Morrissey comment on TTY about the Hollywood Bowl DVD!

mell

loves moz
Just saw this posted on TTY!!!!!
:tears: I feel torn!!!

Message from Morrissey

14 August 2008

MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY.

The slapdash release of Morrissey live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager. Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this dvd will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere.
thank you, MORRISSEY.

mell thanks for posting :) i can`t believe warner is going to release this dvd without his permission,the cover is horrible, but what the hell i`m buying it......sorry moz :D

Lovely, now I won't feel bad about not buying it in favor of this:

2u5alih.jpg

Am I naive? Cos seriously, I don't understand how he could not get royalties on this, since he wrote (and sang) the songs on there.
Could someone s'plain it?

Let's but one copy, upload it, then disperse it on here. A way to stick it to them :cool:

I'm not buying. f*** Warner.

Um..morrissey, use your lawyers to get things straightened out...because according to your story, you have a case.

Because most of us are buying, unless i can find a free high quality download of the DVD. perhaps you can open a website and offer a free DVD quality download of this or another concert.

And i think the cover is fine. Could it be Morrissey read comments here that many were complaining about it? Because if you think this cover is bad, lets not forget all those terrible YATQ single covers. Yikes.

Let's but one copy, upload it, then disperse it on here. A way to stick it to them :cool:

I'm not buying. f*** Warner.

As long as people will upload the full quality.

But Warner may sue this site if there is actual movement to share illegal high quality file of this dvd.

I'll be looking for it on torrent sites

I have to agree with him that the cover is ridiculous. Awful photo of him.
Pretty much ANY photo I took of Morrissey is better than this.

But unfortunately, I cannot not buy it.

Just saw this posted on TTY!!!!!
:tears: I feel torn!!!

Message from Morrissey

14 August 2008

MESSAGE FROM MORRISSEY.

The slapdash release of Morrissey live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager. Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this dvd will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere.
thank you, MORRISSEY.

By memory so if corrections are needed let me know.

Dr Melfi: I am having some major moral dilemmas with what you are telling me here.
Tony Soprano: Un gotz with your dilemma

Yeah... I will probably be buying Hollywood Bowl. Lets see Morrissey wanted me to buy Greatest Hits which he blamed Decca for not promoting when we all know you can cover dogshit with sugar all day but at the end of that day it is still dogshit. On the other hand Morrissey does NOT want me to buy Hollywood Bowl because he had no say in the cover art and didn't give his full release.

I say bullshit. He is crying because he signed his name without reading the terms of the camera crew and or venue contract fine print. I for one am anxious to see this DVD release.

He says this about EVERYTHING.

ha! :D

actually this is one of those times when *one* should either accept a burned copy, try to download it, or just shoplift it. Respect Morrissey's wishes and watch your video.

There were signs all over saying it was being recorded for release, and I felt, personally that he had that in mind during the performance. He was extra nice, and the show was extra long, but maybe that was just because it was an event. I can remember it like I was there right now, and whatever the problem is, it should be worked out. How can he not be paid for it? He must have signed something and been paid already?

By memory so if corrections are needed let me know.

Dr Melfi: I am having some major moral dilemmas with what you are telling me here.
Tony Soprano: Un gotz with your dilemma

Yeah... I will probably be buying Hollywood Bowl. Lets see Morrissey wanted me to buy Greatest Hits which he blamed Decca for not promoting when we all know you can cover dogshit with sugar all day but at the end of that day it is still dogshit. On the other hand Morrissey does NOT want me to buy Hollywood Bowl because he had no say in the cover art and didn't give his full release.

I say bullshit. He is crying because he signed his name without reading the terms of the camera crew and or venue contract fine print. I for one am anxious to see this DVD release.

I'm going to steal it and if some cop tries to stop me I'll pull out a printout of Morrissey's message from true-to-you.net and laugh.

Morrissey, don't be mad at me ok? I need to buy it so I can scan it for my website.
See, I have a reason.

Everybody else here should follow Morrissey's wishes.

ha! :D

actually this is one of those times when *one* should either accept a burned copy, try to download it, or just shoplift it. Respect Morrissey's wishes and watch your video.

There were signs all over saying it was being recorded for release, and I felt, personally that he had that in mind during the performance. He was extra nice, and the show was extra long, but maybe that was just because it was an event. I can remember it like I was there right now, and whatever the problem is, it should be worked out. How can he not be paid for it? He must have signed something and been paid already?

Probably a clause in the contract that the Hollywood Bowl has the rights to any performance or something of that nature filmed on its property. Those types of things do exist somehow. Dave Matthews taping policy allows tapers but it does say that the taping policy is superseded by venue policy. That suggests to me that the venue itself may have a claim in the show and may have the ability to release the show itself.

On a side note... There IS one legal possibility that I am surprised no one else has brought up. Morrissey may have had an outstanding commitment with Warner Brothers (when he was signed with them) that required a live video/dvd release. This may have been realized AFTER "Who Put the M in Manchester?" and may have been the reason behind the delay of this DVD to begin with as a tug-o-war type of situation may have existed behind the situation. Morrissey may have wanted to release the DVD and Warner Brothers wanted it for themselves to fulfill outstanding contract commitments.

Morrissey, don't be mad at me ok? I need to buy it so I can scan it for my website.
See, I have a reason.

Everybody else here should follow Morrissey's wishes.

So does that mean you're buying it, scanning it, then NOT watching it? You're a saint! ;):p

I'm going to steal it and if some cop tries to stop me I'll pull out a printout of Morrissey's message from true-to-you.net and laugh.

I am not bailing you out of jail again.

Tags
diva piss and groan
Back
Top Bottom