• "The Severed Alliance" by Johnny Rogan - 20th Anniversary Edition out now

    Now out (came out last week).
    Def worth getting. Much thicker (about 200 pages more) than the last edition and comes up-to-date.
    (The looooong bit at the beginning about Ireland is still there!)



    The release date on the Rough Trade site had been moved up to June 11, 2012 from the original Oct. 1 date.






    Related item:

    This article was originally published in forum thread: Severed Alliance book by Johnny Rogan - Anniversary Edition out now started by thecondy View original post
    Comments 91 Comments
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      It's been twenty years since the first "Severed Alliance"??? Holy Shit!!
    1. celibate's Avatar
      celibate -
      is the m6 still there?

      [never bought this 20 years ago, but maybe the new edition, shall look around at that time]
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      What's the point of this? It was a dull, amateur, labored book the first time round. Rogan has a panty-sniffer's obsession that doesn't reveal anything about the meaning of Moz.
    1. celibate's Avatar
      celibate -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      It's been twenty years since the first "Severed Alliance"??? Holy Shit!!
      20 years ' Your Arsenal'

      we'll let you know
    1. Thesmithsmorrissey's Avatar
      Thesmithsmorrissey -
      Will be an absolute delight re-sinking my teeth into this

      an excellent read, well-written by a Moz apostle truly worth his salt. Hell, even His Mozness himself went back on his initial vituperation and proclaimed it as virtual gospel

      This will be a joy to devour as a percursory run-up to Mozzer's holy testament later this year
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Nothing but gristle to sink your teeth into. And Moz referring to it with reference to some very particular circumstance isn't taking back his vituperation OR proclaiming it as virtual gospel. Not worth wiping your posterior on.
    1. Thesmithsmorrissey's Avatar
      Thesmithsmorrissey -
      so says the anonymous writer who has apparently written a far superior account of the whole thing.

      If only I knew your name, I could Amazon the shit out of your version
    1. billybu69's Avatar
      billybu69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thesmithsmorrissey View Post
      Will be an absolute delight re-sinking my teeth into this

      an excellent read, well-written by a Moz apostle truly worth his salt. Hell, even His Mozness himself went back on his initial vituperation and proclaimed it as virtual gospel

      This will be a joy to devour as a percursory run-up to Mozzer's holy testament later this year
      My thoughts exactly, should be here next post, I can't see Johhny Rogan doing a half baked anything so any update will be comprehensive, especially considering there's twice the number of pages. the forums have been quiet about this one probably just expecting a reprint, I think we may be in for a treat.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      More dishwater ...
    1. Martin's Avatar
      Martin -
      Quote Originally Posted by billybu69 View Post
      My thoughts exactly, should be here next post, I can't see Johhny Rogan doing a half baked anything so any update will be comprehensive, especially considering there's twice the number of pages. the forums have been quiet about this one probably just expecting a reprint, I think we may be in for a treat.
      Well, did you read this?
      http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-John...s=johnny+rogan
      To call that one half baked would really be a compliment....
    1. billybu69's Avatar
      billybu69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
      Well, did you read this?
      http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-John...s=johnny+rogan
      To call that one half baked would really be a compliment....
      Actually, I forgot that one was his. Still this new one will be great....I'm sure.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      'By 1921, the English invaders were forced to the negotiating table ...' Like we needed Rogan to tell us this and like this tells us anything about Morrissey!!
    1. Iona Mink's Avatar
      Iona Mink -
      Quote Originally Posted by 123xyz View Post
      What's mentioned in the new bits ? Is it just a discography round-up or ..... ?
      Was this ever answered?
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      This is like warming up an old fart!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      off-topic, I know, but I wish Moz would do a Christmas Album.
    1. Thesmithsmorrissey's Avatar
      Thesmithsmorrissey -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iona Mink View Post
      Was this ever answered?
      We'll let you know
    1. Thesmithsmorrissey's Avatar
      Thesmithsmorrissey -
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
      Well, did you read this?
      http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-John...s=johnny+rogan
      To call that one half baked would really be a compliment....
      I'd forgotten about this one

      just ordered a copy on Amazon, so thanks for the reminder!

      Johnny Rogan thanks you as well
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      I can't see it on Amazon. Can only see the old edition. At least the new one has both Morrissey AND Marr on the cover, even if it's a lousy photo. Still, don't judge a book by its cover. Although in this case...
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      'By 1921, the English invaders were forced to the negotiating table ...' Like we needed Rogan to tell us this and like this tells us anything about Morrissey!!
      Well it tells you the political circumstances faced by his grandparents, then goes to explain the reasons behind his parents' (and Marr's/Joyces's) emigration to England... the rest follows.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Thesmithsmorrissey View Post
      I'd forgotten about this one

      just ordered a copy on Amazon, so thanks for the reminder!

      Johnny Rogan thanks you as well

      ... in which you'll discover that Johnny Rogan (who appears in his own index!!) 'has no email address, internet facility, mobile phone, credit card, bank card, DVD, video, fridge freezer, dish washer, car or any other vehicle, but has a late afternoon routine of scouring local supermarkets in search of out of date food at bargain prices.' Now there's an incentive to read his work!