Waukegan Concert-goers

desloge

I’ve been toying with this idea since the new tour dates were announced and I figured I’d present it to the rest of you. As you know, Morrissey has been extraordinarily good to us Chicagoland fans on his recent tours (6 nearby shows within the last year, I believe). I desperately want to thank him for giving us the kind of attention that other musicians never do, so I figured I’d write him a letter and try to slip it to him in Waukegan. Then it occurred to me that many of you probably feel the same gratitude that I do and I’d like you to get a chance to express it.
Basically, I’ve decided to compile a book of sorts featuring thank you notes or letters, anything from Chicagoland Moz lovers to show our appreciation. If you’d like to contribute something, please e-mail it to me at [email protected]. If you’d rather it were mailed to me the old fashioned way, PM me and I’ll tell you where to send it.
And yes, I realize the show is over a month away. On my schedule, though, this would never get posted if I didn’t do it now.

Hey all, if this should go in another thread/section, I apologize in advance. Anyway, I really need a ride to the Waukegan show. I live in Ukrainian Village, but I'll meet you anywhere CTA will take me, and only ask that you drop me at a convenient Blue Line stop or bus route on the way back. Goes without saying I'll throw you some cash. Please PM me if you're able to help, and thanks.

Oh, and nice idea with the letter. Although I'm not sure what you mean by "the kind of attention that other musicians never do" - Chicago gets pretty much everyone through here...

Last edited:
Okay, don't make me beg here - can anyone offer me a ride? I promise I'm not crazy. PM me for contact info, etc.

Thanks.

I'd offer to carpool with you up there, but I honestly don't know how late my classes are going to run and what time I'm going to leave for Waukegan. If you still haven't found someone on here to take you, I'd suggest trying Craigslist. I know it seems shady or whatever, but I've actually met some very nice people to drive to events with there.

Back
Top Bottom