Record stores in L.A

Irish Budd

Oh well.Enough said.
Hi all

Finally i'm all set to head to L.A. after a ticket scare.
Can anyone let me know any record stores that might be worth checking out.
I am staying in Pasadena and of course will be in the Hollywood area as well.

Thanks in advance.

Irish

well, there's the 2 virgin mega stores. one is one hollywood and highland, then there's one on sunset (i dont remember its cross street.)

there's amoeba music. it's down the street from the palladium. they have new and used movies, c.d.s records. they have an incredible selection of posters also.

if you have time, check out melrose ave. starting from la brea to about... i think fairfax. there are all sorts or interesting stores on that street.

i can't think of any others at the moment, but i'm dure that there are tins more.

Canterbury records, KOAS records in West Covina, not too far from Pasadena. Poobah records in Pasadena is way rad.
[email protected]

From Gin N Tonic Jil
Canterbury records, KOAS records in West Covina, not too far from Pasadena. Poobah records in Pasadena is way rad.

Poobah's is great...I was actually in there last friday...

ohhh and KOAS is great too...I used to go there alot when it was called Hot Rocks...I used to get all my MOZ stuff there back in the early 90's....

Thanks a million to all of you for the advice.
I'll try to get to as many of those stores as possible.(JET LAG WILLING)

Cheers

Irish

Poobah's is great...I was actually in there last friday...

ohhh and KOAS is great too...I used to go there alot when it was called Hot Rocks...I used to get all my MOZ stuff there back in the early 90's....

dito that! I used to go to KAOS when it was hot Rocks, i used to have al my past gf's get me gift certificates from them, it was the only record store worth it to get them at. I moved out of SGV a few years back, and I dont go in there anymore. Now it's prety much all about Amoeba and the Virgin on Sunset. I find the Highland one over crowded with tourist.

~Melrose music on Melrose is ok.
~Second Spin in Santa Monica is prety cool.

Back
Top Bottom