tickets for cancelled shows won't be honored this week for 10-series holders

somegirl

i emailed live nation for clarification on how the tickets for 10/2 and 10/4 will be honored this week (i was going to take friends with my 'cancelled' tickets).... according to the email i received back, those tickets will *only* be honored this week for those who had *individual* tickets for 10/2 and 10/4. the 10-series ticketholders will get a refund, but their 10/2 and 10/4 tickets will be void at the door on 10/8 and 10/9. live nation was supposed to post a correction, but i thought i should pass the word along....

Yeah, I know... Which is really shit cause I was buying last Tues. and Thurs. tickets from some friends that couldn't make those nights, but can make them this week, so now I'm screwed because I couldn't get the 10 pack when they went on sale. Monday I can't go anyways, but Tues would be nice, but the main issue being I can only do early entry. Maybe they just won't look at the ticket. They didn't Sat. night.

Oh, and btw, I did but a regular ticket for Tues on principal, but I am still looking for a spesh ticket for that night, so give me a bell...

Forgive me, but I am not sure about this. I have read over 20 items on this subject and saw the sign myself at the palladium which said nothing regarding the 10 pack ones not being accepted for the cancelled shows. If it is true Live nation and the palladium neglected to tell us. Thus I hope they will not turn peeps away.

yeah, i never saw anything anywhere that said 10-series tickets wouldn't be honored, but that's what the live nation rep told me. i even responded back for clarification again, and copied the text from their website in my email, but they again replied that those tickets would be no good. i suggested to them that they do a press release or something, but i haven't seen anything. if you have concerns, i would suggest contacting them. seems like there might be a lot of confusion tonight about this.

Ok I am confused. I sold my thursday "cancelled night" tix to someone. Are you saying tyhey won't get in?? Oh my god!!

That's exactly it. Since you bought a ten pack, then you obviously have tickets for tonight and Tues, so they automatically refund you, and thus the tickets are void.

I have tried in vain. Tickmaster will not talk to me and I called the only number I could find for live nation 1800-431-3462 and she said she only sells tix. When I asked to be transfered to someone that would know about the problem she said there is no one to transfer me too. :mad:

Hmmm I obviosly SOLD all my unwanted nights of my ten pack! Now I am a heel as I sold bad tix unknowingly! I called tm and got nowhere and I emailed live nation and TOLD THEM I have the 10 series and he said "all tix are good the 8th and 9th". But I don't think he knows what the 10 series is!!!

With all due respect and I believe all of you as I think ticketmaster and live nation suck! Below is a cut and paste of my email dialoge between me and live nation. As you can see I tend to lose my temper. He said they will honor ten packs on the 8th and 9th dated the 2nd or 4th! :)
Live Nation Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please respond to this message.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
morrissey

Discussion Thread
Response (Jim) 10/08/2007 02:22 PM
Hi ,

Yes - the tickets you have for the shows from the 10/02 & 10/04 shows may be used for entrance to the shows on 10/08 and 10/09. This includes individuals who purchased the 10 pack as well.

Sincerely,
LiveNation.com Customer Service
Customer 10/08/2007 02:14 PM
your answer does not adress the true issue as I have the ten pack,.
Everyone and their mother has allready heard what you just said but I have
the 10 pack!!!

Ok then put this in a sentance-"We will honor even the 10 pack series
dated oct 4th for Oct 8 or 9th as I don't think you know what I am talking
about!!!!!

Live Nation Support said:
Response (Jim) 10/08/2007 01:51 PM
Hi ,

Thank you for contacting LiveNation.com Customer Service with your inquiry!

The Morrissey shows on October 02 and October 04, 2007 at the Hollywood Palladium were cancelled. Due to this, anyone who had tickets for these dates are able to use them for entry to either the October 08 or October 09, 2007 shows. This information was provided by Live Nation to all authorized ticketing companies handling the sales for these events. I apologize that your authorized point of purchase did not contact you with this information.

Sincerely,
Customer 10/08/2007 10:24 AM
I hear you will not be honoring morrissey tix dated 10/4 for 10/8 or 10/9 if they are part of the 10 pack.

You never said such a thing prior and I have a photo of the Palladium sign and it does not say this.
Please advise!

Question Reference #071008-000034
Category Level 1: Concert Questions
Category Level 2: CA
Category Level 3: Other
Date Created: 10/08/2007 10:24 AM
Last Updated: 10/08/2007 02:22 PM

Last edited:
Whats even more annoying I think is the fact that they offered up the $25 tickets .. that essentially takes away our "free" show from the 10 pack and makes it a $75 ticket..

Live Nation should be held accountable write their ceo at

[email protected]

But.. VIVA MOZ!

last night before the show was completely unorganized. they eventually got it down to this:

whoever had the single ticket for last tuesday and thursday and the orange ticket would be able to get in monday and tuesday.

whoever had the 10 ticket package wouldn't get anything special besides what they paid for.

the 10 ticket package would still go in first. they don't need the orange ticket because they would be going to all the shows anyway.

The special tickets for tuesday and thursday would be void for any other day because whoever got them would get an automatic refund for those tickets.

I can't remember if there was anything else. I hope I was able to info those who needed to know.

I really want to comprehend what you are saying but none of it makes sense. Please clarify your experiance.

Last edited:
I just searched the net and saw something else. Are you trying to say that they are honoring the cancelled shows series tix from last week this week if those ten series folk ALSO had and orange tix?

Meaning they had to show up LAST week?

Hmm some people heard about the cancellation prior and did not bother getting these "orange " tix

The orange ticket was given away as a voucher to use on monday and tuesday for those who had single date tickets.

Whoever bought the ten tix package will get the money refunded back to them as last tuesday and thursday's tix are voided.

Having the ten package tickets combined with an orange voucher wont get anyone in the venue any faster or any sooner then anyone else.

I know that people can do what they want with the tickets, i'm not telling anyone what to do. It was assumed that whoever bought tix for all ten nights would go to all ten. That's all.

If you were able to go in with last week's voided tix last night, more power to you. It just means that security isn't the best at the palladium. Take advantage of it. If I knew that had happened would have given my voided tix to other people also.

Well I have been royally &*#$ up the ass by live Nation. I assummed that my friend got in as live nation above SAID he would and my friend never contacted me telling me he DID NOT get in .

Well he just called and you guys are right and live nation, ticketmaster and the Palladium misled us all. The signs and the press releases should have said the series tix would not be honored!

They definately turned him away with the 10/2/07 series tix on the 8th.
He just bought another pair that minute.

I will delete any posts that may confuse others.

Thanks for all your guidance. I was desparate to find the right answer for the people I sold the tix too.

got this todat a day AFTER he said I could use the 10 pack see above!

Live Nation Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please respond to this message.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
morrissey

Discussion Thread
Response (Jim) 10/09/2007 11:58 AM
Hi ,

Again, my sincerest apologies for providing you with the information I received yesterday.

In following up with our Ticketing Department again this morning, I was provided with clarification regarding the different types of tickets and how the tickets for the cancelled October 02 & October 04 shows were being handled based on the type of purchase. 10 Pack vs. Individual tickets.

It is not our policy to provide incorrect information to our guests, and again, I apologize to you and your guest.

Sincerest regards,
Jim
Customer 10/09/2007 11:44 AM
I new that . That is why I wrote you . But you told me the opposite. I
trusted you and posted on several message boards what you said. Many
people treked down there on my/your word and were turned away.

Live Nation Support said:

Last edited:
does anyone have a ticket for tonights show that they wanna sell? I need one.

The Morrissey shows at the Hollywood Palladium on Oct 2nd and Oct 4th were canceled.

If you bought individual tickets for either of these two nights you may use that ticket to attend either the Oct 8th OR Oct 9th performance. If you can not make it to one of those two performances then you can receive a refund at your point of purchase for the original date.

If you purchased a 10-pack for the complete run of shows your Oct 2nd and Oct 4th ticket will NOT be valid. Those two tickets will automatically be refunded back to the card of the original purchaser.

10-pack customers are to use their correct ticket for the Oct 8th or Oct 9th show.

If you purchased your tickets through a third party (Tickets.com, ebay, stubhub, etc) or any other ticket scalper you will have to go back to that party to receive your refund.

Live Nation apologizes for any confusion that was caused from these cancellations. Our goal is to try and make the customers informed to the best of our abilities.

Back
Top Bottom