Cocteau Twins

Will Liz Fraser Release Music/Perform Ever Again?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

It's 2012 and Liz Fraser is still a vanished soul...nobody knows where is...how she is.....
Robin hasn't played in the UK for years and is over in America.
Cocteau Twins reforming is less likely than The Smiths reforming.....
Will I ever get to see any of them live???

One more thing....when will Robin add Cocteau Twins songs in his live set list?? Come on!! :(

I only saw the Cocteau Twins once and yeah, it was awesome, also, that was the one time I saw Throwing Muses*, though I've seen Belly a couple of times.
As for EF touring ever again, maybe not, however, record? For sure, I am sure she still has the voice of a Goddess.
Ok, pop quiz time, whats's your fave song of her's? For me its actually not a CC song, its

but I suppose if I had to pick a CC song, it would be

*=I could be confused, I saw a lot of concerts back in the day, it might have been Cur 93 with CC and somebody else with TM
**=I once knew a Goth girl that went by that name(back then I was so clueless I thought it was her real name) regardless, I think I wanted to date her just because, crazy huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite Cocteau Twins song has to be "From The Flagstones"....but there's a very long list of Cocteau Twin's songs I love!

Liz has mentioned a number of times over the year she completed a full album of solo work. So she must have quite a lot of unreleased material hiding in some dark rusty vault!

Growing very fond of this song currently :)

On the subject of CT, I've been finding it harder and harder these last few years to pretend I don't approve of their post-BBK output.

I admit it... I love it all (most of it, anyway). And all the dusty old Batcavers hiss and snarl at me for it :(

COME ON!!! That is, like, the musical equivalent of GHB.

On the subject of CT, I've been finding it harder and harder these last few years to pretend I don't approve of their post-BBK output.

I admit it... I love it all (most of it, anyway). And all the dusty old Batcavers hiss and snarl at me for it :(

I love their whole career too! Imagine them without Blue Bell Knoll, Cherry Coloured Funk and Summerhead? Jesus!
One or two songs on Milk and Kisses including Golden Vein, get on my nerves though.

first of all, why am I the only one who voted?

This mortal coil > cocteau twins > throwing muses
Oh, I remember now, that was the week I saw Throwing Muses with Lush then Cocteau Twins with Current 93, I think
there may have been some other bands I don't remember now, I saw Dead Can Dance a lot back then too

COME ON!!! That is, like, the musical equivalent of GHB.

sorry about thos dusty old Batcavers, and yeah, thats a good song, I don't know about it being like GHB though, that was never my drug of choice, just sayin...

Cocteau Twins did some phenomenal 80's/early 90's stuff

Pearly Dewdrops Drop, Sugar Hiccup and Summerblink espesch

first of all, why am I the only one who voted?

I have voted "no", even though Liz released Moses. I still doubt she is going to release a full albums worth of material. It's looking very unlikely as the years go by.

sorry about thos dusty old Batcavers, and yeah, thats a good song, I don't know about it being like GHB though, that was never my drug of choice, just sayin...

Haha... Well, one of my hobbies is to sit alone in my dark bedroom under a mountain of covers and consume massive amounts of of depressants and depressant psychoactives while listening to chilly, ethereal shit (Cocteau Twins :) ), if that explains anything...

I am kind of like Gollum if he had been a depressive hipster Indie kid.

Haha... Well, one of my hobbies is to sit alone in my dark bedroom under a mountain of covers and consume massive amounts of of depressants and depressant psychoactives while listening to chilly, ethereal shit (Cocteau Twins :) ), if that explains anything...

I am kind of like Gollum if he had been a depressive hipster Indie kid.
sounds fun!

Violaine, so underated!

I was lucky to see them at Brixton Academy in 1990 which was some sort of celebration of their record company where many other acts from the label turned up like Ian McCulloch who was a bit drunk and came from the Spurs-Liverpool game just like me and was so happy that his Liverpool had won 3-1.

In 1984 Cocteau Twins played at a restaurant in Örebro in Sweden and it was shown on national tv here. I like this following clip from the gig that shows the young swedish fans dressed in the style that was in back then, white shirts and blonde hair that was usually quite big.

Note the spelling error of the song title by the producer.

Swedish artist Anna Järvinen made a cover of the Cocteau song "Fotzepolitic" and translated it into swedish or if the words she chose were made up cause with the Cocteaus it is sometimes hard to know. Here it is:

Swedish artist Anna Järvinen made a cover of the Cocteau song "Fotzepolitic" and translated it into swedish or if the words she chose were made up cause with the Cocteaus it is sometimes hard to know. Here it is:

And the band (or the label...?) for some reason didn't like that, so the new version of her album doesn't include this cover.

And the band (or the label...?) for some reason didn't like that, so the new version of her album doesn't include this cover.

Unlikely anyone would include a cover on an album though. Not a fan of her and just happened to find it when I was looking for the Cocteau Twins live in Sweden video.

The last recording Liz Fraser has done...there are probably albums worth of songs looming in her vault somewhere though.

Why do The Cocteau Twins hate "Treasure" so much? By far it's one of the best albums they made and yet they have always bashed it.

Back
Top Bottom