Manchester - Manchester Arena (July 28, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Maladjusted / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Action Is My Middle Name / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want // Still Ill

set list provided by SimonM, Because. Order corrected by telegram-sam.

Last edited:
Truly truly disappointed. bad set, bad sound. no atmosphere. complete waste of money

Fantastic, brilliant, wonderful night! :D

He was in good spirits and excellent voice and the crowd were great (no worries about lack of tickets, looked filled to the rafters!). Set sagged a bit in the middle with a few news songs and To Give but the rest was fab - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want was divine! And, of course, there were a few asides about the Olympics/Jubilee which were warmly welcomed ;) Thank you Morrissey!

Well, I quite enjoyed myself. He seemed quite chatty and happy, and I like the fact that he sang Still Ill, as that's one of my faves.
Couldn't make out what was on the gang's t shirts though, can someone who was at the front of the mosh pit fill us in?
It was the longest concert he has done actually that I have been to, and I have been to quite a few... They also threw lots of people off guard starting well before 9pm!
Erm, was it Boz dressed in woman's attire? Referred to by Moz as 'Gaynor Tension' ??
Im a happy bunny, even though my ears are shot and me back is fecked...

Much luv to all Mozites...

Harpurhey Harlot x

decent set list but not a crowd pleaser or one to get you bouncin'

highlights were still ill and last night i dreamt.

glad to hear maladjusted but it sounded awful, gutted no alma matters

Well, I quite enjoyed myself. He seemed quite chatty and happy, and I like the fact that he sang Still Ill, as that's one of my faves.
Couldn't make out what was on the gang's t shirts though, can someone who was at the front of the mosh pit fill us in?
It was the longest concert he has done actually that I have been to, and I have been to quite a few... They also threw lots of people off guard starting well before 9pm!
Erm, was it Boz dressed in woman's attire? Referred to by Moz as 'Gaynor Tension' ??

Harpurhey Harlot x

We enjoyed ourselves. Sound not too good, but never is at MEN. Can't remember the set list. The t-shirts were the "We Hate William and Kate" ones. Did the three new songs - cue everyone going back and forward for drinks. Said that he hadn't been invited to the Olympic ceremony as his smile was too sincere. Almost missed the start, he came on at 8.35 so all done and over for 10.

Thought it was average to be honest. The start was good but the middle was too flat and too long. By the time speedway came on, people were leaving.

The setlist was lacklustre in my opinion. 16000 people are not all huge morrissey fans and Scandinavia,action is my middle name, to give is the reason I live together with too many songs from the last album equalled an average night. I have been to 15 or so concerts and this was up there with the worst.

What was with the 8.35 start? Unheard of and caught hundreds out.

The meat is murder footage is also too over the top in my opinion.

I had a great time, though I was positioned quite near the front, not too far from some drunk woman (i'm sure she's nice when she hasn't had the whole bottle) who nearly had Kristeen Young in tears . The crowd seemed split on whether that was a good thing. Also there was a handsome blonde guy near the front row, who I almost spoke to as we filed out, but didn't. For some reason that bugged me. I should interact more.

As for the man himself I personally thought he was on top form, in excellent voice, quite chatty and happy to be home. It did seem to become a bit subdued half way through, but picked up again at the end. He could've mixed the playlist up a bit more, but from past playlists, you know what to expect really. I think Moz sensed during a song or two that the crowd had faded away a bit, but that wasn't the case for long and all in all I thought it was a night to remember.

Skipped the aftershow stuff, though would've probably gone if I didn't go to the concert on my own.

KY in tears?? Why?
D:

Oh, and at the end he dedicated the show in memory of someone (couldn't catch name)

The first show I've been to at a large venue for years and I can honestly say I'm so thoroughly impressed. Morrissey was fantastic and seemed in an excellent mood. It would have been nice if he had played a few older songs though, especially for the sake of my younger brother who didn't know some of the newer stuff. All in all a brilliant night though.

Harpurhey Harlot x

We enjoyed ourselves. Sound not too good, but never is at MEN. Can't remember the set list. The t-shirts were the "We Hate William and Kate" ones. Did the three new songs - cue everyone going back and forward for drinks. Said that he hadn't been invited to the Olympic ceremony as his smile was too sincere. Almost missed the start, he came on at 8.35 so all done and over for 10.

Without doubt the worst Morrissey concert i've ever seen....I missed the start as it started too early,so thank you for that Morrissey.

That set list was just appalling,what is he doing? it was horrible,i wanted to dance and enjoy it but it was the same old rubbish and it was rubbish...

It was flat all around me,the crowd were up for it but it was a complete let down,Speedway was destroyed the band were awful(again),it was depressing...thousands turned out and were subject to that,i was shouting for a better set list but it just got worse and worse...to cap it all i'm off to Edinburgh,the only saving grace is that i never paid for parking..

I'm just angry,i look forward to this but i should have learnt my lesson from the last couple of years,it could have been great but it was the opposite..Why,Why,Why .? all the beautiful songs he has and he plays,Carol and Scandinavia and Black cloud...If he can't be bothered than why should i?

Loved it and my son loved it too. I was up in the rafters like the balcony fool and the great man sounded wonderful. My skin tingled hearing I know its over live. I left with a grin on my face and my son swore next time we would be at the front. 2 generations left happy :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom