NME's Conor McNicholas wants to piss Morrissey off

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Here's an extract from the OMM Magazine (today's Observer) in an article about the NME...

"Staff are wary of making eye contact with me (Eva Wiseman, journalist), but the atmosphere is bullish. Last December, Morrissey claimed that the NME was trying to 'misstate, misreport, misquote, misinterpret, falsify, and incite the bloodthirsty' after remarks attributed to him on immigration were splashed across its cover. The legal battle is ongoing - but today, the editor is mischievously contemplating a feature on Rough Trade Records, The Smiths' alma mater. 'I like the idea of Morrissey on the cover,' he smiles, 'He can't block it, can he? No. Good.'

The article goes on to talk about the NMEs dwindling paper sales, and the lack of writers of the quality of Morley, Parsons and Burchill.

Also, in the same issue, there's a nice full page article by Paul Morley on Band reunions. Guess what the main subject is? I'll get a scan up soon.

Peter

jesuisbryony posted about it on Smiths reformation thread.

Thank you very much Peter. :)

jesuisbryony posted about it on Smiths reformation thread.

Thank you very much Peter. :)

Ah well, have a scan anyway.

25kkbx2.jpg

Peter

" his mysterious scrotum "
:D:D:D

Morrissey and Johnny are still only in their 40s. They've still got time. :D

Another much appreciated scan,
THANKYOU :)

I feel very old

Paul Morley 'writes' for the nme? Sweet jesus. I'm so glad they pissed Moz off, thusly forcing me to set fire to and denounce the rag.

Are you in your early twenties?

Paul Morley, Julie Burchill, Tony Persons, David Quantick etc started as NME contributors.

Re: I feel very old

Paul Morley, Julie Burchill, Tony Persons, David Quantick etc started as NME contributors.

No mate *siiigh*

Sounds plausable, i have some vauge memory of his face, but then nausea takes over...urrrgh it does. Maybe we did the dirty tango together once, i blackout sometimes due to masses of alchohol.

Re: I feel very old

*Parsons :o. He writes for the Mirror now I think.

Back
Top Bottom