More cowbell on "Alsatian Cousin" from remastered "Viva Hate"?

A

Anonymous Bosch

Is it just my old ears hearing things, or do I now hear cowbell in "Alsatian Cousin"? If so, then give me the un-remastered version any day.

What a coincidence; I don't do discos.

No Discos? Bit like this site. They don't like Discos either. Death to Discos, they all shout, Death to Discos!

Farewell, Skylarker. Farewell Billy Scissors. Don't forget me, my massive appendage or my stripper friend. And if Jukebox Jury is still visiting these parts, I hope you are well.

Au revoir.

post-57388-1234997828.jpg

No Discos? Bit like this site. They don't like Discos either. Death to Discos, they all shout, Death to Discos!

Farewell, Skylarker. Farewell Billy Scissors. Don't forget me, my massive appendage or my stripper friend. And if Jukebox Jury is still visiting these parts, I hope you are well.

Au revoir.

post-57388-1234997828.jpg

You're gonna cut off your dick?

C'mon, man. Walk it back. Be cool. Don't leave, bro.

Stretch out and wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just my old ears hearing things, or do I now hear cowbell in "Alsatian Cousin"? If so, then give me the un-remastered version any day.

No, your ears aren't deceiving you, there is a cowbell in the remastered version. It's telling, though, that people are now actively straining to hear things in the remastered version that they hadn't heard in the original recording. If you pay attention, the cowbell is plainly audible on the 1988 version.

This just underscores the point that 'remastered' albums are no more than a pathetic attempt by music corporations and their employees (e.g. Morrissey) to afford their products a longer shelf-life.

No, your ears aren't deceiving you, there is a cowbell in the remastered version. It's telling, though, that people are now actively straining to hear things in the remastered version that they hadn't heard in the original recording. If you pay attention, the cowbell is plainly audible on the 1988 version.

This just underscores the point that 'remastered' albums are no more than a pathetic attempt by music corporations and their employees (e.g. Morrissey) to afford their products a longer shelf-life.

An instrumental subtlety that was barely audible previously and is now as clear as day underscores the superfluousness of remasters?

An instrumental subtlety that was barely audible previously and is now as clear as day underscores the superfluousness of remasters?

Yeah, it confused me too. We need lindsey1151 in here with her 120 IQ to break it down for us of inferior intellect...

You're probably right. I'll have to listen to it again. Thanks.

Amen.

Clearly heard from 0.21, I think the answer in this case is 'yes'

Last edited by a moderator:

No, the fact that fans feel moved to find differences between the two versions of the song (which turn out, in fact, to not exist) underscores the superfluousness of remasters. The cowbell is equally audible on both editions of the record.

Back
Top Bottom