New York bars

Can anyone recommend any bars in the Hammerstein vicinity.Was in the area (MSG in June) and didn't notice any. Cheers.

I'm very partial to O'Lunney's on W. 44th in Times Square. It's on a side street right around the corner from Planet Hollywood. If you don't mind wading through the crowded Times Square area to get to it, it's a cozy Irish bar/restaurant with AMAZING food (not just Irish but bit of everything for all tastes) and it's got a GIANT bar. Plus it's within walking distance from Hammerstein.

every sunday, there's the smiths/morrissey night at sway...from 10 pm - 4 am. grand way to close out the nyc shows for morrissey-solo members to meet.

sway lounge
305 spring street (b/w greenwich & hudson)

Can anyone recommend any bars in the Hammerstein vicinity.Was in the area (MSG in June) and didn't notice any. Cheers.

Heh.... He asked for bars....

Ok....

Stouts on 33rd between 7th and 8th.... Its on the North Side of the Manhattan Mall... I will probably be there before the Buffett concert tomorrow night.

If you go South on 7th avenue (street numbers decrease) there are a slew of bars near Penn Station. Mustang Sallys et all.

If you know your city... 8th avenue bars in the 40's past port authority. They are all in the area.

Side note for people spending the day... hit the subway and go downtown to West 4th. Around there you will find a lot of fun bars. Down the Hatch and Off the Wagon have the best wings in the city. They are sponsored by Atomic Wings. Going there before the Yankee game Wednesday. (My day is done at 3) (Supposed to be there tonight but had to get some things done at the last minute :( ) Also around the corner you have the best record store in the city... Bleeker Street Records.

When looking for cheap beer never forget the Penn Station magazine stands. $3 for a 16oz bud is not bad. HOWEVER keep the following in mind.

You may drink on the Long Island Railroad. If any of you are getting hotels out on the island or are using it. You MAY NOT DRINK ON THE SUBWAY. EVEN IF IT IS IN A BAG. YOU MAY NOT DRINK WALKING AROUND THE CITY. You will be fined.

Always remember the Police. The Police are very fair here. The guys in Manhattan South are decent folk. HOWEVER.... if you act like an asshole then expect to be treated like one if you persist in being an asshole.

Case in Point... if you are laying down (as some people do) and the cop asks you to move or that you cannot do that. Don't start dictating a manifesto on what you believe your personal rights are. Be courteous and do not be a wiseass.

Heh.... He asked for bars....

Ok....

Stouts on 33rd between 7th and 8th.... Its on the North Side of the Manhattan Mall... I will probably be there before the Buffett concert tomorrow night.

If you go South on 7th avenue (street numbers decrease) there are a slew of bars near Penn Station. Mustang Sallys et all.

If you know your city... 8th avenue bars in the 40's past port authority. They are all in the area.

Side note for people spending the day... hit the subway and go downtown to West 4th. Around there you will find a lot of fun bars. Down the Hatch and Off the Wagon have the best wings in the city. They are sponsored by Atomic Wings. Going there before the Yankee game Wednesday. (My day is done at 3) (Supposed to be there tonight but had to get some things done at the last minute :( ) Also around the corner you have the best record store in the city... Bleeker Street Records.

When looking for cheap beer never forget the Penn Station magazine stands. $3 for a 16oz bud is not bad. HOWEVER keep the following in mind.

You may drink on the Long Island Railroad. If any of you are getting hotels out on the island or are using it. You MAY NOT DRINK ON THE SUBWAY. EVEN IF IT IS IN A BAG. YOU MAY NOT DRINK WALKING AROUND THE CITY. You will be fined.

Always remember the Police. The Police are very fair here. The guys in Manhattan South are decent folk. HOWEVER.... if you act like an asshole then expect to be treated like one if you persist in being an asshole.

Case in Point... if you are laying down (as some people do) and the cop asks you to move or that you cannot do that. Don't start dictating a manifesto on what you believe your personal rights are. Be courteous and do not be a wiseass.

Oh my gosh, I forgot about Stout's! My friend turned me onto that place this past summer. They also have amazing food. I took my sister there before a concert back in July and she also enjoyed it. Yes, nice and close to the Hammerstein and good food and drink. Can't go wrong there either.

Back
Top Bottom