• Morrissey joins call for enquiry into animal suffering at Imperial College London

    Morrissey Speaks Out Against Animal Suffering At Imperial College London - looktothestarsorg

    Former The Smiths front-man, Morrissey has joined the BUAV call for an independent inquiry into disturbing evidence of animal suffering and poor practice revealed at an Imperial College London animal research laboratory.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Morrissey joins call for enquiry into animal suffering at Imperial College London started by Amy View original post
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. MIDNITE's Avatar
      MIDNITE -
      [color="#4b0082"]

      ......

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Of course there should be an inquiry.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
      CrystalGeezer -
      You don't wanna know.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Barleycorn View Post
      Of course there should be an inquiry.
      There is some good to be taken from this. (Think Canada ! Think seal clubbing !)
      The good news is the UK is now off Morrissey's tour list just like Canada so we won't have to listen to Biz Boorer and Jesse Tabasco bastardizing Smiths/Morrissey songs !!!! Amen to that ! There is a God !


      I have forgiven Jesus

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Reelaround's Avatar
      Reelaround -
      Yes we do wanna know
      But where are all the other members replying to this post?

      Every Single Day of my life I think about the animals, whether it be in the neighbourhood, experimentation, eating them with no regard whatsoever as to the means and end result of having something on your plate that has been a living breathing entity and has ultimately died, given up it's life involuntarily, to provide something on a plate right there in front of you, which you absolutely know not to even have been killed in a humane way. ?
      Tell me- if you dare! But I'm warning you right now, do not put any sick videos up or I will destroy YOU

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      There is some good to be taken from this. (Think Canada ! Think seal clubbing !)
      The good news is the UK is now off Morrissey's tour list just like Canada so we won't have to listen to Biz Boorer and Jesse Tabasco bastardizing Smiths/Morrissey songs !!!! Amen to that ! There is a God !


      I have forgiven Jesus
      Only the animal lovers of Japan and the Argentine shall be left soon.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. isthisdesire's Avatar
      isthisdesire -
      this is the original investigation that led to the inquiry if anyone is interested: http://licensedtokill.buav.org/

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Just now on the news some little girls were interviewed about the animals they raise for slaughter. They use the word "process" and smile about the money they'll get for the sale of the animals. They talk about dehorning and castration and weaning as if it's all perfectly reasonable. These girls are murderers and they don't even know it. Yuck.

      Quote Originally Posted by Reelaround View Post
      Yes we do wanna know
      But where are all the other members replying to this post?

      Every Single Day of my life I think about the animals, whether it be in the neighbourhood, experimentation, eating them with no regard whatsoever as to the means and end result of having something on your plate that has been a living breathing entity and has ultimately died, given up it's life involuntarily, to provide something on a plate right there in front of you, which you absolutely know not to even have been killed in a humane way. ?
      Tell me- if you dare! But I'm warning you right now, do not put any sick videos up or I will destroy YOU

      0 Not allowed!
    1. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
      CrystalGeezer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reelaround View Post
      Yes we do wanna know
      But where are all the other members replying to this post?
      It's actually a good sign. I don't know if you believe in God or not, but consider solo like a ghost repository. When things are ignored here it's because the ghosts are busy addressing the real issue elsewhere. It's weird but I've noticed it over the years.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Girl-Afraid's Avatar
      Girl-Afraid -
      I've read and seen online about all this and its disgusting.
      Cannot believe this goes on in today's day & age!
      Thank god there are still people like Morrissey in this world.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Barleycorn View Post
      Only the animal lovers of Japan and the Argentine shall be left soon.
      Oh we handsome devils J B !

      I H F J

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Barleycorn View Post
      Only the animal lovers of Japan and the Argentine shall be left soon.
      Hey Johnny Bcorn have you heard Alison Moyet's new song "When I was your girl" ???
      It sounds very Morrissey ! I can hear weegie board in it, have a listen and report back please.

      I H F J

      0 Not allowed!
    1. HandThatRocksTheCradle's Avatar
      HandThatRocksTheCradle -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reelaround View Post
      Yes we do wanna know
      But where are all the other members replying to this post?
      Hmmm...the article title says "Morrissey speaks out against animal suffering..." I didn't see a quote from him. Maybe if there was an actual statement, there would have been more response.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
      Hey Johnny Bcorn have you heard Alison Moyet's new song "When I was your girl" ???
      It sounds very Morrissey ! I can hear weegie board in it, have a listen and report back please.

      I H F J
      Blimey, I see what you mean. It is a bit, isn't it? I saw her on something a few weeks back. Graham Norton? She's lost a lot of weight and is looking good. I'm old enough to remember when she was two-thirds of Yazoo.

      The song is pleasant enough. Not something I would ever download for free, but inoffensive. If you want to revisit the great days of Morrissey now he is no longer a songwriter, try Malcolm Rossiter's last album. He released it late last year. Well worth a listen. It's one of the great albums of 2012.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Rowntree's Avatar
      Rowntree -
      I think Moyet's new record is one of the worst things I've ever heard, her ability to sing obviously left her with her ample frame. She looks wierd now too, fat Moyet was quite pretty, skinny Moyet looks like a hideous monster.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rowntree View Post
      I think Moyet's new record is one of the worst things I've ever heard, her ability to sing obviously left her with her ample frame. She looks wierd now too, fat Moyet was quite pretty, skinny Moyet looks like a hideous monster.
      I've heard the Moyet single twice now and can't recall a single thing about it.

      I did experience something worse - far, far worse - just the other day though. I was trapped in an MRI scanner with a Michael Buble CD being fired at me. Now there's someone who has a face I could slap all day.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Anonymous's Avatar
      Anonymous -
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Barleycorn View Post
      Blimey, I see what you mean. It is a bit, isn't it? I saw her on something a few weeks back. Graham Norton? She's lost a lot of weight and is looking good. I'm old enough to remember when she was two-thirds of Yazoo.

      The song is pleasant enough. Not something I would ever download for free, but inoffensive. If you want to revisit the great days of Morrissey now he is no longer a songwriter, try Malcolm Rossiter's last album. He released it late last year. Well worth a listen. It's one of the great albums of 2012.
      Will do and will report back soon thanks for the reply (I like it and wish her very well)

      I H F J

      0 Not allowed!
    1. MIDNITE's Avatar
      MIDNITE -
      Whilst on the subject of morrissey and animal welfare and his mission 2 help save others from suffering ect, we mustent ever forget the experimentation of animals in medical labs ect that suposedly advance medical science..

      These animal species in question are highly sensitive and Intelligent sentinal beings of heavon and earth, just as capable of feeling pain, fear and suffering ect as humans do, and have just the same rights 2 a life free from unessassery pain and suffering,..... but which are "legally" torchered in the most horrific , cruel and evil ways in these medical research labs.
      What goes on in these animal testing medical research labs, is pure cruelty and the devils work, its only place is in Hell!
      Its morally, ethically and spiritually WRONG 2 carry out these terrible tests and experiments againist anothers will !
      Medical research does NOT excuse this suffering!
      Some of the ways these innocent animals in these labs are, treated by humans, is beyond normal civil comprehension and imagination !
      Even food, water, medical care and infant access to mothers are routinely denied if deemed to be necessary.
      Monkeys with half there scalps missing and blood everywere with bolts permanently attached to there heads and being electrocuted in there open wounds causing the poor creatures 2 scream and cry out in agony with tears in there eyes ect...... but yet there vicious tormenters show no mercy and so it continues and continues !
      There only hope and relief from there nitemare, can be found at the time of there deaths !

      laboratory research, agricultural practices and hunting have been specifically exempt from animal cruelty provisions in state and local laws.
      Laboratory testing in licensed research facilities, can legally commit almost ANY kind of criminal animal abuse and cruelty in the name of medical research.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. Johnny Barleycorn's Avatar
      Johnny Barleycorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITE View Post
      Whilst on the subject of morrissey and animal welfare and his mission 2 help save others from suffering ect, we mustent ever forget the experimentation of animals in medical labs ect that suposedly advance medical science..

      These animal species in question are highly sensitive and Intelligent sentinal beings of heavon and earth, just as capable of feeling pain, fear and suffering ect as humans do, and have just the same rights 2 a life free from unessassery pain and suffering,..... but which are "legally" torchered in the most horrific , cruel and evil ways in these medical research labs.
      What goes on in these animal testing medical research labs, is pure cruelty and the devils work, its only place is in Hell!
      Its morally, ethically and spiritually WRONG 2 carry out these terrible tests and experiments againist anothers will !
      Medical research does NOT excuse this suffering!
      Some of the ways these innocent animals in these labs are, treated by humans, is beyond normal civil comprehension and imagination !
      Even food, water, medical care and infant access to mothers are routinely denied if deemed to be necessary.
      Monkeys with half there scalps missing and blood everywere with bolts permanently attached to there heads and being electrocuted in there open wounds causing the poor creatures 2 scream and cry out in agony with tears in there eyes ect...... but yet there vicious tormenters show no mercy and so it continues and continues !
      There only hope and relief from there nitemare, can be found at the time of there deaths !

      laboratory research, agricultural practices and hunting have been specifically exempt from animal cruelty provisions in state and local laws.
      Laboratory testing in licensed research facilities, can legally commit almost ANY kind of criminal animal abuse and cruelty in the name of medical research.
      I agree with pretty much all of this, particularly hunting for sport, and I'm sure the average man on the Clapham omnibus would too, which only leaves us to ask specifically in case of medicine or the food supply, what is the alternative? As we stand there is none. Whether we like it or not animal testing in particular will remain a cornerstone of medical science and we are as far away from alternatives as we have ever been.

      We can all say it's awful and mean it, until our loved ones or ourselves need treatment. Then it remains awful, but necessary.

      0 Not allowed!
    1. hand in glove's Avatar
      hand in glove -
      Yes, thank God that people like Morrissey exist. News like this is always disturbing. With all that we know...with just common knowledge and love and respect...how can anyone deliberately harm, injure or kill another living creature? How do these people sleep?

      0 Not allowed!