PDA

View Full Version : 'Shame is the Name': brand new Moz song with Chrissie Hynde backing vocals!

Maurice E
October 31, 2008, 08:25 AM
Surely this deserves its own thread?
So, long-time Moz mate Chrissie Hynde records her second song with Moz. The first being My Love Life just 17 years ago!
She also featured in the Sing Your Life video.
'Shame is the Name' wasn't listed on the Warner Chappell site. Wonder who wrote the music, plus how many more 'unknown' songs have been recorded.
Intriguing stuff!

jesuisbryony
October 31, 2008, 10:55 AM
Some speedy person's already added it to the Wikipedia page and apparently it was written by Jesse Tobias (dun dun dun :p).

spacehopper
October 31, 2008, 11:40 AM
wasn't Shame the name of his dog ?

Wozzer
October 31, 2008, 11:45 AM

Was it really?

The title of the song gives the notion that the song might contain some good lyrical sontent. :guitar:

Uncleskinny
October 31, 2008, 11:50 AM

Indeed.

Peter

Kewpie
October 31, 2008, 11:58 AM
The dog in Importance of Being Morrissey belonged to Morrissey's friend.

The Cat's Mother
October 31, 2008, 12:02 PM

What a rotten thing to call your dog! :eek:

Maurice E
October 31, 2008, 01:07 PM
Some speedy person's already added it to the Wikipedia page and apparently it was written by Jesse Tobias (dun dun dun :p).

cool. thanks for letting us know. is that the main Wiki page? couldn't see it in Years of Refusal section.
surprised that Hynde can actually record with Moz and no-one knows til the news is announced officially. hopefully there'll be a few more similar surprises in store as we hear more about the record.
also shows that Moz is still writing with Tobias. initially looked like all the new songs were gonna be Morrissey/Whyte compositions...

Not Right in the Head
October 31, 2008, 01:37 PM
Wait--this isn't a poll? :confused: :p

jesuisbryony
October 31, 2008, 01:38 PM
cool. thanks for letting us know. is that the main Wiki page? couldn't see it in Years of Refusal section.
surprised that Hynde can actually record with Moz and no-one knows til the news is announced officially. hopefully there'll be a few more similar surprises in store as we hear more about the record.
also shows that Moz is still writing with Tobias. initially looked like all the new songs were gonna be Morrissey/Whyte compositions...

It was on the page for I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris but like lots of things on Wikipedia it's probably rubbish.
Also, it said on the main page last time I looked that he's doing a duet with Kristeen Young on her new album which I really doubt.

Maurice E
October 31, 2008, 02:32 PM
Wait--this isn't a poll? :confused: :p

Hmm, you've just given me an idea!

Not Right in the Head
October 31, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm, you've just given me an idea!

:doh: :p

bored
October 31, 2008, 02:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Throwing_My_Arms_Around_Paris

Boz has a few tracks recorded too as he said in a recent interview that I believe was linked on the main page.