INEC, Killarney April 28
Leisureland, Galway 29
All shows support will be Doll & The Kicks

I am a Ghost
December 8, 2008, 06:13 PM
:):):):):):):):)

Ben Chill
December 8, 2008, 06:16 PM
Tickets priced €54.80 on sale 9am Friday December 12.

I am a Ghost
December 8, 2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks, Ben.
This is wonderful news as I was not going to be able to make the NI gigs.

punky
December 8, 2008, 07:26 PM
Jim Carroll (Irish Times) wrote in his blog earlier to-day...

His Mozness will be celebrating his 50th birthday next year with four Irish shows. He plays Killarney’s INEC (April 28), Galway’s Leisureland (April 29), Omagh’s Leisure Centre (May 1) and Belfast’s Waterfront (May 2). Tickets go on sale on Friday, ranging in price from £33 for the shows up north to €54.80 for the shows down south.

Joe Dolan
December 8, 2008, 07:34 PM

Welcome to the rip off republic. The Belfast gig is priced at £33 which equates to about €38. No wonder people from here are heading north in droves to do their shopping. Still, good news about the gigs though.

Uncleskinny
December 8, 2008, 07:34 PM
Get that hotel room booked pronto - the Gleneagles (Killarney) still has rooms, I just booked mine.

Peter

Joe Dolan
December 8, 2008, 07:47 PM
Get that hotel room booked pronto - the Gleneagles (Killarney) still has rooms, I just booked mine.

Peter

Killarney's chock full of hotels of all grades. The Gleneagles is convenient, but I wouldn't panic if I couldn't get a room there - there'll be plenty more rooms, and there's plenty of hotels and B/B's within walking distance of the venue. Make sure and take a walk down by the lakes, or rent a bike and go for a spin around by Muckross etc. Its worth it for the views. The weather should be nice in May.

And even better I spotted this when looking through the INEC website:

http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?event_action=view&eid=78&instance=2009-6-19#

Don't know which I'm looking forward to more

Joe Dolan
December 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
Tour dates now listed on the Aiken Promotions website:

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/option,com_gigcal/task,details/gigcal_bands_id,287/open_gig,287/

Irish Budd
December 8, 2008, 10:08 PM
This is great news.I suppose we'll find out in the next day or two what dates Moz will be playing in Dublin.
An expensive couple of months ahead I think.

I am a Ghost
December 8, 2008, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the rip off republic. The Belfast gig is priced at £33 which equates to about €38. No wonder people from here are heading north in droves to do their shopping. Still, good news about the gigs though.

You said it, Joe, you said it...
By the way, do you like your new statue in Mullingar?

I am a Ghost
December 8, 2008, 10:34 PM
This is great news.I suppose we'll find out in the next day or two what dates Moz will be playing in Dublin.
An expensive couple of months ahead I think.

I'm not so sure about Dublin dates, but fingers crossed :)
I'm getting me paper-cup ready for the pan-handling to raise the necessary funds!

Uncleskinny
December 8, 2008, 10:50 PM
You said it, Joe, you said it...
By the way, do you like your new statue in Mullingar?

I have an embarrasing story about me in Mullingar. Oh yes.

Peter

Irish Budd
December 8, 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm not so sure about Dublin dates, but fingers crossed :)
I'm getting me paper-cup ready for the pan-handling to raise the necessary funds!

Panhandle away do what's necessary to get the cash but don't listen to piccadilly palare for a bit in case you get any bad ideas.;)

I have an embarrasing story about me in Mullingar. Oh yes.

Peter

Do tell Peter.I'd love to know.

I am a Ghost
December 8, 2008, 11:43 PM
Panhandle away do what's necessary to get the cash but don't listen to piccadilly palare for a bit in case you get any bad ideas.;)

I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!

I too want to hear naughty Peter's story. Spill the beans, as it were, Unc :) Did it involve Joe Dolan?!?!?!?

Uncleskinny
December 8, 2008, 11:48 PM

Me and a colleague were travelling back from Longford. We stopped at Hammills (on the Mullingar by-pass). John went up and ordered and got a stew and roll - being Veggie, I was told my veggie stir-fry would take a while, so I went up and got a bread roll from the display cabinet. Back at the table, the bread roll was a bit tough, but I cut in and began to eat. I saw the waitresses laugh, then they came over with a pile of tissues. "Sir, you really don't want to eat that", they said. "Why not?" says I - "because it's a display bread roll made of plaster" says they.

In mitigation - I was very hungry.

A year later, I went back, and back at the same place...

"Excuse me sir, weren't you here last year asking for a vegetarian meal?"

"Indeed I was"

<pile of laughing waitresses>

Joy.

Peter

I am a Ghost
December 9, 2008, 12:01 AM
Me and a colleague were travelling back from Longford. We stopped at Hammills (on the Mullingar by-pass). John went up and ordered and got a stew and roll - being Veggie, I was told my veggie stir-fry would take a while, so I went up and got a bread roll from the display cabinet. Back at the table, the bread roll was a bit tough, but I cut in and began to eat. I saw the waitresses laugh, then they came over with a pile of tissues. "Sir, you really don't want to eat that", they said. "Why not?" says I - "because it's a display bread roll made of plaster" says they.

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

Hahahahah.
Just shows, we veggies are made of strong stuff!!

In light of recent events, I'm glad I haven't eaten pork in years...

Dan133269
December 9, 2008, 06:05 AM

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

:D that's hilarious!
These Irish dates are brilliant. I'd reckon he's gonna announce a single date at the new O2 arena. Leisureland looks like a good venue, small and intimate, The Smiths played there in 1984 long before my time :)

Barking
December 9, 2008, 11:47 AM

Peter

If you book a room at the INEC you usually get a discount for the shows like, er, er... Riverdance. :o (I saw it for free twice and got a commission for bringing people to the show) ...So maybe Spongebob too? :D
Shame none of that works for Morrissey shows!

It's a lovely area. Beautiful oak forest, lakes...Don't bother visiting Muckross house though anyone, you'll get sick at all the hunt trophies everywhere!:sick:

Irish Budd
December 9, 2008, 12:41 PM
I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!
QUOTE]

He He, Hope you fancy yourself as a "reasonably good buy"

[QUOTE=Uncleskinny;1030608]Me and a colleague were travelling back from Longford. We stopped at Hammills (on the Mullingar by-pass). John went up and ordered and got a stew and roll - being Veggie, I was told my veggie stir-fry would take a while, so I went up and got a bread roll from the display cabinet. Back at the table, the bread roll was a bit tough, but I cut in and began to eat. I saw the waitresses laugh, then they came over with a pile of tissues. "Sir, you really don't want to eat that", they said. "Why not?" says I - "because it's a display bread roll made of plaster" says they.

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

Ha Ha,Great story you made quite an impression,because it was in the Mullingar region I wonder what did they find stranger? The fact you were trying to eat a bread roll from the display cabinet or that you requested a vegetarian meal.:confused:

Just in case people are thinking of coming over for the Killarney concert there's a small airport in Kerry and the fly to and from London Stanstead,London Luton,Manchester,Dublin,Lorient and Hahn.
http://www.kerryairport.com/

emma1979
December 9, 2008, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=I am a Ghost;1030604]I have me belted coat ready along with the paper-cup, IB!
QUOTE]

He He, Hope you fancy yourself as a "reasonably good buy"

Ha Ha,Great story you made quite an impression,because it was in the Mullingar region I wonder what did they find stranger? The fact you were trying to eat a bread roll from the display cabinet or that you requested a vegetarian meal.:confused:

Just in case people are thinking of coming over for the Killarney concert there's a small airport in Kerry and the fly to and from London Stanstead,London Luton,Manchester,Dublin,Lorient and Hahn.
wont be going fed uo of him

Irish Budd
December 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
Emma,how and why did you get fed up with Morrissey so fast?:confused:

Dan133269
December 9, 2008, 04:24 PM
wont be going fed uo of him

you know you can't stay mad at Moz forever! :) so buy your tickets and always do forgive him for whatever he has done

I am a Ghost
December 9, 2008, 04:28 PM
Ad for the Irish leg of the tour with the album cover in today's "Indo", no mention of a Dublin gig though :(

lux girl
December 9, 2008, 09:52 PM
Irish tour! Yipee, happy days.
Hope to go to Galway. Is Leisureland a good venue? Anyone know?

punky
December 9, 2008, 09:56 PM
Great Venue by the sea. Saw The Smiths there in November 1984...

cossy
December 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
Difficult to get to Galway/Kerry for me midweek so up North on the Fri and Sat I think. As well as Manchester on the 23rd:)

bring it on

cossy

punky
December 10, 2008, 09:19 PM
Leisureland Galway has a capacity of circa 1,100.
Great location for the gig!:guitar:

lux girl
December 10, 2008, 09:26 PM
Leisureland Galway has a capacity of circa 1,100.
Great location for the gig!:guitar:

Yipee, think it'll be Galway for me then!
Thanks for the info on the venue, sounds perfect. Pints in Neachtains, Quay street afterwards!

craiggannon
December 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
I see on the inec Killarney website that they are doing a "special" for the Morrissey gig,for anyone interersted;
Morrissey
28th April
The Gleneagle:
1 B&B & ticket to show €119pps
2 B&B with 1 evening meal & ticket to show €209pps

Joe Dolan
December 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
The tickets for the Killarney gig and packages are available to buy now:

Just booked two tickets and B+B for Killarney on the INEC website:

http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?...ance=2009-4-28 (http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?event_action=view&eid=80&instance=2009-4-28)

:D :guitar:

Rang the INEC to confirm and they said when they are doing packages they put them up a bit earlier.

Posted this info earlier but it got moved to a thread about the presale for Scotland so I'm posting it again.

punky
December 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
It was very busy on the INEC site earlier to-day.

sweetness522
December 11, 2008, 05:52 PM

http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?...ance=2009-4-28 (http://www.inec.ie/Events/index.php?event_action=view&eid=80&instance=2009-4-28)

Rang the INEC to confirm and they said when they are doing packages they put them up a bit earlier.

Posted this info earlier but it got moved to a thread about the presale for Scotland so I'm posting it again.

Are you able to choose your preferred seating or do they do it for you if you take the package with hotel room?

Uncleskinny
December 11, 2008, 06:01 PM

You were very lucky. The links don't work for me, and I just phoned up the box office and they said no tickets on sale till tomorrow. Anyway, I'm already booked in at the Gleneagle...

Peter

***EDIT*** Scrap that, just got a couple of tickets. Fab. Thanks for the heads-up.

Joe Dolan
December 11, 2008, 06:14 PM
You were very lucky. The links don't work for me, and I just phoned up the box office and they said no tickets on sale till tomorrow. Anyway, I'm already booked in at the Gleneagle...

Peter

***EDIT*** Scrap that, just got a couple of tickets. Fab. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem! Thats one less ticket to worry about tomorrow at 9 then!

lux girl
December 12, 2008, 09:06 AM
Got my Tickets for Galway!!
All I have to do now is wait!

iamalivingsinger
December 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
Its so hard to believe he is coming to leisureland. Its hard to believe an actual huge musical act is coming to galway city nobody decent comes out west. Its always fucking dublin that gets all the great bands. Still fair play to him for remembering the place. But leisureland does not look like the place to host morrissey . It looks like a community centre beside a swimming pool across from a beach. Its tiny inside, and was home to many teenage discos and science fairs. I can't imagine the same room housed the smiths once upon a time. Punky do you have any photos of the gig back in 84, what was it like?

Still im going and its great. wahey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish Budd
December 12, 2008, 09:19 AM
Got sorted for tickets.Does anyone have any ideas on how to pass the next 4 months away quickly?

craiggannon
December 12, 2008, 09:26 AM
got me tkts for Galway,Omagh and Belfast:guitar::guitar::guitar:

Dan133269
December 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
Its so hard to believe he is coming to leisureland. Its hard to believe an actual huge musical act is coming to galway city nobody decent comes out west. Its always fucking dublin that gets all the great bands. Still fair play to him for remembering the place. But leisureland does not look like the place to host morrissey . It looks like a community centre beside a swimming pool across from a beach. Its tiny inside, and was home to many teenage discos and science fairs. I can't imagine the same room housed the smiths once upon a time. Punky do you have any photos of the gig back in 84, what was it like?

Still im going and its great. wahey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw he was playing Galway the thought actually crossed my mind, I wonder if he'll play in Wateford :D fat chance though.
I had a nasty nasty surprise this morning when I woke up at 10 am, nothing like that feeling of unadulterated panic! thankfully got tickets to both shows, never so relieved in all my life :)

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
Killarney, Galway and Manchester 2nd night :)

Dan133269
December 12, 2008, 10:21 AM
Killarney, Galway and Manchester 2nd night :)

Killarney, Galway, Manchester 1st and 2nd nights ;)
Still think he's gonna announce a Dublin concert, at the o2 me thinks

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 10:22 AM
When I saw he was playing Galway the thought actually crossed my mind, I wonder if he'll play in Wateford :D fat chance though.
I had a nasty nasty surprise this morning when I woke up at 10 am, nothing like that feeling of unadulterated panic! thankfully got tickets to both shows, never so relieved in all my life :)

In bed at 3.30 am, up at 7 am, into work for tickets for 9am.

Dead man walking...

Dan133269
December 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
In bed at 3.30 am, up at 7 am, into work for tickets for 9am.

Dead man walking...

that's dedication man!
p.s. what's with having to go into work to get internet access? :p

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 10:38 AM
Got a virus on the home computer and don't want to risk my credit card on it :)

punky
December 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
Killarney, Galway, Liverpool, London....:)

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
Killarney, Galway, Manchester 1st and 2nd nights ;)
Still think he's gonna announce a Dublin concert, at the o2 me thinks

Well done on Manchester 1st night. See you at 1, 2 and 4. Not convinced about Publin gig, but fingers and all else crossed :)

Killarney, Galway, Liverpool, London....:)

See you at the first two, and possibly the last :)

cossy
December 12, 2008, 11:44 AM
Well done on Manchester 1st night. See you at 1, 2 and 4. Not convinced about Publin gig, but fingers and all else crossed :)

See you at the first two, and possibly the last :)

Ok you guys have Ireland covered I will do the North

Omagh Belfast and Manchester 23rd

cossy

joe frady
December 12, 2008, 03:37 PM
Sorry bhoys, no Dublin this time out ~
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_081212_03 :(
Oh well, couldn't have afforded it anyhow after this mornings damage ;)

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 04:43 PM

BOLLIX!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

Thanks for update, Joe.

Uncleskinny
December 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
BOLLIX!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

Thanks for update, Joe.

Which reminds me of a joke I heard yesterday.

What's the difference between a crane and a giraffe?

A crane has hydraulics, and a giraffe has high bollix.

I'll get me coat.

Peter

cossy
December 12, 2008, 05:12 PM

Sure we Dubs have been spoiled for gigs over Mozs career. Maybe later in the year

cossy

punky
December 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
Very good deals on hotels in Galway and Salthill on www.bookings.net

Salthill is a sea-side town with lots of very good B and Bs and there are a few hostels in Galway City. Great pubs in and around Quay Street.

Hope this helps.

Punky:)

I am a Ghost
December 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
Which reminds me of a joke I heard yesterday.

What's the difference between a crane and a giraffe?

A crane has hydraulics, and a giraffe has high bollix.

I'll get me coat.

Peter

Excellent :)

What's the difference between a Dyson and a sailor in the Irish Navy?

One is a sucker that never fails....

IGMC

joe frady
December 12, 2008, 06:00 PM
Sure we Dubs have been spoiled for gigs over Mozs career. Maybe later in the year

cossy
I'm thinking a Christmas 2009 residency at Vicar St. :guitar:
Should've paid off todays bunch by then at least :o

Irish Budd
December 12, 2008, 09:33 PM

cossy

Ye have for sure.Now ye will know what it's been like for the rest over the years.:D
On a serious note it's a shame.He might double back for a festival during the summer...Oxygen...shudder..

the beast
December 12, 2008, 09:37 PM
Ye have for sure.Now ye will know what it's been like for the rest over the years.:D
On a serious note it's a shame.He might double back for a festival during the summer...Oxygen...shudder..

you can spend your money or something better now;);)

mozzerdimpaler
December 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
No dublin date seemingly but electric picnic next september instead.

sweet and tender hooligan
December 12, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ah i was hoping he was gonna do Dublin. Oh well:(

Irish Budd
December 12, 2008, 10:14 PM
you can spend your money or something better now;);)

Hi Beast.

Thanks for the advice.
I think I may have taken a photo of your flag at the Dublin Castle concert in 2004.If I'm not mistaken did Morrissey say "Hello Liverpool" in a scouse accent during the concert when he saw your "there is a light that never goes out" flag?

No dublin date seemingly but electric picnic next september instead.

Can you let us know where you heard this?
Thanks

punky
December 12, 2008, 10:18 PM
Ryanair have lots and lots of flights to Shannon. There is a direct bus link with Bus Eireann (Irish Bus) directly outside the arrivals door. Takes about 90 minutes to Galway city. Local bus takes 5 minutes from Eyre Square to Salthill and the gig. Alternatively, Bus Eireann run buses from Killarney to Galway. They cross the broad and majestic Shannon at Tarbert on the ferry and take you into County Clare and on to Galway.

Other things about Galway:

You must go to McDonagh's Fish and Chip Shop in Quay Street
You must have a pint of plain Guinness in Naughtons in Quay Street
Charlie Byrne's Bookshop is also a must.

Hope this helps.

mozzerdimpaler
December 12, 2008, 10:40 PM
The no Dublin notice is on here

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news

What a kick in the teeth for the Dublin fans who supported him through thick and thin.Im told the smiths/Morrissey have sold more albums in Dublin than the rest of the island together three times over.:mad:

mozzerdimpaler
December 12, 2008, 10:42 PM
for electric picnic a friend just told me who works for atkein/Pod promotions who are doing the irish tour. Said more than likely electric picnic next september instead in stradbally co laois.

Assassin
December 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
The no Dublin notice is on here

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news

What a kick in the teeth for the Dublin fans who supported him through thick and thin.Im told the smiths/Morrissey have sold more albums in Dublin than the rest of the island together three times over.:mad:

Oh come on...it's not like he's never going to play Dublin ever again.
He needs to take breaks now and again, so when he returns it's abit more fresh.

I'm pretty annoyed that I won't be able to hear the new stuff for a while...but then again Ireland is not Dublin.

Irish Budd
December 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
Ryanair have lots and lots of flights to Shannon. There is a direct bus link with Bus Eireann (Irish Bus) directly outside the arrivals door. Takes about 90 minutes to Galway city. Local bus takes 5 minutes from Eyre Square to Salthill and the gig. Alternatively, Bus Eireann run buses from Killarney to Galway. They cross the broad and majestic Shannon at Tarbert on the ferry and take you into County Clare and on to Galway.

Other things about Galway:

You must go to McDonagh's Fish and Chip Shop in Quay Street
You must have a pint of plain Guinness in Naughtons in Quay Street
Charlie Byrne's Bookshop is also a must.

Hope this helps.

It certainly does help.Will be hoping to visit those three fine establishments listed above whilst in town.
Here's a few links that might help with transport for those who are coming over for the concerts.

http://www.buseireann.ie/
http://www.irishrail.ie/home/
http://www.translink.co.uk/atulsterbus.asp
http://www.belfastairport.com/en/
http://www.dublinairport.com/
http://www.shannonairport.com/
http://www.irelandwestairport.com/
http://www.corkairport.com/index.asp

mozzerdimpaler
December 13, 2008, 04:04 AM
Found on some info tonight, Morrissey has had a row with the promoters over the Dublin venue and has "thrown his dummy out of the pram " by pulling out of the gig altogether as a barganing tool.

Th economics of it mean that if he goes ahead and doesnt play Dublin he probably wont play Galway and Killarney either.

Noel68
December 13, 2008, 11:13 AM
the place to go after the gig is the roisin dubh in dominck street.if theres any chance of some morrissey tunes this is the place you will hear them.best club/pub in town.no cover charge.these charming men played there last night.

Noel68
December 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
i dont see the big deal about not playing dublin,i mean he always plays there right?omagh,belfast or anywhere else isnt that far away these days and some new venues are nice change.....

Uncleskinny
December 13, 2008, 11:23 AM
Found on some info tonight, Morrissey has had a row with the promoters over the Dublin venue and has "thrown his dummy out of the pram " by pulling out of the gig altogether as a barganing tool.

Th economics of it mean that if he goes ahead and doesnt play Dublin he probably wont play Galway and Killarney either.

Without sources, this is pure hearsay. Can you verify this?

Peter

mozzerdimpaler
December 13, 2008, 02:10 PM
obviously cannot say the persons name as she maybe sacked especially in the present climate,but very reliable source.

Ben Chill
December 14, 2008, 02:31 AM
Baile Átha Cliath is not the world.

wasskies
December 14, 2008, 02:58 AM
tickets got for galway saw him this year in dublin moz is the man

wasskies
December 14, 2008, 03:03 AM
just as well harvey norman is doing a deal on satnavs the dubs might find galway and killarney just kidding (up the west)

mozzerdimpaler
December 15, 2008, 03:49 AM
There will want to be some Dubs there to prop up the locals who wont be able to half fill the place.

monday
December 16, 2008, 11:29 PM

"Indeed I was"

Joy.

Peter

:D Small town syndrome,they don't forget things too easily in Mullingar.You sure you weren't 'Plastered'?

New O2(formerly Point depot) opened last nite,surprised Moz hasn't chosen to play it,he enjoyed the gig here in 2004...

mozzerdimpaler
December 18, 2008, 02:45 AM
big,now a 14,000 venue.

craiggannon
December 24, 2008, 07:54 AM
just wandering(or should that be wondering)around the Irish gigs,is there anybody travelling to all of them ?

Dan133269
December 25, 2008, 01:50 AM
just wandering(or should that be wondering)around the Irish gigs,is there anybody travelling to all of them ?

I'm sure there are. Personally I'm not going to the Belfast and Omagh dates due to financial reasons. In saying that though going to the Belfast gig wouldn't have been too pricey, dunno how much a bus eireann return to Belfast from Dub is but I think they now run 24 hours, all you would have to do is pay for concert ticket, sandwich and bus ticket :D assuming of course you are from Dublin or have a contact there who you could crash with. The latter would have been my plan ;)

You going to all 4?

craiggannon
December 30, 2008, 07:31 AM
I'm sure there are. Personally I'm not going to the Belfast and Omagh dates due to financial reasons. In saying that though going to the Belfast gig wouldn't have been too pricey, dunno how much a bus eireann return to Belfast from Dub is but I think they now run 24 hours, all you would have to do is pay for concert ticket, sandwich and bus ticket :D assuming of course you are from Dublin or have a contact there who you could crash with. The latter would have been my plan ;)

You going to all 4?

yeah i'm going to the 4 gigs,decided to take a week off work .Planning on driving to the gigs cause the public transport is shite,and no actually i'm not from dublin,from the sunny southeast.

Crash into my arms
December 30, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm only going to Belfast, would have loved to go to all the gigs...

emma1979
January 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
anyone going:mad::)

the beast
January 24, 2009, 04:39 PM

that's a peculiar range of emotions:confused:

I am a Ghost
January 24, 2009, 05:03 PM

I'm sure there are....

that's a peculiar range of emotions:confused:

Isn't that what Morrissey inspires ;)

punky
January 25, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yes indeed. Roll on April.

Punky:guitar:

arkady
February 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
i've got a ticket for galway, yay! don't know what to expect tho.. is it a small and intimate or a huge gig place? i'll be travelling from dublin alone so if someone needs a friend, i'm available ;)

PeterTwo
February 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
i've got a ticket for galway, yay! don't know what to expect tho.. is it a small and intimate or a huge gig place? i'll be travelling from dublin alone so if someone needs a friend, i'm available ;)

I heard the venue is TINY! The Smiths played there while promoting the debut lp.

I'm going to Killarney!:D

arkady
February 14, 2009, 10:36 PM
I heard the venue is TINY! The Smiths played there while promoting the debut lp.

I'm going to Killarney!:D

omg, tiny venue? now i'm excited!
oh killarney, nearly got the tickets to there, too. but then again maybe galway is a big enough adventure for me ;)
i hope you'll enjoy killarney gig!

punky
February 15, 2009, 09:06 PM
The Smiths played in Leisureland to promote Hatful of Hollow.
I know...cos I was there!

:lbf:

punky
February 15, 2009, 09:08 PM
Leisureland is a 1,000 capacity venue, by the sea.
Killarney is circa 4,000 capacity. ;)

Poppy Full
February 16, 2009, 12:20 AM
Leisureland is a 1,000 capacity venue, by the sea.
Killarney is circa 4,000 capacity. ;)

You don't happen to know the capacity of Omagh Leisure Centre, by any chance? :blushing: It's proving to be a bit of an enigma...

Bluebirds
February 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
I'm off to Dusseldorf on Wednesday for a week of karnival (sic) and being sick and will confer with my mate about the possibilty of doing the Irish dates.... which means I'll prob go to both

There are still tix available on Ticketmater.ie but the Northern Irish dates are sold out.

emma1979
March 23, 2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone know how big the venue is, if u have been before:blushing:

johngill
March 26, 2009, 04:31 PM
Just a month to go - anybody actually staying at the Gleneagle? Myself and Mrs G are staying Monday and Tuesday before heading off down to Kenmare for the rest of the week.

Uncleskinny
March 26, 2009, 04:55 PM
Just a month to go - anybody actually staying at the Gleneagle? Myself and Mrs G are staying Monday and Tuesday before heading off down to Kenmare for the rest of the week.

Myself and a few other soloers are taying at the Gleneagle.

Peter

johngill
March 26, 2009, 09:07 PM
Great - hopefully we'll catch up for a jar at some point.

I am a Ghost
March 26, 2009, 09:20 PM

Peter

No "tay" or coffee for me, Peter, tanks. "Points" ;)

M-in-Oz
March 27, 2009, 03:36 AM

Peter

I'm staying at a Hostel - budget couldn't quite stretch to afford staying at the Gleneagle. But very much looking forward to seeing Morrissey in Killarney.

emma1979
April 22, 2009, 05:52 PM
anyone pm me

I am a Ghost
April 22, 2009, 05:57 PM
anyone pm me

No one takes a drink in Ireland, Emma!

emma1979
April 22, 2009, 07:10 PM
ah they do me in suuny south east lol :p

bored
April 22, 2009, 07:14 PM
Well.. I WANT to meet up for a drink in Dublin.. but it's a bit out of the way. If anyone is going that way and can give me a ride from Boston let me know.

:yum:

Jose
April 22, 2009, 07:25 PM
Well.. I WANT to meet up for a drink in Dublin.. but it's a bit out of the way. If anyone is going that way and can give me a ride from Boston let me know.

Sure, I'll pick you up on the way from Amsterdam! :cool:

Kewpie
April 22, 2009, 07:31 PM

Sure, I'll pick you up on the way from Amsterdam! :cool:

Wooo, have fun! :)

Dan133269
April 23, 2009, 02:27 AM
I'm staying at a Hostel - budget couldn't quite stretch to afford staying at the Gleneagle. But very much looking forward to seeing Morrissey in Killarney.

ditto! stayed in hostel in killarney last time too and it was fine!

ah they do me in suuny south east lol :p
and in the south, east, west and north :lbf:

M-in-Oz
April 23, 2009, 04:34 AM
waiting for plane to Dublin at the moment...feel like its been such a long journey already! But so excited about seeing Morrissey in Killarney. Will there be either a pre/post meetup?

craiggannon
April 23, 2009, 08:24 AM
anyone pm me

heres another one from the sunny south east heading down to Killarney on Tuesday,and will be having liquid refreshments on arrival:)

I am a Ghost
April 23, 2009, 09:24 AM
I, and several friends, will be in the bar, with our collective heads on the bar.

Sharron Needles
April 23, 2009, 11:43 AM
It sucks because we got a hire car in Ireland for for like £50 total, but because we are dropping it off in NI, it's like £70,967.00 with the drop-off fee. :angry:

emma1979
April 23, 2009, 10:40 PM
heres another one from the sunny south east heading down to Killarney on Tuesday,and will be having liquid refreshments on arrival:)

you driving down :thumb:

craiggannon
April 24, 2009, 07:08 AM
you driving down :thumb:

yep!driving to all 4 irish gigs(i've pm'd you)