Hammerstein Maximum Mox QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

PregnantForTheLastTime

Hideous trait.
Ok... crazy luck I guess, I actually got through to someone who knows what is going on.

Whether you bought will-call, or had your tickets sent, you will present yourself at the Will-Call window at the venue, and will be given your pass and poster. They will have a list of the names who bought the package.

I specifically asked if the pass would be held past the first show, and they said yes. In other words, I'm showing up on Friday, and my pass will be waiting for me at the Will-Call window.

The guy said Ticketmaster was supposed to have told us this. But now we know... but I still don't know if the early-entry benefit is transferable. Sorry.

great detective work! too bad the poster won't be coming in the mail through..

BTW..I haven't seen an auction or ad anywhere for anyone trying to sell the five night package at a much higher cost..just people trying to load the tickets for nights they can't make it out..

Thanks so much PFTLT! No longer will we have to wonder or worry. :)

The bad news is that this sounds like the early entry isn't transferable. If you need to show ID to pick it up, and it's a tangible separate pass, it's going to be hard to share. I kind of wish it was a specially flagged ticket, since I can't use two of my nights and they're now just regular tickets.

BUT- I know a bunch of us with the package won't be there until Friday, so at least there won't be as many people using the early entry. Moz fans are kind and good people- they'll make room for the serious fans at the front, I know.

Not trying to be Mr. Sunshine here, but it has been my experience at shows that sometimes will call and the admission line open at the exact same time, thus while you are in line waiting for your poster and/or pass there is a good chance that the others will be let in while this is happening.

On top of that there will be others in the will call line as well who just want their tickets and will be taking up time and space.

Ultimately it will be up to the venue to sort everything out, that being said the first show will probably be a clusterbomb so don't say I didn't forewarn you.

being optimistic,
treygar

Moz fans are kind and good people- they'll make room for the serious fans at the front, I know.

where have you seen Mozz before, Disneyland? there is always pushing at the front, especially at these shows given all circumstances - don't expect anyone to be nice to you.

Not trying to be Mr. Sunshine here, but it has been my experience at shows that sometimes will call and the admission line open at the exact same time, thus while you are in line waiting for your poster and/or pass there is a good chance that the others will be let in while this is happening.

On top of that there will be others in the will call line as well who just want their tickets and will be taking up time and space.

Ultimately it will be up to the venue to sort everything out, that being said the first show will probably be a clusterbomb so don't say I didn't forewarn you.

being optimistic,
treygar

What did you say your name was again?...Debbie Downer? :p

nothing will EVER top the experience at the Borgata a couple of months ago..they would not allow a line to form untill 6:00 pm so you had several hundred people trying to fight for front row privliages..it was like an episode of the Jerry Springer show..

maybe all of us who have the pass will be allowed to walk in with Julia? j/k

i would say hide behind Julia but the lass is so skinny you couldn't fit an invisible elf behind her.

she is in bad need of a few nights pass to a chinese buffet...

thanks PFTLT for the info.. sounds great
worried all day bout it at work - now i can fall asleep peacefully :)

just hoping they are not going to let us wear armwrists...

Thanks PFTLT but I'm afraid you have really worried me. Living in the UK, I got an american friend from LA to buy two passes for myself and my friend. She is not going to New York.

This latest info makes it sound like we will not have our passes or posters given to us as our names will not match that on the booking forms. There must be loads of people who bought for others so I wont be the only one facing this problem:confused::confused:

Time to send yet another email to ticketmaster I think:(

Thanks PFTLT but I'm afraid you have really worried me. Living in the UK, I got an american friend from LA to buy two passes for myself and my friend. She is not going to New York.

This latest info makes it sound like we will not have our passes or posters given to us as our names will not match that on the booking forms. There must be loads of people who bought for others so I wont be the only one facing this problem:confused::confused:

Yep- I would do that. Get the order number and buyer's name- maybe try the box office too. Good luck!

Persistance! never give in! :cool:

Ok... crazy luck I guess, I actually got through to someone who knows what is going on

Whether you bought will-call, or had your tickets sent, you will present yourself at the Will-Call window at the venue, and will be given your pass and poster. They will have a list of the names who bought the package.

Thanks for your work! But it does not clear up the confusion completely. I suppose I will have to phone Livenation myself to ask if this is going to be the policy for the Palladium shows as well. They're actually based in L.A. Does anyone know the L.A. phone #? I suppose at worst I could phone the NY #. The LA shows are set up a little differently. There was no poster promised for Palladium package purchases, the Palladium package will not arrive until 2 days before the first show (I'm given to understand this is not the case for NYC), and only those with U.S. billing addresses could buy the Palladium package whereas the NYC package could be purchased with an International credit card billing address.

Ok, I'm trying to clarify that if you had your tickets sent, you still have to appear at Will Call to pick up the poster and more importantly, the pass. This pass then is what distinguishes you from other ordinary ticketholders as the privileged one that allows you to get to the front, right? But you don't know if the pass has our names on it or if it's transferrable. This pass is only given out to the package buyer once, right? So you keep the pass every night and bring a different ticket for each night, yes?

I'm thinking I will have to pick up the passes for both me and my friend but that they won't have the names printed on them because what good would it do to have two passes with Mel Torment printed on them?!

Even blank passes do somewhat discourage touts because if they try to sell the package (and the all-important queue privilege pass), they are not guaranteed to get the pass back from the first buyer who only wants to go see one or just some of the dates, unless they get some kind of crazy deposit from the buyer, but then they will have to renege upon the sales to the suckers--- er other clients who wanted that pass for later nights. And the whole reason for buying tickets from the scalpers was to get the front of the queue privilege.

For the honest fan who wants to gift the pass and tickets to friends on the nights she can't attend, this is okay...assuming you trust your friends to return the pass! :p

I know, Preggers, it's not you're fault and you're not expected to have the answers to those questions. I'm just wondering aloud. Thanks for sharing what you do know.

I've been thinking based on the fact that the tickets are being sent so close to the day of the first show, maybe the LA pass will be included with your tickets in the UPS envelope. There were only 200 NY packages so this is a managable number for Will Call at the Hammerstein to handle. I'm under the impression that there were a lot more LA packages sold since you could still get one on TM about a week after they went on sale. Either that, or maybe they just didn't sell that well and it took a lot longer to sell 200 of them?

Yes, sorry, Mel- I found a NY number for LiveNation, and asked specifically about the NY package. I was amazed that the guy who answered not only knew what I was talking about, but answered my questions quickly and politely. It's sad that that was a pleasant surprise, isn't it?

The strange thing is that if you go back and read the initial "final dates" announcement on TTY, every detail has panned out exactly as the release said. It seemed vague at the time, but at least nothing has changed.

My guess is that the early entry pass will be something as simple as a wristband you have to leave on. I was hoping for a cool laminated pass, though. Who knows? I was hoping not to have to carry the poster around- I'm hoping the H'stein box office will be open earlier in the day and I can run it back to my hotel.

oh frig. i had to send my mom money,then borrow her credit card to order the tickets. does this mean i will need my MOMS card and her ID to pick up the pass? i really hope not. anyone know who i can call to confirm this sorta thing? i maxed out my card on a wonderful semi hollowbody guitar two years ago and they havent let me have one since.

- tremendously nervous in toronto.

The strange thing is that if you go back and read the initial "final dates" announcement on TTY, every detail has panned out exactly as the release said. It seemed vague at the time, but at least nothing has changed.

My guess is that the early entry pass will be something as simple as a wristband you have to leave on. I was hoping for a cool laminated pass, though. Who knows? I was hoping not to have to carry the poster around- I'm hoping the H'stein box office will be open earlier in the day and I can run it back to my hotel.

Heya, Preggers! Thanks for the reply!

I don't understand which "final dates" announcement you mean and what those details are, how they panned out. Can you give me the date identifying which announcement you mean?

I thought you were being ironic because in the only press release that uses the term "final dates" is the August 22 one, and that one clearly has some things that didn't come to pass -- i.e., no surcharges on the packages and final show to be Atlanta on the 4th (not final show and now it is moved to the 5th). My confidence in the other parts (i.e., front of the queue privileges) being true is very low.

I cannot see how a wristband would be a good idea for 10 nights (two weeks) at the Palladium. Well, maybe if it were plastic and not the typical paper wristband, but what about for people who have a boring business job where it would not be presentable to be wearing a plastic wristband, let alone a dirty skanky one from 13 days ago? Never mind how skanky those plastic bands can get wearing them just one day.

I've been thinking based on the fact that the tickets are being sent so close to the day of the first show, maybe the LA pass will be included with your tickets in the UPS envelope. There were only 200 NY packages so this is a managable number for Will Call at the Hammerstein to handle. I'm under the impression that there were a lot more LA packages sold since you could still get one on TM about a week after they went on sale. Either that, or maybe they just didn't sell that well and it took a lot longer to sell 200 of them?

Yes, I've been suspecting that the passes for LA will be included in the mail that you get your tickets in, because there was only one shipping option - no printer friendly ticket or anything (which could also be to discourage scalpers of course) and if that weren't the case, then we'd have the option of printing out our tickets (like those in NY) and getting the pass later from the box office. that makes sense, right?

I really hope we don't have to get them at the box office because like michaelk mentioned, i think you have to present the credit card with ID that you bought the ticket with, and I used my parents' card too.

I hope all turns out to OK!! I'm so glad to hear this news though - that they are still sticking to this package plan!

Heya, Preggers! Thanks for the reply!

I don't understand which "final dates" announcement you mean and what those details are, how they panned out. Can you give me the date identifying which announcement you mean?

I thought you were being ironic because in the only press release that uses the term "final dates" is the August 22 one, and that one clearly has some things that didn't come to pass -- i.e., no surcharges on the packages and final show to be Atlanta on the 4th (not final show and now it is moved to the 5th). My confidence in the other parts (i.e., front of the queue privileges) being true is very low.

I cannot see how a wristband would be a good idea for 10 nights (two weeks) at the Palladium. Well, maybe if it were plastic and not the typical paper wristband, but what about for people who have a boring business job where it would not be presentable to be wearing a plastic wristband, let alone a dirty skanky one from 13 days ago? Never mind how skanky those plastic bands can get wearing them just one day.

Yeah I think the best idea would be a laminated pass, but still, that's kinda easy to lose if you don't watch where you put it during the show. A wristband will be hard to keep for 2 weeks! I'm also still confused about the surcharges being dropped for those who purchased all ten nights...

Back
Top Bottom