• Morrissey currently without management or record deal - statement at true-to-you.net

    Announcement - true-to-you.net
    4 March 2012

    Music industry trade websites have recently listed Morrissey as being presently managed by either Irving Azoff or Ron Laffitte. This information is untrue. Morrissey does not have management, and does not have a recording deal. Any enquiries on both of these matters may be addressed to Donnie at marfagiant@gmail.com. No other source at this time represents Morrissey.


    UPDATE Mar. 6, 7:50AM PT:

    alabamy posted some additional info on "Donnie".
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TTY Announcement about Morrissey's Management started by goinghome View original post
    Comments 103 Comments
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      Is Morrissey ever going to do a US tour again???
      I'm not sure if this has been pointed out to you yet, but you're a fucking idiot. Your posts about Morrissey's "wonky eyes", "zoning out" (whatever the fuck that is) and whether he's going to tour in the United States aren't funny.

      You fail as a human being, you useless cunt. Take necessary steps.
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
      i'm not sure if this has been pointed out to you yet, but you're a fucking idiot. Your posts about morrissey's "wonky eyes", "zoning out" (whatever the fuck that is) and whether he's going to tour in the united states aren't funny.

      You fail as a human being, you useless cunt. Take necessary steps.
      fuck you your a cunt i hate you you hurt my feelingS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHO ARE YOU!!!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      fuck you your a cunt i hate you you heart my feelingS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHO ARE YOU!!!!!
      I really don't heart your feelings - unless, that is, they're feelings of despair and self-hatred.
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      I really don't heart your feelings - unless, that is, they're feelings of despair and self-hatred.
      You may not understand this but i have autism!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      I support Morrissey before, now, tomorrow and always!! I do hope things get better for him VERY SOON!!! If I had experience as a manager I would try to represent him not matter what. Record companies are simply affraid of him because he doesn't like to be manipulated and he speaks out when needed. Gejo
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      You may not understand this but i have autism!
      That's no excuse for idiocy (feigned or otherwise).
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      I support Morrissey before, now, tomorrow and always!!
      I don't. I wish he'd fulfill the promise of his youth and kill himself.
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
      that's no excuse for idiocy (feigned or otherwise).
      fuck off!!!!
      I meant you hurt my feelings!!!!!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      wtf are you talking about? Ringleaders was a beautiful album and Refusal is fantastic too. Now if you want to talk about the shoddy re releasing then yes he has lost his way but don't tell me Paris wasn't a great single!
      Take Ringleaders and Refusal and nick the best tracks from both and you would just about scrape together a decent listen. Only Morrissey himself and the terminally deluded think either are a career highlight.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
      I think it's safe to say that Morrissey could easily get signed to a small independent label. He said in Argentina or Chile that he doesn't want that.

      The problem is the major labels are down to only about three and they really don't want to deal with him probably for a few reasons such as:

      1. He's and old star and they are always looking for something new
      2. He has a history of being hard to work with
      3. He's not given any indication that he is willing to work in the digital age as the main way of selling records

      The other part that we don't know anything about is what he actually wants from a label. He says the small labels cannot promote him properly so clearly that is something he wants. He's been in the business a long time and he knows way to much to end up signing a deal that would screw him over. He might actually be asking for things that are not reasonable and the labels are probably offering something not reasonable (because that is what they do) so you end up with two sides so far apart an agreement cannot be made.

      The problem here is that the big labels have all the money and power that determines who gets played on the radio and MTV. Morrissey doesn't appear to want to adapt and play their game.

      Part of me sympathizes with that point of view because it's ruining music but it is THEIR money and they are going to invest it the way they want and if you want them to invest in you then you have to agree to their terms.

      On a small label he'd be able to have a lot more control but the money wouldn't be there. I don't even think he could spend his own money to promote a record because the big players in the music biz have the connections. They know who to talk to and have established relationships already. To buy into that place would cost an inordinate amount of money for self-promotion.

      I really do hope he finds a way to get the new songs to us. I just don't see it happening the way Morrissey envisions it.
      It's nothing to do with his age, awkwardness, attitude to digital sales etc. Remember, Morrissey once pleaded with people at a festival to text a number to download his new single.
      It's simply about his post-Quarry sales trajectory (400,000 - 200,000 - 88,000), and the fact that his new songs do not suggest any resurgence in his success. A major record company deal would require sales of at least 250,000. There's a risk that the next Morrissey album could struggle to sell 50,000. It really is as simple as that.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      fuck off!!!!
      I meant you hurt my feelings!!!!!
      Good. It's about time somebody did.
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Good. It's about time somebody did.
      I still hate you!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      I still hate you!!!
      How much?
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      How much?
      I will hate you until you say sorry!!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      I will hate you until you say sorry!!!!
      Sorry. Friends? *hugs*
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Sorry. Friends? *hugs*
      OK Now please dont do this ever again!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      OK Now please dont do this ever again!!!
      I promise

      Do you want to get married? To me, I mean.
    1. Librarian On Fire's Avatar
      Librarian On Fire -
      Quote Originally Posted by billybu69 View Post
      I've got a gmail account,whats wrong with gmail?
      Nothing wrong with a Gmail account Billy, I have one myself. It just gives the impression that Donnie is operating Morrissey's business in the backroom of the Nag's Head or a internet café in Southport or somewhere.
    1. lindsey1151's Avatar
      lindsey1151 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      I promise

      Do you want to get married? To me, I mean.
      No because im only 13 years old!!!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by lindsey1151 View Post
      No because im only 13 years old!!!
      I'll wait for you, lindsey 1151.