life that was set out for her from the minute her father died. Morrissey doesn't really give a damn about the Royals, or Jamie Oliver or the Beckhams or anything else he whines about endlessly. He just wants attention.

well, if that's how you read the picture. If that's what you think he's suggesting. Then in that case I can see why you would say that. But the symbol of a battered political figure is nothing in comparison to the real life damage caused to the people under a political leaders brute rule.

It's a picture where a person will get the chance to react to it by questioning the artists intent. Like, why is this person mad at the Queen? Should I also be mad at the Queen and other figures of authority? Should I buy the latest Queen reissue ?

The British monarch's role is purely ceremonial; the queen has no political authority.

you think? I mean if he really wanted attention,wouldn't it be easier for him to get it by running naked down Hollywood Boulevard clutching a loaf of bread demanding a high ransom for it's release ?

Though,I don't know why he targets the Queen in particular. Could be he does mean Cameron also, by using her image as a symbol for all that is wrong with the royal and political system in the UK.

He wants attention/notoriety in the British tabloids, that's all.

Queen Elizabeth II has never held any real power, no. She is just a symbolic figurehead. Ornamental only.

what do you mean by this link? Not trying to be argumentative. My reply to that post was, Didn't she once hold the power to make decisions that would impact the lives of others?

It's long and protracted to explain the role of a constitutional monarchy, and I thought the links might explain things better than I could. In short, the Queen has "ceremonial" powers - such as summoning and dissolving Parliament, declaring war, giving Royal Assent to bills, giving the Queen's Speech etc - but in reality, these processes are decided and handled by the Government. That's Parliamentary sovereignty.

- - - Updated - - -

but why and what would he benefit from doing this? If only to secure his image that he is anti-monarchy.

Because he has no record deal, is still smarting from the 'List of the Lost' disaster and is feeling a bit forgotten?

The Face of 2016 - true-to-you.net
9 April 2016

2016-04-09_06-1_54_32.jpg

Artist / owner of above unknown.
Reprinted here with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon Morrissey is such an "Englishman" What is wrong with your Brits? Don't you have any pride?

Please use this as the stage backdrop for the California-Vegas tour dates!!!!

Anonymous-

Last edited:
hahahaha what a guy :D keep it up mozzer!

If he really wanted to make a political point, he would have posted a battered David Cameron. As usual, he went for the low-hanging fruit and back to that boring old bunch, the Royals. Whatever you think of the Royal Family, the Queen had no real choice but to lead the life that was set out for her from the minute her father died.

are you sure about that? the choice is always there to abdicate. it's a drastic one, but isnt that better than keeping up a shameful pretence your entire life? if you were born into something that was an absolute joke and insult to all the good citizens of your country would you go along with it forever, devoting your entire life, your entire being, to that thing? isn't character more important than keeping up a family tradition that you know to have been the cause of great misery and hardship in the lives of countless? i wonder if she is ever ashamed? probably not. im sure she contents herself with thinking that although her life wasnt hers, it was a very noble one, when in reality, she is the silliest of creatures. the royal family may only be symbolic, but what is it they are a symbol of? a persistance of a family and a way of life that has never been worth what it has cost.

- - - Updated - - -

you think? I mean if he really wanted attention,wouldn't it be easier for him to get it by running naked down Hollywood Boulevard clutching a loaf of bread demanding a high ransom for it's release ?

lololol that would be brilliant :D

Noticed the mozbots got unusually defensive, even for them, jumping up like chickens with their heads cut off.
Maybe the news about the cancelled tour and continued lack of record deal set them off on the wrong foot.

Here's an article of what 32 celebs wore to meet her. I think this pic of the queen checking out Jayne Mansfield's rack is pretty funny.

1458330495-gettyimages-514877746_master.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom