Johnny Marr announces UK tour Mar 2013

Bluebirds

http://www.facebook.com/JohnyMarrOfficial?refid=54

Kicking off in Oxford Mar 10th, finishing in Manchester 22nd.

Tix on sale this Friday

March 2013

O2 Academy, Oxford – 10 March

Waterfront, Norwich – 11 March

Junction, Cambridge – 12 March

Concorde, Brighton – 14 March

O2 Shepherds Bush Empire – 15 March

HMV Institute, Birmingham – 16 March

Leadmill, Sheffield – 18 March

ABC, Glasgow – March 19

O2 Academy, Liverpool – 20 March

HMV Ritz, Manchester – 22 March

Last edited:
No Leeds? :straightface:
Leadmill for me then.

Pre-sale on now from 9am this morning.

The bundle is a rip-off to sell more tickets, though - I'll wait for Friday.

Or maybe the bundle isn't a rip off - nearly £25 for a single ticket? Bloody hell Johnny, the Healers shows last year were £7!!!! :squiffy:

Or maybe the bundle isn't a rip off - nearly £25 for a single ticket? Bloody hell Johnny, the Healers shows last year were £7!!!! :squiffy:

I suspect there will be a warm up show between now and the first date. JM recently said on twitter that he enjoyed the N&D and DI gigs.

I suspect there will be a warm up show between now and the first date. JM recently said on twitter that he enjoyed the N&D and DI gigs.

But why charge 4 times the price for the same show, just because one is a warm up? Johnny doesn't have the kind of fanbase to command £25 per ticket - he's trading on nostalgia. Hell, even Moz only charges £35-40!

But why charge 4 times the price for the same show, just because one is a warm up? Johnny doesn't have the kind of fanbase to command £25 per ticket - he's trading on nostalgia. Hell, even Moz only charges £35-40!

Amy, it's an invitation to treat. If you think ticket price is too expensive, you don't have to buy it.

Amy, it's an invitation to treat. If you think ticket price is too expensive, you don't have to buy it.

I'll listen to the full album before I buy any tickets, I think.

I'll listen to the full album before I buy any tickets, I think.

Last year's two gigs at Deaf Institute and 2013 UK tour are totally different.

Johnny and crew will travel around the country. They have to add overheads to ticket price.

I wouldn't pay anything to see a Johnny Marr show. In my opinion a Smiths song is a Morrissey song with a different backing group. BUT if you think someone can travel around and play for £7 a show at these small venues you are really out of touch. The only people that might do that are beginners with nothing to lose. If his ticket prices are running about 2/3 of what Morrissey asks I'd say he's doing really well. Most people don't tend to want to hear the guitar as much as the vocals, and while he is quite technically advanced a lot of his expertise is in recording multiple parts. You're not going to hear him sound like a Smiths record and he's not the type of instrumental guitarist that people go see. Basically it's a person playing pop songs without a frontman. Most of you want to hear him play things he recorded more than two decades ago, and will probably accidentally get excited when one of his newer songs fools you into thinking it's Hand In Glove or something.
The fact it's being discussed here in Morrissey news really says it all.

Last year's two gigs at Deaf Institute and 2013 UK tour are totally different.

Johnny and crew will travel around the country. They have to add overheads to ticket price.

You mean his record label are making him hike the price, or there won't be enough profit to go round.

You mean his record label are making him hike the price, or there won't be enough profit to go round.

I don't know how they price the concert ticket, but surely they add some overheads in order to make profit.

It's not that £20 + booking fees is expensive for a gig ticket, more like the £7 for the couple of Manchester shows last year was ridiculously f***ing cheap, which is probably why they sold out the same day they went on sale. 3 songs from the new Marr album have been released for media play already, and it's a given he's bound to play at least a couple of Smiths songs. If you still don't think it's worth it, don't f***ing go - no one's forcing you to. Christ- some poeple round here will moan at anything.

Back
Top Bottom