MOZ in Chicago - Whos going?

lurkstyd

I'm coming from out of town to see Morrissey in Chicago on 11/10. I will be rolling solo, anybody out there looking to hang that weekend?

I may be going. I hear the venue is an absolute shithole. Can any locals confirm or deny? I have a high tolerance for shitholes (perhaps even a penchant for them.... I grew up going to the Rat in Boston), so no skin off my back. Just curious.

I may be going. I hear the venue is an absolute shithole. Can any locals confirm or deny? I have a high tolerance for shitholes (perhaps even a penchant for them.... I grew up going to the Rat in Boston), so no skin off my back. Just curious.

I was surprised to hear that he was playing the Congress. I consider it one of the worst sounding venues in the city.

i will be there!!

aaahhhh the old rat in boston.

I'm going. More interested in seeing Corrissey than Morrissey. :thumb:

:lbf::guitar:

Yeay, you've confirmed you're coming!! Need a crash pad?
I'm almost more excited to see my friends than the Man himself!

Congress Theater is as old as the Aragon, but a much more intimate venue (no gigantic moat/more accessibility to Moz). I've only been there for one show (The Killers) and I liked it, the theater, the sound & had a good experience all around (apart from the mace that went off in the lobby, I thought we were under chemical attack :eek:). It's not the best venue (oh how I wish he'd come to Metro!), but it's not the worst either -it's close to the El, too. A cool building that could use some TLC sure, but it has 'character'. I'm looking forward to it. :thumb:

p.s. From what I can tell, there's no pre-sale. Assuming it will all be GA, even the balcony seating.

Last edited:
Hello all-
I am driving up from St Louis to celebrate my 40th birthday at this show. Can someone please share the details regarding what it takes to get up front. Lineup times, policies, etc... A PM would do if you don't want to broadcast as I know many are after the same thing. I have never been to this venue before and am just looking for friendly advice from those in the know. TIA :)

The only time I was at the Congress Theatre was to see Modest Mouse... meaning that if I could make this show, I would have seen 50% of the Smiths there.

Anyway, yes. Horrible sound, crumbling venue. Would love to see him play at Metro, or even the lovely Vic. Oh well.

It looks like I'm going. I scored 4 tickets and ticketfly is much easier to use than any other site I've tried. 4 tickets for Chicago cost less than 2 GA tickets in Oakland. My 3 year old daughter might get to see Moz for the 1st time.

I'm going. More interested in seeing Corrissey than Morrissey. :thumb:

Solo milf reunion!!!!!!!

Was that inappropriate? :p i'm just saying you're sexy moms, not that I'd, you know. okay i will shut up now.

I am considering going ..... is it worth the drive from PA? This would be my first Morrissey concert??

Tags
chicago congress morrissey
Back
Top Bottom