Boz interview in advance of solo album "Some Of The Parts"

He wishes he'd written Ambitious Outsiders? Interesting. I wonder if he misses Alain from time to time.

With Bozman it's always the shortest answers in the West.

Also surprised at the almost non-sequitur of Ambitious Outsiders, out of all the thousands of songs he could've chosen.
If I didn't know who had written that song I actually would've guessed Boz. It's very much in line with the likes of The Teachers, Scandinavia etc.
Or perhaps it's a subtle love call to Alain?

Boz Boorer releases new album 3 Sept - Some Of The Parts

Mr Boz Boorer, Morrissey's inimitable lead guitarist, musical director and co-writer, is bestowing another solo album on discerning purveyers of music to be released early next month. It's called Some Of The Parts and offers many interesting features:guitar::

Boz Boorer, formerly with the legendary rockabilly band The Polecats and since 1991 Morrissey's guitarist, presents his fourth solo album! The song 'Saunders Ferry Lane' (track 2) features the vocals of James Maker (Morrissey's favourite singer), track 9 is a cover of the KrisKristofferson song, and has John Moore (of Black Box Recorder, The Jesus & The Mary Chain) as special guest on diverse instruments.The CD comes in a nice 6-page digifile packaging and has track by track notes written by the artist! Boz Boorer can rightfully be described as being at the heart of the British music scene. This guitarist, songwriter and producer is known to music fans across the world as a founding member of legendary neo-rockabilly band, THE POLECATS and also as co-writer, guitarist and musical director over the past 20 years with former Smiths frontman, MORRISSEY. On top of this he also produces promising indie newcomers in his studio in Portugal and works with long-time companions like Edwyn Collins, Adam Ant and many others.

Boz Boorer has also been lovingly described by his friends as an earthquake, a very special artist who leaves an impression in the truest sense of the word with his presence, energy and humour. On his new solo album, "Some Of The Parts", Boz shows himself to be a fantastically versatile artist with a collection of 12 songs created alongside numerous highly esteemed guest musicians.To the many fans who know Boz as a rockabilly great, he demonstrates on this album that he has no musical boundaries. At times raw and full of unbelievable intensity and at others as kitsch and sweet as 60s lounge-pop.Interestingly some of these songs were originally composed or recorded for fellow artists or were composed during the course of a wild night in his Portuguese studio. The single “Slippery Forces” was also recorded in Boz's Portugal studio and came about as spontaneously as the decision to work with a Viennese label...
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recor...-Parts/11K660000000?back=search.html?term=boz

Re: Boz Boorer releases new album 3 Sept - Some Of The Parts

Mr Boz Boorer, Morrissey's inimitable lead guitarist, musical director and co-writer, is bestowing another solo album on discerning purveyers of music to be released early next month. It's called Some Of The Parts and offers many interesting features:guitar::

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recor...-Parts/11K660000000?back=search.html?term=boz

I recieved today a e-mail from them annuncing the released of new Boz's solo album.
I've benn thinking to try to experiece Boorer solo works.

Back
Top Bottom