• Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig - The Daily Mirror

    Morrissey fans have their bags checked for meat before concert - The Daily Mirror

    Also covered on NME.com:

    Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig - NME.com
    Security guards at Middlesborough show were told to frisk punters for meat
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig....according to the wonderfully bored NME started by mopeonarope View original post
    Comments 39 Comments
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Moz gigs are becoming more and more like a fascist state with each passing day.

      I wonder what will happen next.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Good to read that they searched in the bags and not the pants. ;P
    1. 9 x Fined's Avatar
      9 x Fined -
      All they'd find on me is a giant Italian sausage
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      They were really searching to see if David T was hiding out in a handbag.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      They were searching for meat pies for Boz, he was getting hungry.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Have you ever met a vegi who didnt think they somehow had a heightened insight than you and, put simply, you're wrong and a heathen i'm right. No-one has any freedom in this country any more, Moz wants to listen to his earlier lyrics where he is struggling to be himself against others inference. Just another vegi, self obsessed on the convert.
    1. Canny's Avatar
      Canny -
      He is winding his fans up so much, they will soon be pelting him with pork chops.
    1. Juan Salló's Avatar
      Juan Salló -
      This is a total NON sense, pathetic even...To check the bag of each fan who attends a show to see if it carries a sausage ??!! Because meat is not allowed !! This looks like the Muslims with pork, the Adventists with Sea food, the israelis with Kosher, now Morrissey with a sausage...Damned, the times of SS and Gestapo are lurring in...
    1. Mike Apathy's Avatar
      Mike Apathy -
      I do believe that Moz has every right to control what concessions are sold and purchased at his gigs. Truly though, the type of person that would try to smuggle meat into a show, in my opinion, is nothing more than a troll. Plain and simple. In the meantime, click the link below. I've written this article, it's called "The Morrissey Paradox." Hope you guys enjoy it.

      http://theoctopushamstring.wordpress...issey-paradox/

      -Mike Apathy
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      It's just an NME non story. Security has been tight, but they have been checking for cameras and people taking drinks in. No bottles allowed. For goodness sake, who goes to a concert with a round of ham sandwiches or a pork pie!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Apathy View Post
      I do believe that Moz has every right to control what concessions are sold and purchased at his gigs. Truly though, the type of person that would try to smuggle meat into a show, in my opinion, is nothing more than a troll. Plain and simple. In the meantime, click the link below. I've written this article, it's called "The Morrissey Paradox." Hope you guys enjoy it.

      http://theoctopushamstring.wordpress...issey-paradox/

      -Mike Apathy
      Unbelievable. When will the people on this forum wake up and think for themselves? Half of you appear to be hypnotised. Look, people take food to gigs. This is not about taking food - otherwise he would be frisking for vegetables as well as meat. This is about banning his fans from consuming meat. It's just about the most illiberal thing I've heard in recent years. Remember Morrissey's self-pitying complaints about being searched as he entered the USA for bombs etc? And his rant about 'smelly uniforms' in HCAPKHIF? And here we are - 7 years on - and he's frisking people for BLT sandwiches! I mean, who does he think he is?

      He throws his own fans out of concerts, and at the same time orders people to be searched by thugs for fragments of meat in sandwiches and samosas. It's absurd!

      Morrissey, grow up.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      It's just an NME non story. Security has been tight, but they have been checking for cameras and people taking drinks in. No bottles allowed. For goodness sake, who goes to a concert with a round of ham sandwiches or a pork pie!
      I once had oat and chocolate spread in my bag, because I went shopping and then decided to go to the venue and see if I can get a ticket at the doors. The security's reaction was great, he decided to ignore the oat, the chocolate spread AND my camera and behaved as if he had not seen anything.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Lucky i got in with an ounce of charlie stuck up my bum
    1. Walter Ego's Avatar
      Walter Ego -
      Security guard made a joke and the NME/Mirror chose to make a stupid story out of it. The fall-out from the current media problems in UK have left some organisations searching for stories.
      Their usual methods are off limits for now so nonsense things like this are getting published.
      And some idiots believe it.
    1. billy scissors's Avatar
      billy scissors -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Lucky i got in with an ounce of charlie stuck up my bum
      he's a laddo,that charlie
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Moz gigs are becoming more and more like a fascist state with each passing day.

      I wonder what will happen next.
      Hardly.
    1. billybu69's Avatar
      billybu69 -
      Come on boys n girls get real, security don't check for meat. A quiet day in the office and some clown comes up with this, and how many of you have jumped up and down declaring fascist state, don't believe all you read in fact don't believe anything you read until proved by experiencing it yourself, or the evidence is so strong it must be so.

      So once again, no one checks you for meat products before you enter a Morrissey gig, it's a lie, surprising has that may seem, by our great British press.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by billybu69 View Post
      Come on boys n girls get real, security don't check for meat. A quiet day in the office and some clown comes up with this, and how many of you have jumped up and down declaring fascist state, don't believe all you read in fact don't believe anything you read until proved by experiencing it yourself, or the evidence is so strong it must be so.

      So once again, no one checks you for meat products before you enter a Morrissey gig, it's a lie, surprising has that may seem, by our great British press.

      Agree.

      http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-23267123/ and the Mirror article also says that Middlesborough was the last UK concert, the journo has obviously checked their facts!

      I am disappointed about the DavidT fiasco, but honestly think this meat story is a loads of bollocks. Security has been tight, bags searched and 'pat down' but looking for meat!!! We're going to a concert not a flipping picnic.
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by billybu69 View Post
      Come on boys n girls get real, security don't check for meat. A quiet day in the office and some clown comes up with this, and how many of you have jumped up and down declaring fascist state, don't believe all you read in fact don't believe anything you read until proved by experiencing it yourself, or the evidence is so strong it must be so.

      So once again, no one checks you for meat products before you enter a Morrissey gig, it's a lie, surprising has that may seem, by our great British press.
      Either a lie or a Security Guard with sense of humour. Typical NME/Mail that they have such a warped view that they are willing to believe and print this nonsense.
    1. Pit Village's Avatar
      Pit Village -
      F**k me...this goes to show how bad this site has got if anyone believes this shite...