Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Morrissey Statement - TTY

Anthony Burulcich, drummer from the Bravery

anthonyburulcich.jpg

Morrissey makes non-ridiculous public pronouncement shocker. Refreshing to see him get it right for once.

So it would seem that Eric Lewis Gardner, like Spike T. Smith before him, is not destined for the next post-contract lull album.

He's got some nerve to bang on about the sad state of "England outside London"; this is the man who fled Manchester for super-rich South Kensington and Primrose Hill as soon as was physically possible and then left England completely 15 years ago and never came back. The endless ranting about Royals and Jamie Horrible is beyond embarrassing. Ugh.

He's got some nerve to bang on about the sad state of "England outside London"; this is the man who fled Manchester for super-rich South Kensington and Primrose Hill as soon as was physically possible and then left England completely 15 years ago and never came back. The endless ranting about Royals and Jamie Horrible is beyond embarrassing. Ugh.

He's totally Jenny from the block, I think he's just making (don't shoot me Amy :o) symbolic points about the general extravagance of the populace going into zombie mode and enabling the royals. Maybe he's saying "Why are we giving a shit about them when there's so much f***ed up going on in the world of politics and suppressing the people."

Last edited:

He's totally Jenny from the block, I think he's just making (don't shoot me Amy :o) symbolic points about the general extravagance of the populace going into zombie mode and enabling the royals. Maybe he's saying "Why are we giving a shit about them when there's so much f***ed up going on in the world of politics and suppressing the people."

Aye! And - look dead! -this is on again today in Dublin city -

The displacement of pre-existing promotions to facilitate Olympic sponsers is discomfitting as this article explains.

Last edited by a moderator:

He could say that about anything. He could say that about pop music, about PETA, about footballer salaries, whatever. Instead he just picked the old, infected scab of his pet hate, the Royals, and launched into another venomous auto-pilot diatribe. He's a paranoid hypocrite. Nobody is watching the Olympics for the Royals; nobody is throttling the "free Press" so they can't say anything negative about the monarchy. He will simply take any opportunity to attack them, and it's as stale and boring now as it was 20 years ago.

Statement: 3 August 2012 - true-to-you.net

3 August 2012
The rich experience of our recent tour of Italy, Turkey, Israel and Greece has thankfully matched the terrific responses we had received in Asia and South America earlier this year - a year that, to my amazement, has become the most successful of my touring life. How, exactly? And why?
Once again, all I can offer is the sore throat of thanks to everyone who bought tickets and who supported us along the way.
The incredible audience reactions in Istanbul, Athens and Tel-Aviv have left me insensible, and were completely at odds with the common belief that the world of music is now dumb and sterile.

Nights of wine and roses:

1/ISTANBUL, Turkey (Cemil Topuzlu, 19 July)
2/ATHENS, Greece (Lycabettus Theater, 16 July)
3/TEL-AVIV, Israel (Bitan 1, 21 July)
4/EDINBURGH, Scotland (Usher Hall, 30 July)
5/MILAN, Italy (Teatro Degli Arcimboldi, 10 July)
6/ROME, Italy (Auditorium Parco Della Musica, 7 July)
7/MANCHESTER, England (Manchester Arena, 28 July)
8/GRADO, Italy (Diga Nazario Sauro, 13 July)
9/GENOA, Italy (Arena Del Mare, 8 July)
10/FLORENCE, Italy (Cavea Del Nuovo Teatro Dell'Opera, 11 July)

Our army marches into Boston soon, and here we begin a lengthy American tour. We are overjoyed at news of sell-outs at Radio City (New York), Chicago, San Francisco, Atlantic City, Niagara Falls, Asheville, North Bethesda, and we are close to sold out at Terminal 5 (New York), Lincoln NE, Beaumont TX. To continue to do so well, and to continue to mean something to so many people, brings a gratitude that I will never tire of repeating.
Thank you to the city of Tel-Aviv for granting me the Keys to their city. I just might die with a smile on my face, after all.
Thank you to drummer Eric Louis Gardner for guiding us through our recent tour. I am pleased to announce that our new drummer is Anthony Burulcich.

And, yet! I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? The "dazzling royals" have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. It is lethal to witness. As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances and economic disasters. Meanwhile the British media present 24-hour coverage of the "dazzling royals", laughing as they lavishly spend, as if such coverage is certain to make British society feel fully whole. In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.
As I recently drove through Greece I noticed repeated graffiti seemingly everywhere on every available wall. In large blue letters it said WAKE UP WAKE UP. It could almost have been written with the British public in mind, because although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain, the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. WAKE UP WAKE UP.

Please remember PETA's 32nd birthday on 21 August: destiny for some is to save lives.

undiminished,
with a heart that longs for light,

MORRISSEY, 3 August 2012.

Posted by mcrickson:

Anthony Burulcich, drummer from the Bravery

anthonyburulcich.jpg

UPDATE Aug 6:

Link posted by Iona Mink:

Morrissey attacks 'blustering jingoism' of Olympic Games - The Guardian
Singer claims London 2012 is more Germany in 1939, saying Britain is 'foul with patriotism'

Link posted by coxsparra:

'The spirit of 1939 Germany pervades through Britain': Angry Morrissey attacks patriotic response to Team GB Olympic success by comparing support to Nazism - The Daily Mail

UPDATE Aug. 7:

More media coverage:

London 2012: Morrissey attacks 'blustering jingoism' of the Olympics and compares atmosphere to Nazi Germany - The Independent

Olympics have made England 'foul with patriotism', says Morrissey, the most predictable provocateur in pop - The Telegraph

London 2012 Olympics: Morrissey compares Olympic atmosphere to Nazi Germany - London Evening Standard

He hates it when our team become successful - Channel 4 News. Link posted by Iona Mink.

Nation pretty sure Morrissey couldn’t get any Olympic tickets - News Thump (spoof). Link posted by PregnantForTheLastTime.

Billy Bragg puts his docs in - posted by CharlieFairhead.

Last edited by a moderator:

He could say that about anything. He could say that about pop music, about PETA, about footballer salaries, whatever. Instead he just picked the old, infected scab of his pet hate, the Royals, and launched into another venomous auto-pilot diatribe. He's a paranoid hypocrite. Nobody is watching the Olympics for the Royals; nobody is throttling the "free Press" so they can't say anything negative about the monarchy. He will simply take any opportunity to attack them, and it's as stale and boring now as it was 20 years ago.

Yeah. I guess it's a topic I can't fully empathize and theorize on being an American. Our press and coverage here is sickeningly patriotic about the Olympics with the constant medal count as we try to beat China, but we don't have that royal element. He makes it sound like they're on every channel and making a presence at all the events. I didn't grow up with royalty or in a house that felt suppressed by their presence. It's a strange concept in my brain to have contempt for a seemingly useless family of people who are literally enslaved by pomp and circumstance, I feel a tad sorry for them, actually. But they do "represent" a rule over the people, and Morrissey identifies himself with the people, so his stale boring rants are fresh to him every time he opens his eyes in the morning. You gotta give him that.

Nice personal thoughts on the first leg and now readying for the 2nd leg.

We await him with open arms and willing hearts!

See you in CA Moz~

i wish he had a decent website where he'd take to social commentary more often. he's just so right on.

looking forward to the fall tour!

Yeah. I guess it's a topic I can't fully empathize and theorize on being an American. Our press and coverage here is sickeningly patriotic about the Olympics with the constant medal count as we try to beat China, but we don't have that royal element. He makes it sound like they're on every channel and making a presence at all the events. I didn't grow up with royalty or in a house that felt suppressed by their presence. It's a strange concept in my brain to have contempt for a seemingly useless family of people who are literally enslaved by pomp and circumstance, I feel a tad sorry for them, actually. But they do "represent" a rule over the people, and Morrissey identifies himself with the people, so his stale boring rants are fresh to him every time he opens his eyes in the morning. You gotta give him that.

Agreed 100%.

I've never known anyone in my whole life as obsessed with the Royals as Morrissey. He sees their presence everywhere, in everything; he practically thrives on hating them. The ordinary person in the street doesn't give them a second glance, a second thought. They're just there, pointlessly and embarrassingly, but they aren't going to disappear any time soon and who's got the time to loathe them with the energy that Moz does? The papers here mock the Royals more than they ever "glorify" them; the Duke of Edinburgh for his racism, Harry for his absolute apathy, William for his balding, Charles because he talks to plants, Camilla because she isn't Diana and on and on and on. The Royal Family are a shambles which occasionally provides moments of comedy gold.

Agreed 100%.

The ordinary person in the street doesn't give them a second glance, a second thought.

doesn't that statement exemplify the problem? the masses immune to something as archaic and money-sucking as a royal family?

And still nothing on the horizon for Australia/NZ, I suppose he'll be announcing his tour of Uganda and the time traveling to super-continent Pangaea soon or something though.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_120804_01

And, yet! I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? The "dazzling royals" have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. It is lethal to witness. As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances and economic disasters. Meanwhile the British media present 24-hour coverage of the "dazzling royals", laughing as they lavishly spend, as if such coverage is certain to make British society feel fully whole. In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.
As I recently drove through Greece I noticed repeated graffiti seemingly everywhere on every available wall. In large blue letters it said WAKE UP WAKE UP. It could almost have been written with the British public in mind, because although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain, the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. WAKE UP WAKE UP.

tumblr_m8864h6KCH1r4aitj.gif

'I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? '

Brilliant.

doesn't that statement exemplify the problem? the masses immune to something as archaic and money-sucking as a royal family?

Do they take a lot of your money? Don't they have their own old money? I'm clueless about the royals. Are your taxes paying for their polo tourneys and palace water bill?

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

'I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? '

Brilliant.

I agree with this. The commentary has been nauseating to the point where I find it hard to watch with the volume on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom