• Sun: Morrissey wades into Falklands row

    Morrissey wades into Falklands row - The Sun

    SINGER Morrissey has waded into the Falklands feud declaring to his fans in Argentina that the Islands belong to them.

    Also:
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sun: Morrissey wades into Falklands row started by Garmon View original post
    Comments 182 Comments
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -


      Off-topic/troll
    1. JuancitoARG's Avatar
      JuancitoARG -
      Quote Originally Posted by shayde View Post
      is the falkland islands a piece of land or a community of people? don't the people that actually live there want to remain part of england? surely they are the only ones who should have a legitimate say over this topic? not random people who know little about it and don't live there.
      Primero te lo contesto en castellano... A vos como Ingles te gustaria que se instale un grupo de Argentinos en Inglaterra y que diga yo quiero recibir las ordenes de mi gobierno o depender de ellos... Eso no existe, lo que hacen con las ISLAS MALVINAS es colonialismo... A tu reina y gobierno no le interesa la gente solo el lugar estrategico y el petroleo.

      would you like that a Argentinian People Group is install in your country and want to received orders of my goverment? This not exist, you practice the colonialism in ISLAS MALVINAS is not good... Your king and your president dont think in the habitants, they think in the estrategic ubication and the petroleum...

      Thank You
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Look it this way, if the Falklander Islanders declared independence from the UK, what right has Argentina, 300 miles away, who have never owned the Islands, got to say the Islands belongs to them? Remember, Argentina invaded by force and treated the Islanders like dirt. The Argentians were ones trying to be colonialists in the 1980s. Why would the Falkland Islanders want anything to do with them?
      Primero te lo contesto en castellano... A vos como Ingles te gustaria que se instale un grupo de Argentinos en Inglaterra y que diga yo quiero recibir las ordenes de mi gobierno o depender de ellos... Eso no existe, lo que hacen con las ISLAS MALVINAS es colonialismo... A tu reina y gobierno no le interesa la gente solo el lugar estrategico y el petroleo.

      would you like that a Argentinian People Group is install in your country and want to received orders of my goverment? This not exist, you practice the colonialism in ISLAS MALVINAS is not good... Your king and your president dont think in the habitants, they think in the estrategic ubication and the petroleum...
      Why do you think tha the islands is not of Argentine? We are only 300 kms distance and you???

      Thank You
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by JuancitoARG View Post
      Primero te lo contesto en castellano... A vos como Ingles te gustaria que se instale un grupo de Argentinos en Inglaterra y que diga yo quiero recibir las ordenes de mi gobierno o depender de ellos... Eso no existe, lo que hacen con las ISLAS MALVINAS es colonialismo... A tu reina y gobierno no le interesa la gente solo el lugar estrategico y el petroleo.

      would you like that a Argentinian People Group is install in your country and want to received orders of my goverment? This not exist, you practice the colonialism in ISLAS MALVINAS is not good... Your king and your president dont think in the habitants, they think in the estrategic ubication and the petroleum...

      Thank You
      No idea what you're on about. The Falklands have never been a part of Argentina at any point in their history so your point is irrelevant. And anyway, look at it this way: if the Falkland Islanders voted for independence as is their right under international law, Britain would go along with it and respect their wishes, whilst Argentina would invade and occupy as their intentions are overtly colonial and hostile.

      Furthermore, the vast majority of Argentinians are of European descent and they massacred the indigenous population of the Southern part of South America long, long ago. Don't imagine you feel much sympathy for those poor souls that the settlers murdered without blinking.

      With regard to Morrissey's pronouncements, no idea why he feels he can speak on behalf of the British people as he doesn't even live in the UK any more (which is why he is so clearly out of touch with public opinion in his country of birth).

      Would've been interesting to hear him tell that same crowd his views on Argentina's beef industry, but he wouldn't have uttered a peep about that because he's a coward and a hypocrite. Argentina is welcome to him.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      I remember when I was in Manchester in 1983 the weekend when The Smiths debuted for the United-Liverpool game and how the war in the Falklands was still very much debated. I remember I had the view then that England had no business so far away from its own country and that the old empire showed signs that it could not handle that it had lost so much that it needed to cling onto a place that God forgot about long ago.

      Having said that death puts things into perspective and as my girlfriend lost her mother on Wednesday night due to complications after a hip operation, seeing her body in the morgue chapel makes things like this seem insignificant and it is clear to me Moz is pushing all the buttons he can to make himself noticed.

      I suspect he is just toying with all of us and watches with delight how people get upset.

      Urban in Sweden
    1. JUAN ARG's Avatar
      JUAN ARG -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      No idea what you're on about. The Falklands have never been a part of Argentina at any point in their history so your point is irrelevant. And anyway, look at it this way: if the Falkland Islanders voted for independence as is their right under international law, Britain would go along with it and respect their wishes, whilst Argentina would invade and occupy as their intentions are overtly colonial and hostile.

      Furthermore, the vast majority of Argentinians are of European descent and they massacred the indigenous population of the Southern part of South America long, long ago. Don't imagine you feel much sympathy for those poor souls that the settlers murdered without blinking.

      With regard to Morrissey's pronouncements, no idea why he feels he can speak on behalf of the British people as he doesn't even live in the UK any more (which is why he is so clearly out of touch with public opinion in his country of birth).

      Would've been interesting to hear him tell that same crowd his views on Argentina's beef industry, but he wouldn't have uttered a peep about that because he's a coward and a hypocrite. Argentina is welcome to him.
      England was colonialist during all the history... Do you remember or do you read ?? For Example:

      - La guerra del Opio, from 1840 - 1865 dead 60 millions of chinese people by England
      In this moment you have this places, and it isn`t of you... NOW
      Anguila
      Bermudas
      Islas Vírgenes Británicas
      Islas Caimán
      Gibraltar
      Montserrat
      Islas Turcas y Caicos
      Territorio Antártico Británico (ARGENTINA Y Chile)
      Territorio Británico en el Océano Índico
      Islas Malvinas (ARGENTINA)
      Pitcairn
      Santa Elena (incluyendo las dependencias de Isla Ascensión y Tristán da Cunha)
      Georgia del Sur e Islas Sandwich del Sur (ARGENTINA)
      Akrotiri y Dhekelia
      If you want I can write you other places that you stole in the history....
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      what a stupid thing to say, shouldnt sell yourself or England just to get a few more fans. #Boycottmorrissey
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by JUAN ARG View Post
      England was colonialist during all the history... Do you remember or do you read ?? For Example:

      - La guerra del Opio, from 1840 - 1865 dead 60 millions of chinese people by England
      In this moment you have this places, and it isn`t of you... NOW
      Anguila
      Bermudas
      Islas Vírgenes Británicas
      Islas Caimán
      Gibraltar
      Montserrat
      Islas Turcas y Caicos
      Territorio Antártico Británico (ARGENTINA Y Chile)
      Territorio Británico en el Océano Índico
      Islas Malvinas (ARGENTINA)
      Pitcairn
      Santa Elena (incluyendo las dependencias de Isla Ascensión y Tristán da Cunha)
      Georgia del Sur e Islas Sandwich del Sur (ARGENTINA)
      Akrotiri y Dhekelia
      If you want I can write you other places that you stole in the history....
      Again, you're being completely irrelevant. All of those places choose to be remain as overseas territories of Britain. If they choose to be independent they can be, but they don't choose to be. The same goes for the Falkland Islanders. I really do fail to see what that list has to do with anything, or do Argentinians really hate the right to self-determination that much?

      As for plucking the Opium Wars out of thin air, I have no idea why you did that (apart from to prove that you know how to use Wikipedia). We could name a whole list of other atrocities committed by the British during the history of the Empire but what use would that be? We could name loads of atrocities committed by the French, Spanish, Germans, Americans and many more during thier histories but I don't see you noting any of those here. Why not?

      We're talking about the Falklands here and now and the myth of Argentinian sovereignty.

      If you could come up with a valid factual reason why the Falklands should be Argentinian it would be useful to the argument. Your postings so far have been quite frankly bizarre when seen in relation to this argument.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      what a stupid thing to say, shouldnt sell yourself or England just to get a few more fans. #Boycottmorrissey
      Malvinas=Argentina
      Northern Ireland=Ireland
      Thorns=out; Roses=in

      we'll let you know
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Again, you're being completely irrelevant. All of those places choose to be remain as overseas territories of Britain. If they choose to be independent they can be, but they don't choose to be. The same goes for the Falkland Islanders. I really do fail to see what that list has to do with anything, or do Argentinians really hate the right to self-determination that much?

      As for plucking the Opium Wars out of thin air, I have no idea why you did that (apart from to prove that you know how to use Wikipedia). We could name a whole list of other atrocities committed by the British during the history of the Empire but what use would that be? We could name loads of atrocities committed by the French, Spanish, Germans, Americans and many more during thier histories but I don't see you noting any of those here. Why not?

      We're talking about the Falklands here and now and the myth of Argentinian sovereignty.

      If you could come up with a valid factual reason why the Falklands should be Argentinian it would be useful to the argument. Your postings so far have been quite frankly bizarre when seen in relation to this argument.
      The Malvinas are Argentine because it belongs to the territory, The determination no exist because The people can´t to choose wich country receive order... For example I can´t to go to your country and want to choose a determination with Argentine....
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      England was colonialist during all the history... Do you remember or do you read ??
      Juag Arf, you need to do some reading yourself. You haven't addressed any of the points raised. You'd rather ignore the fact Argentina has never own the Falkland Islands; ignore the fact those islands are 300 miles away from your country; and ignore the fact only British people have lived on the Falklands for generations. Oh, yes, one more, you also choose to ignore the fact Argentina invaded the Falklands by military force, and then got booted out by the British fleet.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Juag Arf, you need to do some reading yourself. You haven't addressed any of the points raised. You'd rather ignore the fact Argentina has never own the Falkland Islands; ignore the fact those islands are 300 miles away from your country; and ignore the fact only British people have lived on the Falklands for generations. Oh, yes, one more, you also choose to ignore the fact Argentina invaded the Falklands by military force, and then got booted out by the British fleet.
      Yep, just like Northern Ireland?

      we'll let you know
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Yep, just like Northern Ireland?

      we'll let you know
      Are the Brits just slightly civilized Serbs?
    1. Death Disco's Avatar
      Death Disco -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Yep, just like Northern Ireland?

      we'll let you know
      But only if you're really interested.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Yep, just like Northern Ireland?

      we'll let you know
      Please elaborate.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Are the Brits just slightly civilized Serbs?
      In what respect?
    1. JUAN ARG's Avatar
      JUAN ARG -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Juag Arf, you need to do some reading yourself. You haven't addressed any of the points raised. You'd rather ignore the fact Argentina has never own the Falkland Islands; ignore the fact those islands are 300 miles away from your country; and ignore the fact only British people have lived on the Falklands for generations. Oh, yes, one more, you also choose to ignore the fact Argentina invaded the Falklands by military force, and then got booted out by the British fleet.
      You first invaded the Malvinas Islands in 1833, In 1806 and 1807 you wanted to invaded Buenos Aires and you could not.... This is Colonialism and excessive force...
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by JUAN ARG View Post
      You first invaded the Malvinas Islands in 1833, In 1806 and 1807 you wanted to invaded Buenos Aires and you could not.... This is Colonialism and excessive force...
      In the nineteenth century, it was, indeed, colonialism; it isn't now.
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by JUAN ARG View Post
      England was colonialist during all the history... Do you remember or do you read ?? For Example:

      - La guerra del Opio, from 1840 - 1865 dead 60 millions of chinese people by England
      In this moment you have this places, and it isn`t of you... NOW
      Anguila
      Bermudas
      Islas Vírgenes Británicas
      Islas Caimán
      Gibraltar
      Montserrat
      Islas Turcas y Caicos
      Territorio Antártico Británico (ARGENTINA Y Chile)
      Territorio Británico en el Océano Índico
      Islas Malvinas (ARGENTINA)
      Pitcairn
      Santa Elena (incluyendo las dependencias de Isla Ascensión y Tristán da Cunha)
      Georgia del Sur e Islas Sandwich del Sur (ARGENTINA)
      Akrotiri y Dhekelia
      If you want I can write you other places that you stole in the history....
      Just 1% of the Argentine population today are indigenous peoples. What did you do with the rest of them?

      The Spanish history of involvement in the Americas is hardly covered in great glory, is it? Let's not tug on the thread of historical injustice too hard, or our whole world will become unravelled.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Please elaborate.
      Occupation, darling. And bloodshed.