Morrissey mentioned in Damien Dempsey Facebook post

LOL!

THE CANCER! sold a few more tickets at the London 02 but Bowie's banjaxed that Misery Lit Victim Script for Moz 4 evva! Even if it comes true in a totally mad, sad karmic circle kind of way. Damo is pretty fly, he did a Rebel Yell 1916 show at the Olympic here in Dublin the other night. I was meant to go but I pulled so....there we go...

best
BB
Talbot Street
Dublin
Ireland

Tina just posted this on her instagram amongst all her cats and sea pics. Take from that what you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
:( morrissey and cancer are two things that should not go together.

Last edited by a moderator:
morrissey should do a water fast, i recommend forty days, at least. water fasting has been known to have great healing benefits in cases of cancer, or in any case involving diseased or damaged tissues (throat cancer or precancerous cells seems to be exactly this type of case). because the first thing the body does once it goes into ketosis and is relying upon it's own stores for fuel is scavenge the body for any unnecessary or damaged tissues, these involve growths, tumours, cysts, fatty deposits, wounds, diseases of the connective tissue, and various other abnormal or degenerative tissues. from my own experience, a small cyst in my earlobe that i had had for 2 years completely disappeared after a 17 day fast. and i know if i had cancer that's the first thing i would do (except in the case of liver cancer, in which for some reason fasting is contraindicated). since the 20th century advances in medical technology we've stopped viewing our bodies as our own, but rather as medical bodies that need outward help, outward intervention to stop them from turning against us. our bodies are not against us. they want to heal, you just have to let them. but when you never give the organs a rest, when all of the body's energies go to the constant task of digesting food, there's just no way they can do that. like any machine, the body requires maintainance, and for the body that comes in the form of fasting. in my opinion, whether or not a fast can heal something is not a question of 'if', but a question of 'when'. just becaues a 30 day fast doesnt heal something doesnt mean a fifty day fast wont, since the body has it's own priorities.

morrissey should do a water fast, i recommend forty days, at least. water fasting has been known to have great healing benefits in cases of cancer, or in any case involving diseased or damaged tissues (throat cancer or precancerous cells seems to be exactly this type of case). because the first thing the body does once it goes into ketosis and is relying upon it's own stores for fuel is scavenge the body for any unnecessary or damaged tissues, these involve growths, tumours, cysts, fatty deposits, wounds, diseases of the connective tissue, and various other abnormal or degenerative tissues. from my own experience, a small cyst in my earlobe that i had had for 2 years completely disappeared after a 17 day fast. and i know if i had cancer that's the first thing i would do (except in the case of liver cancer, in which for some reason fasting is contraindicated). since the 20th century advances in medical technology we've stopped viewing our bodies as our own, but rather as medical bodies that need outward help, outward intervention to stop them from turning against us. our bodies are not against us. they want to heal, you just have to let them. but when you never give the organs a rest, when all of the body's energies go to the constant task of digesting food, there's just no way they can do that. like any machine, the body requires maintainance, and for the body that comes in the form of fasting. in my opinion, whether or not a fast can heal something is not a question of 'if', but a question of 'when'. just becaues a 30 day fast doesnt heal something doesnt mean a fifty day fast wont, since the body has it's own priorities.

Unscientific f***ing BULLSHIT. Please point us to the peer-reviewed papers where this dangerous nonsense is validated please. You genuinely don't have a clue what you are talking about. None.

Once again, you are a f***ing idiot.

hahahah oh my god, you're actually so angry about it. i have every clue what im talking about. what exactly do YOU know about it to reject it with such hilarious vehemence? :lbf:

Last edited:
can you at least tell me what you perceive the harm to be so that i can swiftly tell you why you are wrong? otherwise i have nothing to go on.

or are you back to having me on ignore? in the future can you and calamine lotion please kindly keep your word when you say you're putting me on ignore? thanks.

Unscientific f***ing BULLSHIT. Please point us to the peer-reviewed papers where this dangerous nonsense is validated please. You genuinely don't have a clue what you are talking about. None.

Once again, you are a f***ing idiot.

I can only imagine what this peer-review of yours looks like Skinny. I picture a band of red-faced sycophants with wet asses.

hahahah oh my god, you're actually so angry about it. i have every clue what im talking about. what exactly do YOU know about it to reject it with such hilarious vehemence? :lbf:

Don't worry, this gentleman's way with speaking to visitors to here has already been mentioned... a lot. It's very sad, but has become a part of what you should expect on this website.

Whether your advice is good or not is another thing. However, the way you were addressed is regrettable.

Funnily enough, I fail to recall some of the most abusive anti-Morrissey posts from people (even mocking the cancer diagnosis) receiving such ire.

Don't worry, this gentleman's way with speaking to visitors to here has already been mentioned... a lot. It's very sad, but has become a part of what you should expect on this website.

Whether your advice is good or not is another thing. However, the way you were addressed is regrettable.

Funnily enough, I fail to recall some of the most abusive anti-Morrissey posts from people (even mocking the cancer diagnosis) receiving such ire.

No f***er cancer diagnosis. A f***en heightened risk for getting cancer because of his barrets. Jesus!

yes, well i would probably find his unwarranted hostility a bit jarring if i didnt have to deal with such a thing on a daily basis anyway, and if i didnt know that such people are generally ineffective in life. so instead i just find it unfortunate. for him. "poor soul", as my grandma would say, with pity.

that's appalling that anyone would mock someones cancer. what kind of impoverished character would do that? im glad i wasnt around then.

you seem nice, at least!

Nope. You're talking complete bullshit, and you will never be able to produce a shred of evidence for any of it because it's all total bullshit. Made up nonsense, and you're saying it like it's the truth. I bet you think homoeopathy's real too. Again - you seriously don't know what you're talking about - or - let me rephrase that - you DO know what you're talking about - it's just all made up bollocks with no evidence to back up a single word of it. And I don't need to provide any evidence here - you're the one making these claims. not me. Jesus. You are utterly mental.

Nope. You're talking complete bullshit, and you will never be able to produce a shred of evidence for any of it because it's all total bullshit. Made up nonsense, and you're saying it like it's the truth. I bet you think homoeopathy's real too. Again - you seriously don't know what you're talking about - or - let me rephrase that - you DO know what you're talking about - it's just all made up bollocks with no evidence to back up a single word of it. And I don't need to provide any evidence here - you're the one making these claims. not me. Jesus. You are utterly mental.

Oh for f***s sake Skinny. How can you speak so crass to someone so fantastic.

actually you are making claims: you'd said fasting was dangerous and that my info was made up. the burden of proof is on you as much as it is on me.

i dont think the medical community has much interest in promoting fasting, frankly. after all, what profit is to be made off of people realizing they have the power to heal themselves? that doesnt mean many incredibly knowledgeable health professionals dont think it's a worthwhile thing to do. and scientific studies have been done on fasting, but mostly on the effects of fasting in animals (im sure i could find studies done on humans if i could be bothered to look). one study that i remember in particular was done on worms where the outcome was that the fasted worms outlived the fed worms by 3 times the life span and retained their youthful features up until the end of their lives (what's not to like about that?). another where the iron in the liver of fasted cows was at the end of the fast double that of the iron in the liver of fed cows. there have been many i have read over the years, because i have been interested in fasting, and been practicing it myself (though never longer than 3 weeks), for years.

this is not new age nonsense if that's what you're trying to make it out to be. what's the first thing a sick or injured animal does? it fasts. surely an animals own instincts wouldnt be against it? surely they're not refusing food because they want to endanger themselves further?

if you're thinking ketosis is dangerous perhaps you're basing this on ketosis based diets like atkins, in which case yes, it is dangerous, because the digestive system in those diets is still being heavily worked upon. it is absolutely vital to shut down the digestive system to ensure a succesful ketosis. one of the great benefits of shutting down the digestive system is that around 30% of the body's energy which is normally reserved for digesting food is now freed up to attend to other things like healing the body. this is why water fasting is much more effective than juice fasting. also because when in total ketosis the body suddenly has access to it's stores that it wouldnt have access to otherwise, and the body generally has an ample supply of all the vitamins and minerals (with a few exceptions like vitamin c and b12) it needs stored within it. fasting becomes dangerous only when a person doesnt listen to their body's clues. the body has an amazing way of telling you when to stop your fast: after going into ketosis, usually around the 3rd day, the tongue becomes coated with a white film--the toxins which are being released--when you have fasted to completion, your tongue becomes clear again. this is how you know when to quit your fast, and a fast should never be taken beyond this point.

there has been myriad anecdotal evidence of the miraculous benefits of fasting, backed up by doctors or not. on the other hand, i have never come across one story where fasting has had any ill effects whatsoever on a person (so long as they fasted correctly, because fasting can certainly be dangerous if: you take any amount of nutrients on a fast; you take medication on a fast; you break the fast the wrong way--which could lead to a heart attack; you fast beyond completion--as indicated by the tongue and the return of what is called 'true hunger'). there's a woman on youtube who did three consecutive 40 day fasts, with about a week of eating in between each one. i think we can agree that that is pretty extreme. and yet she didnt seem to experience any ill effects whatsoever, and said that after her fast everything checked out medically. and in the post fast update, where she has put on some weight (she became extremely emaciated from the fasting) she looks about 10 years younger than when she started the fasts and seems to have so much more energy.

why would i or anyone else make this up? for what purpose would people go around disseminating made up information? the last thing i would want to do is give false hope to anyone.

why would i or anyone else make this up? for what purpose would people go around disseminating made up information? the last thing i would want to do is give false hope to anyone.

I have a doubt about fasting: how do you cope with hunger? I feel like I'm going to faint if I don't eat. Any trick?

actually you are making claims: you'd said fasting was dangerous and that my info was made up. the burden of proof is on you as much as it is on me.

i dont think the medical community has much interest in promoting fasting, frankly. after all, what profit is to be made off of people realizing they have the power to heal themselves? that doesnt mean many incredibly knowledgeable health professionals dont think it's a worthwhile thing to do. and scientific studies have been done on fasting, but mostly on the effects of fasting in animals (im sure i could find studies done on humans if i could be bothered to look). one study that i remember in particular was done on worms where the outcome was that the fasted worms outlived the fed worms by 3 times the life span and retained their youthful features up until the end of their lives (what's not to like about that?). another where the iron in the liver of fasted cows was at the end of the fast double that of the iron in the liver of fed cows. there have been many i have read over the years, because i have been interested in fasting, and been practicing it myself (though never longer than 3 weeks), for years.

this is not new age nonsense if that's what you're trying to make it out to be. what's the first thing a sick or injured animal does? it fasts. surely an animals own instincts wouldnt be against it? surely they're not refusing food because they want to endanger themselves further?

if you're thinking ketosis is dangerous perhaps you're basing this on ketosis based diets like atkins, in which case yes, it is dangerous, because the digestive system in those diets is still being heavily worked upon. it is absolutely vital to shut down the digestive system to ensure a succesful ketosis. one of the great benefits of shutting down the digestive system is that around 30% of the body's energy which is normally reserved for digesting food is now freed up to attend to other things like healing the body. this is why water fasting is much more effective than juice fasting. also because when in total ketosis the body suddenly has access to it's stores that it wouldnt have access to otherwise, and the body generally has an ample supply of all the vitamins and minerals (with a few exceptions like vitamin c and b12) it needs stored within it. fasting becomes dangerous only when a person doesnt listen to their body's clues. the body has an amazing way of telling you when to stop your fast: after going into ketosis, usually around the 3rd day, the tongue becomes coated with a white film--the toxins which are being released--when you have fasted to completion, your tongue becomes clear again. this is how you know when to quit your fast, and a fast should never be taken beyond this point.

there has been myriad anecdotal evidence of the miraculous benefits of fasting, backed up by doctors or not. on the other hand, i have never come across one story where fasting has had any ill effects whatsoever on a person (so long as they fasted correctly, because fasting can certainly be dangerous if: you take any amount of nutrients on a fast; you take medication on a fast; you break the fast the wrong way--which could lead to a heart attack; you fast beyond completion--as indicated by the tongue and the return of what is called 'true hunger'). there's a woman on youtube who did three consecutive 40 day fasts, with about a week of eating in between each one. i think we can agree that that is pretty extreme. and yet she didnt seem to experience any ill effects whatsoever, and said that after her fast everything checked out medically. and in the post fast update, where she has put on some weight (she became extremely emaciated from the fasting) she looks about 10 years younger than when she started the fasts and seems to have so much more energy.

1) You really are a dumb f***. I was responding to YOUR claims, you idiot. Are you so thick you can't see that? Actually, forget that - you are.

2) Spouting all the pseudo-scientific sounding bollocks you do doesn't make anything true. It's all bollocks. Unsubstantiated bollocks.

3) Don't worry about giving false hope to anyone. Only a raving lunatic would believe anything you tried to put across.

4) I repeat - you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. Bale out now, before, if it were at all possible, you make yourself a bigger fool by lobbing words about and believing any old shit 'because it's on Youtube'

I have a doubt about fasting: how do you cope with hunger? I feel like I'm going to faint if I don't eat. Any trick?
learn to love your hunger, that's the trick :D

personally, i love the feeling of hunger (you woudnt guess it when im stuffing my face compulsively with cake. but like i've said before i'm very all or nothing). hunger takes some getting used to, but once you get used to it, once you accept that this is the way you're going to feel, and stop trying to resist it, you come to enjoy it. at least i do. but then im the perverse sort of person who enjoys being sick, and hunger, especially for the first 3 days, has always felt to me like having a fever, that consuming, burning, purifying feeling.
the hunger does eventually lessen, usually after about day ten (which is, paradoxically, usually when i cave in and eat again, because that feeling that has been the constant reminder of my fast and the effectiveness of it, has gone away, and so, wanting to feel something, i eat, for the instant gratification of it. if only the hunger would stay with me as a constant, i probably wouldnt break the fast). or, if it doesnt get better, it at least never gets worse. i think people think "if this is how hungry i am on day 1, imagine how hungry im going to be on day 5", and get discouraged. but it doesnt work like that, it really doesnt get worse. and one thing that has been helpful to remind myself of is that being hungry is not like being on fire--you dont have to do anything about it. i sometimes do feel like im going to faint, but i never have. it's just a feeling and it passes. unless you are the type who is prone to fainting, then perhaps you should only fast at a time when you can assure yourself complete rest. i myself have always able to work or walk for an hour a day while fasting with no problems (though my moods do tend to go up and down from feeling like a boddhisattva to feeling like utter shit :p )

Tags
damien dempsey letter nose poem

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom