Hammerstein Direction?

sistasheila

tjekket
which one is the nearest to hammerstein
hammerstein:12 311 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001 which borough of manhattan is near that
upper manhattan?
how far away is brooklyn,harlem to hammerstein?
if i take a hostel in one of these boroughs which one is the nearest?

Last edited:
Check out the website for the address etc, but i know it is more or less opposite Madison Square Gardens, i was there in June of this year. A good small venue.

which one is the nearest to hammerstein
hammerstein:12 311 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001 which borough of manhattan is near that
upper manhattan?
how far away is brooklyn,harlem to hammerstein?
if i take a hostel in one of these boroughs which one is the nearest?

hammerstein is in the borough of manhattan.

harlem is a neighborhood in upper manhattan.... by subway, it'll take you about 30 minutes or so via the blue line (the a line as it's express...much longer if you take the local c, e lines). if you're looking to stay in harlem, try to stay in west or central harlem.

from brooklyn to hammerstein depends on how far east in brooklyn you're staying. if you stay as close to the east river as possible, it could take you at least 30 minutes as well. where in brooklyn have you looked?

i'd have to know in what neighborhoods in brooklyn you're looking to stay... brooklyn is HUGE.

Last edited:
I'm no expert on NYC, but Hammerstein looks like it's in mid-town Manhattan (a few block south of Times Square). Harlem is at the very far north end of Manhattan (a few miles away), while Brooklyn is to the east.

My wife & I will probably stay with her sister in the New Jersey suburbs and take the train in. It ends up at Penn Station, which is right next to the Hammerstein. If you look at it in Google Maps, it's the train station immediately to the southeast of the venue.

no i got a few hostels that are located near cental park columbia university and met on west street

oh ive never been to ny
do I have to look if its east street or west street to come nearer to hammerstein or do i have to look after the numbers like for example the higher the number the closer I get to the hammerstein or and have I look after east stree which has lets say 311 east 34th Street(same adress like hammerstein but east instead of west) does that mean its nearer when didnt manage to make that ny city plan out yet..
example100 west 100 street is nearer as lets say 90 east 90 street ? to hammerstein

when navigating manhattan... get the cross sreets or cross avenues by looking at a map or asking someone.

if you're staying around columbia university, then you'll take the red line to 34th street & 7th avenue. (get familiar with getting the cross avenues/cross streets as it'll help you navigate your way through manhattan).

from 34th & 7th ave, walk west on 34th st...(you'll know you're going west because the numbers of buildings will increase - only from central to west side of manhattan...numbers increase going from central to east side of manhattan on the other side...also, the AVENUES will increase as you go west).

you'll see a big loews movie theater with bright red signage...hammerstein is across the street.

Hi, the Hammerstein is in Manhattan on the west side and Brooklyn is not in Manhattan and is to the East so it is not a good idea to stay there. Colombia is much better as it is on the West Side of Manhattan. The Hammerstein is on West 34th st and Colombia is on West 116th street so you get the subway 1 train (red line) downtown to 34th street. When you get out at west 34th street you will know you're in the right place because of all the Morrissey fans outside the Hammerstein Ballroom which is right at the 1 train exit :) The journey should take approx. 20mins. There is also a hostel called Jazz on the City which is on the west side close to the 1 (red line) subway train http://www.jazzhostels.com/jazzonthecity.html
Good Luck

actually if you pick up the 2/3 at 96th street it's an express train that will get you to penn station much quicker than staying on the 1.

Hi, the Hammerstein is in Manhattan on the west side and Brooklyn is not in Manhattan and is to the East so it is not a good idea to stay there. Colombia is much better as it is on the West Side of Manhattan. The Hammerstein is on West 34th st and Colombia is on West 116th street so you get the subway 1 train (red line) downtown to 34th street. When you get out at west 34th street you will know you're in the right place because of all the Morrissey fans outside the Hammerstein Ballroom which is right at the 1 train exit :) The journey should take approx. 20mins. There is also a hostel called Jazz on the City which is on the west side close to the 1 (red line) subway train http://www.jazzhostels.com/jazzonthecity.html
Good Luck

so igf i stay at ony hostel which is located at the west (street) si better than stying at a east street because of the subway: when i am staying in an hostel loc at an east street its more complicated thahn staying in a west street hostel with the subway to go to hammerstein?(which is in the south direction of manhattan right)

Last edited:
yes, it's generally more convenient to stay in a hostel on the west side...but then it's not terribly inconvenient to get to hammerstein from most parts of manhattan.

use this subway map...to get to hammerstein as well as when getting around to enjoy the city.

http://www.onnyturf.com/subway/

Back
Top Bottom