Weird things people say to you about Moz.

Mallory.

Spartan Commander.
Okay, so as obsessive fans, I am sure people who are maybe trying to be nice (or maybe not?) have said some pretty funny/strange/ridiculous things about Moz to you. Please share!

Personal experience:
"We always thought Morrissey would just slit his throat on stage. We were amazed he ever managed to make it through an entire show." :/
-My friend's mother.

Usually they just mock his voice which basically makes me want to punch them in the face but usually I look down and change the subject.

Morrissey equals gay to most people that are not fans.
Weird because when you mention Elton John or George Micheal the first remark (usually) isn't about them being gay and they ARE openly gay.
Morrissey isn't flamboyant to me so not sure how these people that have NO idea about him jump to that conclusion. When I first discovered The Smiths I didn't know his sexuality was in question. I just thought he was a well spoken British man, which I guess some American's aren't used to. But...I also didn't think Ricky Martin was gay. My gaydar may be broken. :)

But I digress to not turn this into the 100,000 sexuality thread...
When I mention Morrissey to my mom, her first comment is, "oh yeah fatty."
Somehow my mom had a copy of Your Arsenal on tape and after one play and one play ONLY, that is the only song she can deal with.

When I updated my facebook to show that I was attending a few concerts I got a comment about trying not to kill myself when they were over.
Morrissey also equals depressive music to people as well. I've NEVER gotten depressed. Morrissey takes the depression AWAY actually!

I hate when simple-minded tards assume that all Moz fans/listeners are depressed... :rolleyes:

I once got asked if I was depressive by a clerk at Amoeba in LA because I was purchasing a couple Moz albums.... the bitch who asked me was a fuglyass anarchisty-looking dyke and I felt like smacking her in the face.... :guitar:

how dare she!!! :mad:

Last edited:
When I updated my facebook to show that I was attending a few concerts I got a comment about trying not to kill myself when they were over.
Morrissey also equals depressive music to people as well. I've NEVER gotten depressed. Morrissey takes the depression AWAY actually!

haha yeah that reminds me once when i was randomly at the mall and this guy came up to me just to talk and i mentioned being a morrissey/smiths fan and we talked about parties and how im not into "partying" and he gives me his number and says something like "you should come to a party with me one day when you're not moping alone in your room to morrissey" :rolleyes:

Okay, so as obsessive fans, I am sure people who are maybe trying to be nice (or maybe not?) have said some pretty funny/strange/ridiculous things about Moz to you. Please share!

Personal experience:
"We always thought Morrissey would just slit his throat on stage. We were amazed he ever managed to make it through an entire show." :/
-My friend's mother.

!! whats with all the AFI fans on here lately! davey is coming back to haunt me....

My dad always says "Are you gonna see the old man again?" whenever I have a Morrissey concert coming up or he jokes around and refers to him as "Steven Patrick" haha. My mom always defends him and says "Morrissey is great, stop it" - and that even though she's not even a fan. One of my male friends said, "i know one day you are gonna marry Morrissey" - of course not even meaning it. He loves to make fun of me being a Moz fan.

The funniest thing ever happening to me though was at work when my mobile phone started ringing and I have "all you need is me" as the ring tone and my colleague was like, "Isnt that from a band from Turkey??":p:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom