Looking to see some old/rare moz/smiths tee - help

Hey I'm looking for a cool shirt to reproduce/a challenge. I have printed some smiths shirt for friends before, just singles cover, etc but I would love to find a cool older shirt graphic and reproduce it as identical as possible. I recently did this with a Sparks shirt that was selling for over $100 on ebay so I made some affordable ones for friends/my roommate. I replicated them perfectly... looking to see what you all would think would be a cool shirt to do? Im not trying to print that many tee's, this is more of a fun project for me to recreate old band tees that are otherwise big money on ebay.

something kind of this like could be cool, but I dont know a ton about smiths/moz shirts.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f7/f1/07/f7f1077e9e3a08cae4d8ada4265940f5.jpg

thanks in advance for everyones help.

This was the first Smiths shirt I ever owned. I got it in 92 I think. I wore it until it fell apart. I have been looking for another one like this. I have seen two on ebay that sold for like $90. If you make one like this, I will definitely buy one from you.
something kind of this like could be cool, but I dont know a ton about smiths/moz shirts.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f7/f1/07/f7f1077e9e3a08cae4d8ada4265940f5.jpg

This was the first Smiths shirt I ever owned. I got it in 92 I think. I wore it until it fell apart. I have been looking for another one like this. I have seen two on ebay that sold for like $90. If you make one like this, I will definitely buy one from you.

Yeah this is one I like A LOT and think I may do, but just wanted to see if there were any holy grails or anything.

I also love this one, although it is incredibly hideous.

http://product-images.highwire.com/11185544/dsc0652.jpg

Yeah this is one I like A LOT and think I may do, but just wanted to see if there were any holy grails or anything.

Probably the holy grail tee shirts would be the shirts that were designed by Barbara Taylor.

The first official band shirt that has The Smiths printed in black with a bunch of daffodils in yellow made available at gigs the latter part of 83
The second would be another Barbara Taylor design made available for their debut album tour which has The Smiths printed in Gray and red gladiola's.

Probably the holy grail tee shirts would be the shirts that were designed by Barbara Taylor.

The first official band shirt that has The Smiths printed in black with a bunch of daffodils in yellow made available at gigs the latter part of 83
The second would be another Barbara Taylor design made available for their debut album tour which has The Smiths printed in Gray and red gladiola's.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...14-11-14_at_8.24.44_AM_large.png?v=1439404549

Something similar to this?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind that didnt work...

Sorry, something wrong with the affiliate code and that Shopify URL. Using the image tag works:

Screen_shot_2014-11-14_at_8.24.44_AM_large.png

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...14-11-14_at_8.24.44_AM_large.png?v=1439404549

Something similar to this?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind that didnt work...

Hey I'm looking for a cool shirt to reproduce/a challenge. I have printed some smiths shirt for friends before, just singles cover, etc but I would love to find a cool older shirt graphic and reproduce it as identical as possible. I recently did this with a Sparks shirt that was selling for over $100 on ebay so I made some affordable ones for friends/my roommate. I replicated them perfectly... looking to see what you all would think would be a cool shirt to do? Im not trying to print that many tee's, this is more of a fun project for me to recreate old band tees that are otherwise big money on ebay.

This one is rare and desired. I had one back in the late 80s. Please do a good one, thanks (I will buy one!) Also the lollipop one in pink is very rare.

lollipop.jpg

Attachments

• type moz.jpg
    type moz.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Frankly, this is pretty(&)rare ~

5040828101_aa5957397d_o.jpg

~ and i own it thanks to the sterling dude above; elephant6ers, that is, not God.
{Although i suppose He is involved somehow, at the ultimate level...}

anyways, the piece is lovely in and of itself, but also lent a certain sad cachet in that it was one of the last times i can ever recall seeing SPM adorned with Smiths attire ~

4419957777_2655122b42_o.jpg

~ shot in October 1990 by Gino Sprio, at Hook End, during the recording of 'Kill Uncle'.

His only mistake was hoping, perhaps?

~ and i own it thanks to the sterling dude above; elephant6ers, that is, not God.

anyways, the piece is lovely in and of itself, but also lent a certain sad cachet in that it was one of the last times i can ever recall seeing SPM adorned with Smiths attire ~

~ shot in October 1990 by Gino Sprio, at Hook End, during the recording of 'Kill Uncle'.

Hey Joe, you were one of my favourite posters from the forum , that's why ! I m glad you enjoy collecting this shirt. It's freaking rare now huh...lol cheers

Wow!!! One of my favorite tunes as well. Do you think you could take some hi-res photos of your tee for me or even have someone scan it? I could glady send ya some $$$ to make it worth your time. What a beautiful piece!

Ha, I almost think the photo of the man wearing it would be a beautiful piece. A total piece in itself knowing the bit of trivia you dropped with the photo.

Back
Top Bottom