Depeche Mode Tour 2009 to start in May in Israel

The Seeker of Good Songs

While Depeche-Mode.com informs that the German promoter Marek Lieberberg has announced the presales for Depeche Mode's mid-2009 tour to go on sale in October 2008, the first so called 'fake' tickets have already started to pop up on the internet. That is if you consider pre-sales to be fake of course... Several outlets (especially the more expensive third party resellers) are already offering Depeche Mode tickes for sale although there are no official dates known. If these are fake is yet to be seen. The dates we received corresponded with the info we received so far as well except for a double date set on June 11th. It was also Marek Lieberberg who confirmed www.depechemode.de that the tour would probably start in Israel in May 2009. The band is currently in the studio to work on their upcoming 12th studio album. Depeche Mode are working with Ben Hillier as producer. The album has a tentative release date of Spring 2009.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=35215_0_2_0_C

Re: Depeche Mode to tour in 2009 - Tour to start in May in Israel

While Depeche-Mode.com informs that the German promoter Marek Lieberberg has announced the presales for Depeche Mode's mid-2009 tour to go on sale in October 2008, the first so called 'fake' tickets have already started to pop up on the internet. That is if you consider pre-sales to be fake of course... Several outlets (especially the more expensive third party resellers) are already offering Depeche Mode tickes for sale although there are no official dates known. If these are fake is yet to be seen. The dates we received corresponded with the info we received so far as well except for a double date set on June 11th. It was also Marek Lieberberg who confirmed www.depechemode.de that the tour would probably start in Israel in May 2009. The band is currently in the studio to work on their upcoming 12th studio album. Depeche Mode are working with Ben Hillier as producer. The album has a tentative release date of Spring 2009.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=35215_0_2_0_C

And they are coming to Roskilde :D

And they are coming to Roskilde :D
Whenever I see "Roskilde" I read it as "rockslide" until I look a second or third time.

why can't Moz announce a tour like this?

It always come down to hearsay and rumors and then 6 weeks before the shows tickets go on sale - and half the time no one even knows what the presale password is!

It would be nice to have a bit more time to plan!

Last edited:

There will be a press conference in Berlin on the 6th of October where DM will announce their "future plans". :guitar:

Hurray!!!!!!!!! DM on tour!!!!!!! I knew that the boys would never let me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!

There will be a press conference in Berlin on the 6th of October where DM will announce their "future plans". :guitar:

Are you part of DMMB as well? I cant wait to hear about the "future plans." :D:D:D:D

I find this Depeche Mode fandom absolutely unbelievable.

A non-believer who doesn't get it. It's their loss.

A non-believer who doesn't get it. It's their loss.
Then, I suppose this thread isn't made for him/her.
And yes, DM rocks my socks! They're my fave band, along with The Smiths and U2! And their lives are awesome! I've been in one in 2006, and I'm definetly not gonna lose their next one if they come to Greece once more!!! But I'll go to U.K. if I have to!!!:guitar::D
I'm so happy for these news!!! I knew they are preparing a new album, but I didn't have a clue about the tour! Thanks for the news!
DM is amazing:D

Now I have to go listen to it! :guitar::p
lol!
Well, you don't 'have to', but if you like it, of course you have to!
Ultra is one of my fave albums, but SoFad and Violator are awesome as well!!! I hope that they'll play live 'It's No Good', the last time I saw them they didn't :( .
Most DM songs are, imo, written only to be played live! The songs' atmosphere is something that most bands would kill to have! :guitar:
DM rocks my socks!
And yes, dear Mozzy1, these are fantastic news!
P.S.: I'd love to see what the result would be if DM and Moz collaborated... I think it would be a great idea!!!:D:p

lol!
Well, you don't 'have to', but if you like it, of course you have to!
Ultra is one of my fave albums, but SoFad and Violator are awesome as well!!! I hope that they'll play live 'It's No Good', the last time I saw them they didn't :( .
Most DM songs are, imo, written only to be played live! The songs' atmosphere is something that most bands would kill to have! :guitar:
DM rocks my socks!
And yes, dear Mozzy1, these are fantastic news!
P.S.: I'd love to see what the result would be if DM and Moz collaborated... I think it would be a great idea!!!:D:p

I was just listening to the Ultra remaster the other day....SOFAD and Violator are amazing but my favorite has to be SOFAD. Its just brilliant! I would love to hear them play Mercy in you, Rush, HIgher Love, or One caress on their next tour (along with many other songs as well lol)....Youre right, Depeche has something that no other bands have...

...As far as DM/Moz collaboration, that would be too much for me to handle! lol But i would still love to see it happen! :D

I was just listening to the Ultra remaster the other day....SOFAD and Violator are amazing but my favorite has to be SOFAD. Its just brilliant! I would love to hear them play Mercy in you, Rush, HIgher Love, or One caress on their next tour (along with many other songs as well lol)....Youre right, Depeche has something that no other bands have...

...As far as DM/Moz collaboration, that would be too much for me to handle! lol But i would still love to see it happen! :D
SOFAD simply rocks!
And I think it's DM's most atmospheric album. Walking In My Shoes: I'd sell my soul to listen to it live (except for SOFAD live, which was brilliant!)! Whenever I listen to this song I cry!
Rush is awesome, and I think it should be a single! ETS is amazing as well.
I actually don't like the first 2 albums. The rest is awesome, though!!!
I wish though Alan Wilder was still in the band. He did the whole production, and changed DM's fluffy-puffy sound to more mature and dark. But it's ok, we have Recoil and DM.
I'd also love to listen live ETS (they always play it, so it's not a problem),
Personal Jesus, In Your Room, It's No Good, I Feel Loved, I Feel You, Dream On would also be very nice, but as far as I know has never been played live :eek: , Never Let Me Down Again and Stripped (very atmospheric!).
Most people find it very weird that I like bands such as DM, Smiths, The Cure and U2. They believe that, since I'm 13,5 , I listen to silly bands like Panic At The Disco, Tokio Hotel and other 'cheap' stuff. No, thanks, I prefer quality, which is something you can only find in pre 00s' music. DM rocks, and I'll feel terrible if they stop making music :tears: )
Btw, how's the Ultra remaster? I only have Violator and SOFAD remastered in vinul (It has an amazing sound in the pick-up!). But why do they remaster their albums? They're already perfect...:D

SOFAD simply rocks!
And I think it's DM's most atmospheric album. Walking In My Shoes: I'd sell my soul to listen to it live (except for SOFAD live, which was brilliant!)! Whenever I listen to this song I cry!
Rush is awesome, and I think it should be a single! ETS is amazing as well.
I actually don't like the first 2 albums. The rest is awesome, though!!!
I wish though Alan Wilder was still in the band. He did the whole production, and changed DM's fluffy-puffy sound to more mature and dark. But it's ok, we have Recoil and DM.
I'd also love to listen live ETS (they always play it, so it's not a problem),
Personal Jesus, In Your Room, It's No Good, I Feel Loved, I Feel You, Dream On would also be very nice, but as far as I know has never been played live :eek: , Never Let Me Down Again and Stripped (very atmospheric!).
Most people find it very weird that I like bands such as DM, Smiths, The Cure and U2. They believe that, since I'm 13,5 , I listen to silly bands like Panic At The Disco, Tokio Hotel and other 'cheap' stuff. No, thanks, I prefer quality, which is something you can only find in pre 00s' music. DM rocks, and I'll feel terrible if they stop making music :tears: )
Btw, how's the Ultra remaster? I only have Violator and SOFAD remastered in vinul (It has an amazing sound in the pick-up!). But why do they remaster their albums? They're already perfect...:D

So you have never seen them live? You have to! Well, you might get the chance soon depending on their 'future plans.'.....Walking in My Shoes is especially great live. It was one of the highlights (for me) when I saw them last tour....As for Alan Wilder, what can I say, he is still my favorite member. And I think every DM fan knows about his significant role in the band.
...ETS, PJ, IYR, IFY, are usually played, and the others have also been played as well on different tours. Were you talking about 'Dream On' having never been played? It is on the ONIP dvd (The Exciter Tour).

You should feel special for liking bands like DM, MOZ, Smiths, etc! That just means you know good music:D

I heard the vinyls were good. I dont have any of the remasters on vinyl just the Cd's so i dont know how they compare. But the three I do have sound really good. If I remember correctly, I think Alan had something do to with the remastering, not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom