Bravado - TTY Feb 22. 2012

Raphael Lambach

Morrissey would ask that people do not buy any merchandise by the company Bravado, whether retail or online. Bravado do not have any legal right to sell Morrissey t-shirts, etc, but are doing so despite legal warnings that they must stop. Bravado do not account to Morrissey, and therefore keep 100% profit for themselves. Once again, Morrissey asks that Bravado be shunned by worldwide customers.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120221_01

Re: Bravado

Don't buy their shirts because I don't profit from it? :rolleyes:

I had never heard of them before, and now I've been on their website and searched around, and if I was inclined to buy that kind of merchandise then I'd have a new avenue to pursue. Just like the "f*** Morrissey solo" incident, and the thing about the fake blog, I can't see how Morrissey can think that giving these guys publicity will help his cause...

I had never heard of them before, and now I've been on their website and searched around, and if I was inclined to buy that kind of merchandise then I'd have a new avenue to pursue. Just like the "f*** Morrissey solo" incident, and the thing about the fake blog, I can't see how Morrissey can think that giving these guys publicity will help his cause...

Fake blog? I thought Morrissey only denied it so many times precisely to give it publicity. ;)

Me too. I didn't know anything about them. They're new to me. But they have some good items. Isn't it a temptation?

bravado is the merchandising arm of Universal Music Group. only an indie label i know but they have some reach.

1. You DON'T go around asking people to shun things.

2. I wonder how many things Morrissey has gotten away with he doesn't have the legal right to.

3. BRAvado. Their shirt is probably just GREAT, but I guess it's all about the money in the end. That's what this sounds like.

Last edited:

This was the same company that sold t shirts online during the 2009 tours, it's all the old tour stock no big deal surely, old t shirts and mp3 albums is that a huge problem? how much business can they be doing, selling shirts from a 3 year old tour?

Morrissey would ask that people do not buy any merchandise by the company Bravado, whether retail or online. Bravado do not have any legal right to sell Morrissey t-shirts, etc, but are doing so despite legal warnings that they must stop. Bravado do not account to Morrissey, and therefore keep 100% profit for themselves. Once again, Morrissey asks that Bravado be shunned by worldwide customers.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120221_01

This sounds reminiscent of the Hollywood Bowl DVD statement ,"Morrissey won't make a penny out of it so don't buy it". Hard to avoid a cynical response when there appears to be no other motivation than concerns of profit. If Morrissey wasn't a multi-millionaire then perhaps I could sympathise, but the reality dictates a feeling of one's intelligence being insulted at best.

I really hope he's talking in code.

You know how a dog takes a shit and as the poop leaves his butt it passes his scent glands which are located near his anus and a fine layer of scent is left on the shit? Then another dog walks up to the poop later on in the day and it looks like he's sniffing a pile of poop but really he's detecting the scent of the dog who left it?

Well I think of solo as a lot of shit that one can use their innate dog skills to detect the scent of the dog who left it, it;s like finding gold in a pile of shit. If this post on TTY isn't actually a thinly veiled communikay of gold hidden in the stinky shit of Morrissey being a money-grubbing twat, I will be sad.

I really hope he's talking in code.

You know how a dog takes a shit and as the poop leaves his butt it passes his scent glands which are located near his anus and a fine layer of scent is left on the shit? Then another dog walks up to the poop later on in the day and it looks like he's sniffing a pile of poop but really he's detecting the scent of the dog who left it?

Well I think of solo as a lot of shit that one can use their innate dog skills to detect the scent of the dog who left it, it;s like finding gold in a pile of shit. If this post on TTY isn't actually a thinly veiled communikay of gold hidden in the stinky shit of Morrissey being a money-grubbing twat, I will be sad.

Whether it's a simile, metaphor or synonym, I think the message was direct and without any dog odour.
He used to use semaphore but gave up after the flags were confiscated for political reasons.

119499325999446535semaphore_bravo.svg.med.png
1194993424273498311semaphore_sierra.svg.med.png

:D

I put the
sem_c.gif
sem_r.gif
sem_y.gif
in Magdalene. :D Or Maudlin I guess, technically.

Back
Top Bottom