A reminder of how wonderful Morrissey is - RTE Interview 1984

Re: A reminder of how wonderful Morrissey is. RTE Interview 1984

giphy.gif

it's sooooo cute when he laughs. almost breaks your heart how cute it is.

I think it's so cute that, throughout, you can hear Mike Joyce in the background trying to get out of the wooden box Moz has him imprisoned in...

I think it's so cute that, throughout, you can hear Mike Joyce in the background trying to get out of the wooden box Moz has him imprisoned in...

He's working out how to sue him.

At least he could thump for his freedom in time. Nice fills too.

Bring back the old Morrissey , that giggled, gave good long answers and i think he said he was happy. The interviewer was funny and nice to him.

That knocking at the background is hilarious if you have some imagination

Haha, excellent!

Morrissey is still this good.

i dont frankly understand how he can say he likes the tragic aspect of oscar wildes life. i will admit of it having a certain poetic quality: being destroyed by the person you love, forgiving that person (while making such gorgeous statements as "you have to love the thing that ruins your life", or something like that), and taking up with him again in other lands, before succumbing to an all-too-soon death as a result of the tragedy that befell you and the irrevocable havoc it wreaked upon an exquisite temperament. but considering it happened to none other than oscar wilde i cant say i find it too cool. far better in my opinion would have been if he had lived in supreme comfort until old age, surrounded by all sorts of finery, written at least one more novel, and kicked to the curb that bosie cad. such a life may have robbed him of the realization of the nutritive functions of suffering and sorrow of which he wrote so eloquently in de profundis (and so persuasively that i have since come to almost relish any amount of suffering or sorrow that comes my way, and lament that it is never enough, that i am never permitted the full bloom of abect despair), and in that tremendous spirit of his, that spirit that was never petty or mean-minded despite everywrong having been done to him, but it's what i would have liked for dear oscar.

Back
Top Bottom