MORRISSEY Lipdub II fans' project (2012) : One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell (HD)

lgdq writes:

My name's Chris, I'm 45, I've been listening to the Smiths since 1986. With the rising of lipdubs everywhere, an idea that I found very interesting, I started to fancy on who could make a lipdub with a Morrissey song. So instead of fancying it, I did it.

The project was not intended to be a professional one. I'd never manipulated any special effects softwares before, none of us were actors, so this was just for fun. I hired friends, children, and of course Morrissey fans through the french Morrissey forum, and the result was a tremendous human adventure.

Since the beginning of the project, I didn't want to make a simple video with people dancing and dubbing. On the other hand it had to be a proper story, and this is what I imagined. Before the project, people asked me to built up make a trailer, and the result was pretty well received except for the first comment on Morrissey-Solo which was "This Is Shit", by Anonymous. This gave me strengh to go on.

The preview of the final lipdub in January 2011 was a great moment in my life. Contributors were really, really pleased with the result. The lipdub got an honest number of views on YouTube with more than 90% of positive feedback, and some people pressured me to do another one, which will be available this month.

So here are the links : please watch them in this order, with good sound, and in full screen (not in the small FB windows).

Trailer Lipdub #1
http://youtu.be/CWUsJJx0yY4?hd=1

Full Lipdub #1
http://youtu.be/TlNLOmEEHso?hd=1

Trailer Lipdub #2
http://youtu.be/u9L01PHXQp0?hd=1

To rightly understand the story behind this second lipdub, you preferably need to have seen the previous one available here http://youtu.be/TlNLOmEEHso?hd=1

As this short film was HD shot, it is therefore highly recommended to watch it full view in HD mode as well as in a high quality sound (preferably on YouTube and not on Facebook).

This project is nothing but professional : the actors are fans, friends and children. I do hope you will enjoy watching it as much as I imagined it, directed it and edited it to make it live on the web.

Please feel free to leave any comment – they will be my own reward. Thank you - Chris.

Take a 30 minutes break,
Switch of your cellphone,
Put blaster sound on,
Put video in full screen,
If necessary watch the Lipdub I to keep it in mind,
And watch the Lipdub II until its very last second,
If you enjoy it, write it (on YouTube if you can)

http://youtu.be/MPteRnAsyrg?hd=1

Related item:

Last edited:
Re: Article: MORRISSEY Lipdub II fans' project (2012) : One Day Goodbye Will Be Farew

Congratulations on a job well done... Excellante !

I started and I couldn't finish it. It's stupid. I don't get it. I don't understand why you want to do something so silly being a big fan of The Smiths/Morrissey as you declare. You could do something more interesting instead of beheaving like a teeneger.

Pointless. It serves no purpose what so ever, anyone can film people and place a Morrissey track over the top with some lipdub. Why oh why?

Re: Article: MORRISSEY Lipdub II fans' project (2012) : One Day Goodbye Will Be Farew

Stop moaning, it's a bit of fun; enjoy it! :))

I left my comment on YouTube.

Great job. It looked like so much fun to make. What a great testament to Morrissey's music that it can inspire projects like yours to come to fruition.

Well done.

pointless,meaningless,wasnt even acting,just a good camera,im pretty sure moz would vomit if he saw that..... cringe

While not a huge fan of lipdubs, I have to take my hat off. While admittedly serving no real purpose, it is quite a lovely piece of film, looked like great fun to make and may still inspire more people to listen to Morrissey( which can never be a bad thing ). If I had the talent or knowlege to do some thing similar, I would. So once again, congrats to Monsieur Neff.

I Think this is just entertainment. I had great time watching this. Music is great, girls are beautiful, the director had a lot of great ideas and the story isn't bad. So what else ? This is entertainment. Thanks for this little movie.

Pathetic work. Some people really have nothing to do with their lives !

Very good job, and very interesting -- ignore the ignorant people like SeymourButts and grant gauld as they are only jealous

Reading those first messages, I would like to thank very much those who have understood and enjoyed all this "a bit of fun". This is quite emotional to put online a project you've been spending so many hours on, between family life, job life, sport life,

As for the other ones, the "this is shit" supporters (I knew you would be here), I can understand that you may not be interested, and I respect this. No need to express your hate with unexpedited words, just... GO and that's all. Otherwise I would be really pleased to have a look at what YOU can DO on your own...

To answer, however to the interesting question of an Anonymous, the interest of this was the human adventure, the fun we had doing it, from the script to the editing, the link between this one and the previous short film.

We can have an argumentation about what's wrong concretetly in technic, why this could appear "boiteux" (the french name for "lame"), this is interesting. Other things are, where did I read that, "pointless"...

Last edited:

Reading those first messages, I would like to thank very much those who have understood and enjoyed all this "a bit of fun". This is quite emotional to put online a project you've been spending so many hours on, between family life, job life, sport life,

As for the other ones, the "this is shit" supporters (I knew you would be here), I can understand that you may not be interested, and I respect this. No need to express your hate with unexpedited words, just... GO and that's all. Otherwise I would be really pleased to have a look at what YOU can DO on your own...

To answer, however to the interesting question of an Anonymous, the interest of this was the human adventure, the fun we had doing it, from the script to the editing, the link between this one and the previous short film.

We can have an argumentation about what's wrong concretetly in technic, why this could appear "boiteux" (the french name for "lame"), this is interesting. Other things are, where did I read that, "pointless"...

^^^All of this^^^

Congrats on a fine finished product, and for having the gumption to get up and go and do it.

Peter

There were moments that made me smile.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom