RIP Whitney Houston

Morrissey on Whitney Houston: "I hate all those records in the Top 40 -- Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston. I think they're vile in the extreme. In essence this music doesn't say anything whatsoever. I don't think there's any time any more to be subtle about anything. You have to get straight to the point. Obviously, to get on Top of the Pops these days one has to be, by law, black."

It's too bad Morrissey had to play the race card, but other than that I agree that Whitney Houston's music was mostly vile and didn't say anything. But, apparently she made a lot of people happy, so that's something.

An officer at work who likes to rag at me for being a vegetarian claimed she died from not eating meat.
It turns out [though he didn't know either] Ms. Houston was indeed a vegetarian and went to a vegetarian rehab at some point.
Though it didn't work either. Steven Tyler also went to a vegan rehab. [and he likes birds. yay. I love "ruining" the image of Tyler at least.]
Stranger still for me was reading Robert Smith of the cure on a list of famous vegetarians.
He so isn't? I thought that's why Moz didn't like him.
Sure I found an interview of Smith claiming he was but he also lied and said he owned a dairy farm because he liked milk.

I had nothing against Whitney.
I guess marrying Bobby Brown was bad for her.
Was it wrong all I could think was "Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and mike... if I like a girl who cares you like" admist all the Bobby Brown broke down crying during a concert.

That and where is the Ashton Kutcher tweet? he used to ALWAYS tweet when another celeb died.

Morrissey on Whitney Houston: "I hate all those records in the Top 40 -- Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston. I think they're vile in the extreme. In essence this music doesn't say anything whatsoever. I don't think there's any time any more to be subtle about anything. You have to get straight to the point. Obviously, to get on Top of the Pops these days one has to be, by law, black."

It's too bad Morrissey had to play the race card, but other than that I agree that Whitney Houston's music was mostly vile and didn't say anything. But, apparently she made a lot of people happy, so that's something.

More proof that Moz is indeed racist and that is something he has the right to be if his views on the world is based on personal experiences which I am sure they are. Having said that I think people are labelled racist very unfairly these days as at the same time many that truly are racist get away with it.

For me being racist means a person of a particular race wants to erase all other races on the planet and not just in their own country. Somehow I feel no-one will live up to that and so in the end it is all down to personal preferences as is the case with your sexuality. Cannot love them all...

What Moz meant with someone having to be black to get onto Top of the pops was that we have had periods in our history when a particular race has been in favour of others. In Sweden white people are not protected by the discrimination laws and therefor non-whites can abuse a person for being white without getting punished for it whereas any other colour than the white one is protected from any sort of abuse relating to the colour of their skin.

Moz's remarks of old were true then but in recent years it has been white people singing black music as in the case of Amy Winehouse to name just one. I believe in what swedish artist Alexander Bard said on racism. He said that it is the people never talking about racism that are racist and the people who go to Thailand on holiday who do so to use the fact that their economy and living standard is worse than in the tourists homeland.

I am the victim of racism as a white man every time I go out and face the evil eye from muslims who obviously see me as a threat and someone they want to kill. In September a muslim man backed his car into my car deliberately as he thought the parking space was his and not mine and we had to call the police as he got violent towards me and my girlfriend in the car park. I felt sorry for his passenger who had just arrived to Sweden from Iraq and perhaps thought to himself that Sweden may not be more peaceful than the middle east after all.

This man got to pay for his crime big time as two tall white swedish policemen came to the scene and they were not impressed with his actions at all. This was the second car crash I had been involved with and both times it was muslims who tried to use violence and threats to solve the fact that they had acted wrongly.

My view on other races is based on personal experiences and what goes on in my daily life but I still manage to realise they cannot all be the same even though their actions tell me they are.

Last edited:
An officer at work who likes to rag at me for being a vegetarian claimed she died from not eating meat.
It turns out [though he didn't know either] Ms. Houston was indeed a vegetarian and went to a vegetarian rehab at some point.
Though it didn't work either. Steven Tyler also went to a vegan rehab. [and he likes birds. yay. I love "ruining" the image of Tyler at least.]
Stranger still for me was reading Robert Smith of the cure on a list of famous vegetarians.
Sure I found an interview of Smith claiming he was but he also lied and said he owned a dairy farm because he liked milk.

Was it wrong all I could think was "Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and mike... if I like a girl who cares you like" admist all the Bobby Brown broke down crying during a concert.

That and where is the Ashton Kutcher tweet? he used to ALWAYS tweet when another celeb died.

Most drug rehab places, as well as groups like AA, are like cults, so it's no surprise some of them are vegan and no surprise the one Houston went to didn't save her.

Not sure why there's this rush to blame Bobby Brown. They always wanna look for a man to blame, I guess. For all I know, she sucked Bobby Brown into drugs instead of the other way around. Anyway, not sure what happened, but I see she was surrounded by an entourage in in her last couple days in Hollywood. Supposedly they were looking after her, protecting her, etc. I'm sure they told her that as they leeched off her. We'll find out more soon enough. Will be interesting to see what creeps were helping her kill herself.

Vegetarian rehab? Is it full of group therapy sessions where participants talk about the first time they had a vegetarian meal? Are meat products slowly reintroduced into their diets? A bit of beef stock one day, shredded chicken the next? Do they start off with fish because fish have no feeling?

I can just imagine being sent to meditate with a tape of Jamie Oliver talking about burgers that are 'pukka' and 'well wicked'.

Last edited:
"Learning to love is the greatest love of all." Says something and gets to the point! Only 48?? Way too close to home. Hollywood is in shock at present. The Grammys tonight? A memorial funeral service. Whitney Houston gone? Not possible....

"Learning to love is the greatest love of all." Says something and gets to the point! Only 48?? Way too close to home. Hollywood is in shock at present. The Grammys tonight? A memorial funeral service. Whitney Houston gone? Not possible....

It's not a shock.

"Learning to love [yourself] is the greatest love of all." Says something and gets to the point!

Heh:

EDIT: Oh I guess you can't embed that clip from American Psycho where Patrick Bateman describes his love of that song. Check it out here.

But if you like that song, you might find the version George Benson recorded before Whitney Houston's svengali gave it to her to be a little more tasteful:

And you should credit Linda Creed for the lyrics. She wrote the words while she was battling cancer. After seeing some bits of the Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston reality program, I'd be surprised if she wrote any of her songs, or certainly not without a lot of help.

Only 48?? Way too close to home. Hollywood is in shock at present. The Grammys tonight? A memorial funeral service. Whitney Houston gone? Not possible....

Why would anyone be shocked by her death? Some of the pictures we've seen of her over the last decade make me wonder how she made it to 48.

As far as what Morrissey said about her, he was really talking about how the record industry was shoving massive amounts of that brand of slick pop music down the worlds' throats to the exclusion of virtually everything else. You couldn't just log on to the internet to find something else. You had to really go out of your way. And artists were much more dependent upon the record industry getting them airplay.

I don't think Morrissey's correct to bring up race the way he did. I just watched an old Diane Sawyer interview of Whitney Houston and it shows footage of Whitney being booed at the 1989 Soul Train Awards because the audience felt she was a sell-out for letting the record executives make her "too white".

Whitney Houston did have a nice voice. But her influence seems to have been all these female singers with good vocal cords who over-sing crappy pop songs handed to them by record executives, and who relentlessly assault us with their vocal gymnastics. It's no wonder that Simon Cowell was all over CNN last night raving over Whitney and her svengali, Clive Davis. I can imagine a much better Whitney Houston music career if those people had never made her into their mega-star product, and she may not have died so young either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christian the Lion - I Will Always Love You

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce Springsteen opens the Grammy awards with the words "America are you alive out there". I guess he could have chosen better words on the night.

A Fond Memory of Whitney Houston. It's 1992-3, summertime concert shows at Humphries By the Bay, San Diego. While at work there, up there on the balcony are the stars of tonight's show, Dione Warwick and Whitney Houston.. Smoking and enjoying a drink and smiling and laughing and living! As we approached them, I said, "hi, but were not to ask for autographs"! Whitney smiled at me and said, I love you already." Will not forget your smile and kindness to me Whitney... You too Dione....

Morrissey is not a racist. But nice try, as always.

He's worse!

He is someone who is afraid to admit it as his economy hangs on selling his music and shows to people of another race than his own. Those people are the true racists. It is funny that his comments truly shows he is a racist and his lyrics but people who are fans of him and his music will never want to see or hear the truth unless they agree with his racist views which a lot of people do especially in the UK. He even used some of them in a video.

She drowned in the bath tub after falling asleep so this was a natural death so to speak.

Natural? Are bath tubs a common sight in nature? I've seen them spring up overnight in the gardens of poor people on estates (usually with the remains of a front door and a split binbag inside) so maybe they are a naturally occuring phenomenon...

He's worse!

He is someone who is afraid to admit it as his economy hangs on selling his music and shows to people of another race than his own. Those people are the true racists. It is funny that his comments truly shows he is a racist and his lyrics but people who are fans of him and his music will never want to see or hear the truth unless they agree with his racist views which a lot of people do especially in the UK. He even used some of them in a video.

"I abhor racism and oppression or cruelty of any kind and will not let this pass without being absolutely clear and emphatic with regard to what my position is.

Racism is beyond common sense and I believe it has no place in our society".

MORRISSEY, 2007

Guardian

Natural? Are bath tubs a common sight in nature? I've seen them spring up overnight in the gardens of poor people on estates (usually with the remains of a front door and a split binbag inside) so maybe they are a naturally occuring phenomenon...
I used to sleepwalk,especially after a few.I woke up one morning in the bathtub at my sister's.

My brother was the same.He'd get up in the middle of the night and piss in the wardrobe.

Last edited:
I used to sleepwalk,especially after a few.I woke up one morning in the bathtub at my sister's.

My brother was the same.He'd get up in the middle of the night and piss in the wardrobe.

The old "sleepwalking" excuse, eh?
Pissing in a wardrobe is nothing! I once shat in .... never mind!

Yeah i'm sure Morrissey is a closet racist. I don't think he would ever come out (much less any musician) and say it knowing that his fanbase would flatline. He hates black music (Rap, R&B, Jazz) and I don't know of any black musicians he has actually been vocal about it.

Back
Top Bottom