5 day pass people need not read...

mjparkin

I am one of many. Sadly unable to procure one of the golden tickets, sadly shelling out lots of cash to go to all five shows anyway, more than slightly irritated and envious of those "real fans" with their VIP privileges, and God forbid with their custom-made tees. I've been moping around for days now...

Those of you like me take heart. While an early-entry queue is an advantage, Hammerstein remains GA, and Morrissey, grey or otherwise, remains a rock and rock performer. Fainting flower kids clutching commemorative posters be damned...

I will be up front.

I am one of many. Sadly unable to procure one of the golden tickets, sadly shelling out lots of cash to go to all five shows anyway, more than slightly irritated and envious of those "real fans" with their VIP privileges, and God forbid with their custom-made tees. I've been moping around for days now...

Those of you like me take heart. While an early-entry queue is an advantage, Hammerstein remains GA, and Morrissey, grey or otherwise, remains a rock and rock performer. Fainting flower kids clutching commemorative posters be damned...

I will be up front.

yes, it's a show like any other show :rolleyes:

some morrissey fans up front think they own the spot they are in. laugh at them as they throw a fit (oh morrissey fans :rolleyes: it's your choice to stand in line for 12 hours before a show. it doesn't guarantee you anything except for a sucker award when the person next to you got there during the first act). We assume the atmosphere at a rock show will be civilized enough there won't be any shoving or punches being thrown. but other than that, if you want to get up front, there is always a way to get up. and you are free to at a GA show. the first time he throws a shirt in the audience, be ready for a huge opening.

i remember one show there was this woman up front in the pit and she wanted a three foot buffer zone all around her. she yelled at people and through tantrums and we had to ignore her. she eventually left the front of the pit and settled for the back of the pit. if you can't stand being close to people, don't go up front!!!

Last edited:
You wanna fight about it?...

m33938696.jpg

even though I'm not going, I wish I could go just so we could juggernaut over emo kids and middle aged hippies on our jaunt to the front row and Miss Anorexia USA aka Julia. :)

caught in a mosh,
treygar

I've noticed alot of people are rather rude at his shows, it never used to be like this. I seen him back in november and I was trying to get up to the front , I actually had a guy shove me and tell me get the hell of here! Alot of the other people standing around me were so cranky too they were lifeless bodies unwilling to move an inch, if you bumped into them they'd scream at you. Is this what moz fans have really become? I'm used to the days when we'd all try to get to the front, I don't even see that as the case anymore.

I got my Golden Ticket, and I'll be up front. However, I'm not expecting any sort of wide berth to be cleared for my ascent. Once the doors open, it's every man for himself.

I would pity the poor man who found himself in front of me, grinding against my groin at a Morrissey show, though. (Although there are a few who are quite welcome to that particular spot.)

Don't be too mean to Julia, dear friends, she keeps a small arsenal in that black bag she's carrying. You don't want to be on the business end of her arsenal.

I actually had a guy shove me and tell me get the hell of here! .

hell @ the myrtle beach show after my 15 year old daughter had been pulled onstage and stage security was told by Moz to make sure she gets right back where she was and she was attempting to return to the front where i still stood and where she was before she made it onstage, most folks were really nice and actually opened a path for her but as she was passing thru she had this 6 foot goon move over towards her and practically shove her to the floor as she was passing by him , i of course had to punch the guy in the head and ask him wtf was he thinking shoving a child and a female child @ that.

oh yeh , when things started to churn in the pit again we made sure he got popped in the nuts really good a few times as well.

I dont have a golden ticket. But you can sure as hell bet I will be fighting for a spot.

me too. I'ma do what i gotta do.
so if you don't like the pit... go Mezz... consider yourself warned.
:p

Thats why I am more than happy standing around towards the back. At 32 I do not heal as quickly as I used to... Figured that out recently after trying my hand at paintball. I think diving on to the ground while shooting is better left to the video games these days.

Thats why I am more than happy standing around towards the back. At 32 I do not heal as quickly as I used to... Figured that out recently after trying my hand at paintball. I think diving on to the ground while shooting is better left to the video games these days.

I wear body armor, and I have other countermeasures in place ― for Morrissey shows, that is. I've never played paintball.

I would pity the poor man who found himself in front of me, grinding against my groin at a Morrissey show, though. (Although there are a few who are quite welcome to that particular spot.)

:D hehe - funny -
be sure i'll keep an eye for your groin :p

Back
Top Bottom