Taking pictures at Moz shows

gf in a coma

:mad:
Fans were told cameras were not allowed for these concerts yet still there are those who feel the rules do not apply to them and sneak them in.

I understand wanting to sneak out your cell phone and snap a few picks of your fav artist but it really is the utmost of rude to be snapping away with flash every 3 seconds as this woman was doing last night center stage 2-3 peeps from the barrier.

She literally snapped one every couple seconds. The camera and her arm held high blocked the views of many 10 pack holders and was very distracting. I am not the only one upset.

It was probably me. I try not to hold my camera up the entire time and only do so when I see a good photo op, but I guess it doesn't always work out that way.

Sorry if it annoyed you, but "I am not the only one upset" made me chuckle - like you led a committee meeting about this serious issue or something, heh.

It was serious to us that paid 1000 for the ten shows. Please be aware there are others around that followed the rules and would like to enjoy the show too.

It was serious to us that paid 1000 for the ten shows. Please be aware there are others around that followed the rules and would like to enjoy the show too.

Totally agreed. If you sneak something in, do it low-pro. I know it's hard to pass up on a great pic for some more bootleg shirts, but seriously, people gotta tone it down. Especially when you're that close up.

BTW, if you paid 1000 clams for that, you have to get the other person to pay their share! I told my boys before-hand there were plenty of 10 packs available and that there was no need to charge it all on my card. Before I know it, they'll buy me drinks and other things that I had no plan on buying anyway - "This is partially for the tickets man!!!"

aturkeykramer.jpg

I agree. I went to a show where someone did that the entire time. I wanted to kick them!

I agree too.
I wish mobile phones would be banned from gigs totally.
Why can't people just enjoy the moment?
A memory that lives on in your head is so much better than a crappy poor quality pic from a bloody mobile phone!
And as for calling your mate when you're at a gig and screaming "Listen to this !" STOP IT RIGHT NOW !

I paid for the ten-show package, too. And honestly I do put my camera down between shots, because I too get bothered when people hold their cameras up the entire time. I do try to be conscious of it, and haven't had anyone around me at the shows complain to me yet. If someone (even you, "Jim Rome") ever tells me at a show that my camera is obstructing their view I will happily put it down/move it out of their way. If this is the case during any of the rest of the Palladium shows please feel free to tell me so.

I paid for the ten-show package, too. And honestly I do put my camera down between shots, because I too get bothered when people hold their cameras up the entire time. I do try to be conscious of it, and haven't had anyone around me at the shows complain to me yet. If someone (even you, "Jim Rome") ever tells me at a show that my camera is obstructing their view I will happily put it down/move it out of their way. If this is the case during any of the rest of the Palladium shows please feel free to tell me so.

That's very classy of you April. :) And your pictures are to die for! I really appreciate them.

That's very classy of you April. :) And your pictures are to die for! I really appreciate them.

Heh, thanks. I mean, I am concerned about getting good pictures because I enjoy taking them and I like to have the memories (and share them with others), but I'm not trying to be a total dick about it. I hope if any of you are around me and my camera (which is a tiny point-and-shoot, for real) is blocking your view you will let me know. I'm a pretty polite person and am not going to be a jerk about it. I'm not trying to ruin the show for anyone else.

It was probably me. I try not to hold my camera up the entire time and only do so when I see a good photo op, but I guess it doesn't always work out that way.

Sorry if it annoyed you, but "I am not the only one upset" made me chuckle - like you led a committee meeting about this serious issue or something, heh.

lets share the blame april.

i try not to go over board on the pics. i was surprised that i didn't last night.

i apologize for being in the way of others. i'll try refrain myself from taking so many pics for these last shows.

I agree, April, please keep taking the pics. I'm sorry, I don't agree with the original poster. Digital cameras and cell phones are kind of equivalent in my book. A guy next to me had his camera held up almost the whole friggen show. What's the diff? At least April is sharing her pics with the rest of us...I don't think most people are being that generous. I was next to people who were talking on their cell phones during the show. I think that's worse.

When I saw that April girl there she had a big Super 8 camera and lighting equipment and kept holding up murals of Elvis. She ruined me.

Only kidding April. I know what you mean. I didn't want to block anyone's view with my book or picture. I apologize to anyone who couldn't see that charming man because of me.

Hmmm... Maybe I should bring a velvet Elvis...

Even if cameras were allowed at concerts (and I will go on record as stating that I am very glad that they're not), I still would not take any pictures during the show. I prefer to be completely in the moment, without anything distracting me from the reason that I'm at the concert to begin with--to enjoy the music, and the performance.

. I prefer to be completely in the moment, without anything distracting me from the reason that I'm at the concert to begin with--to enjoy the music, and the performance.

Well said.
The perfect answer :)

I prefer to capture the moments on film (er, well, a memory card), although hopefully not at the expense of others' enjoyment.

Diff'rent strokes and all that.

Another thing that most people do not realize is that you have a decent chance of getting a BETTER image without a flash at a show than you do with a flash. This is especially true at a concert.

I agree, . Digital cameras and cell phones are kind of equivalent in my book. A guy next to me had his camera held up almost the whole friggen show. What's the diff?

There is none. They both are wrong. I don't believe I said phones were ok either.

However, I can only speak for my experiance and I saw polite folk taking a few pictures with their cell and putting them away and this woman snapping non stop. Taking at least 100 with a banned camera. Probably double that.

I saw the pics they are lovely. But they can be taken from the back or balcony just as well with a zoom.

I brought a teeny, tiny, pack of cards sized point and shoot into a couple of shows. I got some good shots at the Knoxville show. But when I'm behind the camera, I go into tunnel vision and can't even hear what's going on around me. So I took a few and put it away- maybe someday if I was granted a photo pass and could bring in a real camera, I would go for it, but then I wouldn't even be able to hear him, so maybe not. Maybe if he paid me. ;)

Anyway, it's a total waste of time to try to take a picture with a cellphone. Even a point and shoot needs to be manipulated- you must turn off the flash- they only reach 8-12 feet anyway- and set the camera to deliberately underexpose by at least a stop and a third. I think i got my shots at Knoxville with the camera set to underexpose by two full stops, then adjusted in photoshop. You also need an ISO setting of 800- 1600 would be better, but most point and shoots don't go to 1600 and the amount of grain will probably be unacceptable.

Ok... sorry, just went into photo geek mode. Anyway... if you need any help with the camera you plan to bring, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom