David Bowie dies at 69

January 10 2016 - davidbowie.com. Link posted by GurgleJerk.
David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer. While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family’s privacy during their time of grief.

Also:
Legendary Artist David Bowie Dies at 69 - The Hollywood Reporter

300px-DavidBowie.png

UPDATE Jan. 11:

From @TorrHL / Twitter:

I complied a list of all the times that Morrissey mentions Bowie in "Autobiography." I also embedded five relevant videos.

Lots of interesting quotes in here. Enjoy.

Every time Morrissey mentions David Bowie in “Autobiography” - Torr / Tumblr

From the January 2014 article "Morrissey calls for end to David Bowie rivalry that was just 'high ribbing'" on Gigwise:

Ex-Smiths frontman Morrissey has said that he wants an end to his rivalry with fellow music icon David Bowie.

In a question and answer session on fansite truetoyou.net, Morrissey addressed the truth behind the rivalry calling it simply "ribbing".

"When I made the (2006) record Ringleader of the Tormentors," writes Morrissey, "the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks."

"I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticised David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: David Bowie has died

Yes it's true he'd been battling cancer for the last 18 months.
I wonder if Steven will give him a nod with a celebrity death file TTY statement ?
Or will Boz be demanding the re release of Bowie singing I know it's gonna happen, " never has a song been so fitting in such circumstances why aren't you releasing it ? I represent the band and Morrissey and it's our only chance of being number one "

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Re: David Bowie has died

Yes it's true he'd been battling cancer for the last 18 months.
I wonder if Steven will give him a nod with a celebrity death file TTY statement ?
Or will Boz be demanding the re release of Bowie singing I know it's gonna happen, " never has a song been so fitting in such circumstances why aren't you releasing it ? I represent the band and Morrissey and it's our only chance of being number one "

What a fitting eulogy from your good self. Not

Snotnosed. Junior high ribbing !
Is that a hint that David is going to get a celebrity death file TTY Statement ?

Good Bye David - your music really did change my life. What else can I say but Thank You.

There was barely a day when I didn't listen to him. There never will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP David Bowie

Can't believe it.

I just heard this very sad news.Rest in peace David.

My first thoughts were "He was a fascinating artist in 1970,71 and 72. But not anymore" (I paraphrase, from Importance of Being Morrissey)

I suspect that Johnny might say more positive things over the next few days than Moz.

Dave

My first thoughts were "He was a fascinating artist in 1970,71 and 72. But not anymore" (I paraphrase, from Importance of Being Morrissey)

I suspect that Johnny might say more positive things over the next few days than Moz.

Dave

Why again? It's about David Bowie right now, not about Moz.

He was the greatest, and will be sorely missed.
Last words on his last album: 'This is All I ever meant. That's the Message that I sent. I can't give everything Away.'

RIP David Bowie

The best.

RIP David.

Well, I don't think he knew that since he didn't want to work with Morrissey, so...

Anyways, RIP Lemmy

RIP

A wonderful songwriter

Sad but entirely predictable that a few on here try to point score over news like this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom