Suede - ambition

dirtee rephlex

Outside your house
As the last Suede discography thread is a read-only archive...

Suede -Ambition.jpg

Divided as follows :

01. Love & poison (Suede era)
02. Tears of suburbia (Dog Man Star era)
03. Speeding disaster (Coming Up era)
04. Making noise (Head Music era)
05. Disease between us (A New Morning era)
06. Social winter (Singles era)
07. We drift like a landslide (Here Comes The Tears era)
08. Such a lonely sound (Solo years)
09. The sound of the subway is all we chase (Bloodsports era)
10. Silence is everywhere (Night Thoughts era)

It actually looks like Brett Anderson's discography rather than a Suede's.
Music in the following post.

Re: Suede. ambition.

Thanks dirtee rephlex, I can't wait until the Dog Man Star era becomes available. I love how their B-sides and album tracks are as good if not better than the singles.

i love the diesel demo instrumental with its rounded jerky circling guitar shapes that stop start and popping bit. he was so so so good. the climax and twang are great

Thanks dirtee rephlex, I can't wait until the Dog Man Star era becomes available. I love how their B-sides and album tracks are as good if not better than the singles.

Might be there by tomorrow... B-sides were better than singles and even better than most other album tracks IMO...

- - - Updated - - -

i love the diesel demo instrumental with its rounded jerky circling guitar shapes that stop start and popping bit. he was so so so good. the climax and twang are great

That instrumental demo was released in the album deluxe edition but they omitted the early live version which has vocals on it...

Might be there by tomorrow... B-sides were better than singles and even better than most other album tracks IMO...

- - - Updated - - -

That instrumental demo was released in the album deluxe edition but they omitted the early live version which has vocals on it...

dont know if ive ever herd the demo with vocals but it sounds similar to some other songs like pantomime horse etc at times. i own pretty much everything suede has ever put out and went through a phase or aggressively seeking songs and making connections to those that had some neat archived stuff though everything i had seems to out these days and in better quality. i remember the bit rates for a bunch of the early b-sides was like 120 or 195 or something like that and i could only find wonderful sometimes in like 320 so i had to out it first on the comp album and then turn the volume up because if i did it any other way id get to into it forget the song was comming up and blow my speakers

dont know if ive ever herd the demo with vocals but it sounds similar to some other songs like pantomime horse etc at times. i own pretty much everything suede has ever put out and went through a phase or aggressively seeking songs and making connections to those that had some neat archived stuff though everything i had seems to out these days and in better quality. i remember the bit rates for a bunch of the early b-sides was like 120 or 195 or something like that and i could only find wonderful sometimes in like 320 so i had to out it first on the comp album and then turn the volume up because if i did it any other way id get to into it forget the song was comming up and blow my speakers

Yes early stuff was pretty bad quality... You might help then cause I'm looking for a better quality version of "Art" than the one I've placed in the compilation... Well, hope you'll tell me if I've missed anything of interest !!!

Awesome :thumb:

Is it just me or is The Living Dead (Piano version) disappointing? I had high hopes when I first heard of it's existence but it just doesn't work.

Also Brian Eno's Introducing the Band is so wrong on so many levels, what were they thinking.

Is it just me or is The Living Dead (Piano version) disappointing? I had high hopes when I first heard of it's existence but it just doesn't work.

Also Brian Eno's Introducing the Band is so wrong on so many levels, what were they thinking.

that they liked eno im guessing. yeah i think that of the my insatiable one demo as well but didnt brett say he was just learning the piano around the tme of the debut. personally i always liked richards stuff on piano a bit more. this time and some other b-sides but he knew how to play it before he joined. you probably have everything i have though ill break out my suede b-side comps because i do remember art not sounding to bad though painted people at the time was a bit ropey. i still think there a bit of trebble in the art recording but im not technically gifted in those areas. i only have a good ear and know what i like

I quite like the piano version of The Living Dead but I can only agree with you Eno's bullshit is bullshit.

I think I'm gonna to busy listening to those! I've already got 2 Brett Anderson albums waiting for a listen! I might have to find a longer route to work ;-) Thank you again, I really appreciate you doing this. It annoys me how Suede appears to be a forgotten band and yet there back catalogue is phenomenal.

I think I'm gonna to busy listening to those! I've already got 2 Brett Anderson albums waiting for a listen! I might have to find a longer route to work ;-) Thank you again, I really appreciate you doing this. It annoys me how Suede appears to be a forgotten band and yet there back catalogue is phenomenal.

They have got a phenomenal catalogue indeed !

Back
Top Bottom