LA Palladium shows. Those traveling IMP. READ THIS!!!

fortbethel

Folks,

I've been on the ph. with agents at TM ALL FREAKIN morning! This is what's up. They're mailing your 2 day ups package on the 28th! U won't get your package until THE DAY OF THE FREAKIN 1st SHOW! I've been advised to find a UPS store or someone in LA to recieve my package. U also have to temporalily change your billing addy with your credit card comp. so that it matches your new temp. mailing addy in LA then give all this new info to TM by the 27! My visa people said they'd allow me to temp. change my billing addy 4 this reason. GET ON THIS FOLKS! Your tix r printed they're just waiting until the 28th to mail them out. TM doen't care if u get your package in Chicago THE DAY OF THE 1st SHOW! THIS IS SUCH A MESS! DAMM TM & LIVE NATION!

Why are they playing with our nerves like that??? Who do you need to talk to to get the tickets delivered somewhere else? TM? UPS?

I'm telling u folks. this is serious. I know I've slagged Moz off alot but I know exactly what I'm talking about here. Call ticketmaster. They'll tell u there will b no, 'Will Call' set up. HAVE YOUR TIX sent to a UPS store in LA. There's still time. This is a disater waiting to happen & u have a chance on not getting screwed. Live Nation may at the VERY last minute do some sort of Will call thing but I wouldn't take the chance. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Morrissey does end up cancelling these LA shows because of the mess this will become. I'm very very concerned.

Why are they playing with our nerves like that??? Who do you need to talk to to get the tickets delivered somewhere else? TM? UPS?

Don't call UPS. Ask your hotel/motel/ups store if they'll accept a package 4 u. If they say yes then get the motel/hotel/ups store addy. temp. change your current regestered addy with TM & your Credit card comp u bought the tix with with the hotel/motel/ups store addy. both mailing & billing addys need to b the same. Call around & find a UPS store in LA who's willing to work with u. I've already set mine up but seriously this will end up being a mess. I'm almost willing to bet $ Moz cancells if Live Nation at the last minute doesn't do a will call thing. I'm even predicting a possible riot. No wonder Morrissey said he had/has nothing to do with this shit.

Last edited:
I should be fine because I'm not leaving my home until the 5th. I will be fine, right?

joey,

This is only imp. 4 those people traveling 2 Cali from out of state & if they're doing the 10 night package. It's critical cuz if they don't do this they'll b recieving their tix on the very day the 1st show starts. In your case u should b fine.

wow. this is absolutely horrible. worse for the people traveling, yes, but bad for people living within so-cal as well who will be driving from other counties and need to leave early.

but wait, how do you know UPS won't ship it over night on friday (the 28th)? we did pay $20 for shipping, so it doesnt mean that it has to come on monday instead of saturday...UPS works on weekends too doesnt it?

wow. this is absolutely horrible. worse for the people traveling, yes, but bad for people living within so-cal as well who will be driving from other counties and need to leave early.

but wait, how do you know UPS won't ship it over night on friday (the 28th)? we did pay $20 for shipping, so it doesnt mean that it has to come on monday instead of saturday...UPS works on weekends too doesnt it?

I talked to 3 diff. reps at TM. They all said tix in our hands Mon. Oct 1st. This, 'close shave' is 4 real gang. I truly feel this will get ugly. Live Nation/TM can't at LEAST say/promise a will call as a last resort. THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT!

I'm not going to these shows and I don't mean to interfere or anything but this is what it says on the TM-site:

Packages will be delivered to customers via UPS on Friday, Sep 28 2007.

So, this has now been changed?
If it has, that is just terrible...
Good luck everyone!

Also, isn't TM's policy that you will recieve your tickets 48 hours before the event? If this is true, then they are violating their own rules! I have a package coming to me in Nashville, but like Joey I'm not going to be there until the 5th. I'm not worried about myself but this is ridiculous! There was so much confusion over the Hammerstein package and TM proved they were pretty clueless. I'm still thinking that we should expect them to be received on the 28th, not shipped out that day.

Here's what it says about UPS shipping in their help section:

If you are unable to track your ticket order via UPS.com or your tickets have not been printed yet, please contact customer support via the Ask a Question tab above, and we will address this issue, making alternate arrangements for you to receive your tickets, if necessary.

If your event is taking place in the next 24 hours, we recommend that you contact customer support via telephone, to ensure that your inquiry is addressed as quickly as possible. Check here for a list of contact numbers.

Well, I'm just sick 2 death of being kept on a bed of nails!

The Wilter shows.. Remember when they offered the 5 ticket package a few years back?! I got my tickets 3 weeks before the 1st show.

Still, I'd like to thank my final TM assistent, 'Tony' Bless his soul he knocked himself out to clear up most of my BULLSHIT red tape. We'll just see if I get my tix in time.

I know that's what it said when we bought the tickets, but I called them too to be sure, and that's exactly what they said: tickets will be SEND on the 28th NOT on overnight delivery, and of course they say they have nothing to do with it, the promoters are sending the tickets not them and it's impossible to contact them (the promoters) I tried to explain how ridiculous of a situation that is, but they insisted there's nothing they can do, and the only solution really is to change your billing adress to one in L.A. in order to get the tickets shipped there.

I know that's what it said when we bought the tickets, but I called them too to be sure, and that's exactly what they said: tickets will be SEND on the 28th NOT on overnight delivery, and of course they say they have nothing to do with it, the promoters are sending the tickets not them and it's impossible to contact them (the promoters) I tried to explain how ridiculous of a situation that is, but they insisted there's nothing they can do, and the only solution really is to change your billing adress to one in L.A. in order to get the tickets shipped there.

wow. shit so forbethel is right. this is ridiculous...the first night is going to be chaotic...

I will be traveling from my job in Tarzana, and my home in Chatsworth to Hollywood for all ten nights. That's nothing compared to where everyone else is coming from for the shows.

:)I cross my fingers and wish everyone luck for getting the tickets in time. hopefully ticketmaster wont screw anyone over. if they do... what kind of revenge can we think of to get ticketbastard back with?:D

Amaranta,

Thanks 4 backing up my info. I can't believe I'm thanking someone 4 comfirming bad news but I am. As I said people I know I've slagged Moz alot 'round here but deep down I really want these shows to happen. If we don't correct this awful mistake by, 'Live Nation' I'm afraid the shows will get cancelled. It's easy just have your package delivered somewhere in LA. Play it safe.

Amaranta,

If we don't correct this awful mistake by, 'Live Nation' I'm afraid the shows will get cancelled.

Sorry but that will never happen , no matter how many people get late or last minute tickets.
Not trying to make a bad situation worse, but i have to wonder , why didnt you think ahead about the stated delivery of the tickets ?
the delivery information & date were posted quite clearly on the site

Sorry but that will never happen , no matter how many people get late or last minute tickets.
Not trying to make a bad situation worse, but i have to wonder , why didnt you think ahead about the stated delivery of the tickets ?
the delivery information & date were posted quite clearly on the site

Joan,

I bought my package the 1st day they went on sale & TM said NOTHING about my recieving my package only 48 hours before the first show. They only said I would get them by 2nd day UPS & I had no choice but to pay $20 for it. It wasn't until LATER that they said on their website that I'd b recieving it HOURS before the 1st show. See my post above about the Wiltern package a few years back. THAT went well. THEY SCREWED UP BIG TIME THIS TIME!

LA 10 show pkg prob.: That's how LAZY sunbathers SCREW UP!

Mabye Moz will call them on it by changing the words to, 'That's How People Grow Up' to, 'That's How Lazy Sunbathers SCREW UP!'

Joan,

I bought my package the 1st day they went on sale & TM said NOTHING about my recieving my package only 48 hours before the first show. They only said I would get them by 2nd day UPS & I had no choice but to pay $20 for it. It wasn't until LATER that they said on their website that I'd b recieving it HOURS before the 1st show. See my post above about the Wiltern package a few years back. THAT went well. THEY SCREWED UP BIG TIME THIS TIME!

sorry but you are mistaken , the info was readily posted even BEFORE the sale began .
the only delivery option was 2nd day UPS to be sent on Sept 28.
It was rather clear , but in the haste to purchase these tickets, which by the way, were still available only a day ago , you missed this important information . It was done this way to discourage brokering of the tickets .

Last edited:
Joan,

sorry but you are mistaken , the info was readily posted even BEFORE the sale began .
the only delivery option was 2nd day UPS to be sent on Sept 28.
It was rather clear , but in the haste to purchase these tickets, which by the way, were still available only a day ago , you missed this important information . It was done this way to discourage brokering of the tickets .

Actually you're both wrong. What it says on TM where you buy the 10 show package, from the very first day of the sale until right now, is this:

Packages will be delivered to customers via UPS on Friday, Sep 28 2007

Bold emphasis mine.... delivered ON Sept 28 is very different from sent out on Sept 28th. Most people I'm sure who are coming from out of state would be leaving at some point over the weekend for the Monday show. So, having your tickets delievered on Friday the 28th wouldn't interfere with travel plans unless you were leaving for the Oct 1st LA show earlier than Friday evening.

Back
Top Bottom