TTY: Los Angeles Billboard

An anonymous person writes:

​Los Angeles Billboard​ - true-to-you.net

los_angeles_billboard.jpg

Photo by Sam Esty Rayner?

sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram:
The sky became mad with stars. Photo by me.
www.facebook.com/samphotog

sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram:
...Only gone and got my photography up on a billboard in LA.
Oh, and there's something about a Morrissey NYE concert or other.
www.facebook.com/samphotog
www.modelmayhem.com/758493

#morrissey #la #photooftheday #pic #photo

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
"...Only gone and got my photography up on a billboard in LA."

It's a nice picture, if Photoshopped - certainly better than his "music video." But this is truly sad braggadoccio. The 24-hour plumber's marketing agency can lay claim to same. What an "artistic pinnacle."

still don't care for the photo.. oh no! I must be turning into a 'BENNY' !

please.... kill me ...before it's too late. :)

I suppose we can all be too critical. It is too easy to slag off Moz for self-advertisement on his site. Then again he's entitled to post stuff like this, and if you take it in a spirit of 'fun' it's actually more palatable. It's like a 'what's new in the world of Moz' update.

The cynical/realistic part of my brain tells me that all the self-advertisement is a cry to potential record companies to "look at me, I'm still important to people, I still sell out concerts and am part of the cultural mindscape". The less cynical/un-jaded part of my brain tells me "what harm in posting news and images about yourself, better that than never updating the True to You site".

Me no like it when show picture of billboard and picture of Morrissey and say it is LA. Everyone know it that Morrissey "has a home in Switzerland for tax reasons" You see palm tree in background? That Switzerland.

Jurgen Von Scwzwitski-Serbia October 2015

Of all nights, New Year's Eve (one would think) would qualify as an "opening act" kind of night. It is interesting to ponder the question as to why he has moved away from this common concert practice?

A. He doesn't want to share the gate with another act.
B. He has had too many bad experiences with opening acts in the past.
C. He prefers to have his concerts end early so he can retreat to his hotel.
D. He doesn't want to compete for applause.

A si rewsna tcerroc ehT

Last edited:
There's an apostrophe in New Year's Eve.

He really is trying to help his nephew out, isn't he? It's not that this pic is horrible (it's average at best), but I've seen a number of better photos from the tour. The artwork overall for the billboard is just subpar. It'd be interesting to know who did it and why he's allowing for it.

Surely people have got better things to do on New Year's Eve than go and see a dinosaur performing the same old shit again and again with the added bonus of the performing monkey Ryanair running around with his I-phone camera.
Would'nt surprise me if he has security weighing people on the entrance, what a tw#t he's turned out to be ! Total fruitcake just like his chum Russell Braindamage.
He just cannot be taken seriously anymore ! Radio rental !
Bring on the hearse ffs.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Of all nights, New Year's Eve (one would think) would qualify as an "opening act" kind of night. It is interesting to ponder the question as to why he has moved away from this common concert practice?

A si rewsna tcerroc ehT

I have talked with various people who have opened for him and it is quite common that he doesn't pay the opening act anything.

They get to play live and sell merch. They pay for all their own expenses.

I'm not saying this is true for every act and I'm sure he gave KY money because they were friends but he could easily find people/bands to open for free if he wanted.

Unless we are talking about big name one-off special guests (eg Blondie, Tom Jones), then usually either the support band does it for free, or they actually pay a fee to the main act to let them play. I'm surprised Moz hasn't found a band he likes willing to pay him a few quid per night to play, as it would help with tour costs. Maybe it's just too much faff to be bothering with, and means the crew can get in and out even faster.

I have talked with various people who have opened for him and it is quite common that he doesn't pay the opening act anything.

They get to play live and sell merch. They pay for all their own expenses.

I'm not saying this is true for every act and I'm sure he gave KY money because they were friends but he could easily find people/bands to open for free if he wanted.

you mean to say that moz routinely exploits his fellow musicians? he wont even give them gas money?
is this the way a proper huma should behave?

Unless we are talking about big name one-off special guests (eg Blondie, Tom Jones), then usually either the support band does it for free, or they actually pay a fee to the main act to let them play. I'm surprised Moz hasn't found a band he likes willing to pay him a few quid per night to play, as it would help with tour costs. Maybe it's just too much faff to be bothering with, and means the crew can get in and out even faster.

promoter pays them not moz. moz is too tight with a quid.

Sure it's not the greatest phot but at least it's current and I love the font and the gold thing they have going.

A si rewsna tcerroc ehT

'B' more or less.. After 19 eighty.... no 'act' worth the salt really. And who are they there to see ? Not some second hand daylight of the REAL being.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom