Is Kristeen Young opening througout the tour?

The Seeker of Good Songs

On the Live Nation site it only shows her for the Fillmore and Wash DC.

Just wondering.

According to TTY 19th August announcement, support act is Kristeen Young, I understand that she'll touring with Morrissey all the dates of the tour.

I am so over her. Some of her songs sound cool, but the vast majority are incredibly redundant. I don't care who came first, but The Dresden Dolls are way better and a lot more interesting live.

i can live with her, but i'm just hoping that when i bring my parents to see moz for the first time they won't walk out shaking their heads before he even comes on. :( i dont think they'll like her.

how about we have an interesting group like the polyphonic spree play, or someone interesting i have seen kristeen young already she sucked.

polyphonic spree? seriously? kristeen young may not be the best opening act but I don't really think of cult when I think morrissey... thats just me

I am convinced that having Kristeen Young as an opening act is quite intentional in that she actually makes Morrissey seem better than he already is.
After the caterwauling and dischord is over, the videos are played, the Imperfect List comes on, and the audience is in heaven when Morrissey begins...
Just my opinion!

I don't care who came first, but The Dresden Dolls are way better and a lot more interesting live.

i don't understand why you say, "I don't care who came first...". i don't see any similarities between the two which you imply.

Dresden Dolls are good, Young is ok and with a different sound.

I am convinced that having Kristeen Young as an opening act is quite intentional in that she actually makes Morrissey seem better than he already is.

Heh. I know he's quite fond of her, and for what reason I have absolutely no idea. I thought perhaps I was missing something like "Man, what on EARTH does he see in her"...because to be frankly honest, she was horrid. It's the first time, in Stockton anyway, where I was agreeing with the drunk people who would yell at her after every song. Absolutely terrible, please end your show, move along. She just screeches; you can't tell what her words are and every song sounds the same. It's like Bjork would sound after yelling at a three hour sports event.

But, she must have some good fans who actually get it; several people stayed near the front and talked to her after, and no riots started. I literally found my seats and then walked back out until she was done to avoid being in pain (not physical, mental).

Heh. I know he's quite fond of her, and for what reason I have absolutely no idea. I thought perhaps I was missing something like "Man, what on EARTH does he see in her"...because to be frankly honest, she was horrid. It's the first time, in Stockton anyway, where I was agreeing with the drunk people who would yell at her after every song. Absolutely terrible, please end your show, move along. She just screeches; you can't tell what her words are and every song sounds the same. It's like Bjork would sound after yelling at a three hour sports event.

But, she must have some good fans who actually get it; several people stayed near the front and talked to her after, and no riots started. I literally found my seats and then walked back out until she was done to avoid being in pain (not physical, mental).

i personally am ashamed of how rude morrissey fans are to her at the shows. you may not like it, but it's still music. Morrissey fans should be more tolerant and not be so damn rude... hate it, walk away, but don't insult her. it's embarrassing to be a morrissey fan sometimes...

Hear hear, Wink Wink! ; )

She's not my cup of tea, either, but I do wish "fans" would be a credit to duh Man and be more polite towards her.

I feel for anyone who has to be Morrissey's support act.

There is a vast majority of the fans at the shows I've been to that talk, shout, even throw drinks at her. Its not right...sure shes different, but who in the hell could open for morrissey and be accepted?

I LIKE her music, as a matter of fact i like it even more because its become so tied in with seeing a Morrissey show. everyone who boo's or has something to say should leave for all I care. Let the people who actually enjoy get up a bit closer.

Oh I agree; while I said I actually agreed and felt the same way as the people yelling at her, that was all 'in my head'. I'd never actually do that vocally (well, never say never). I do know that she obviously has more talent than I do.

Which is why I also said I found my seats and then got as far away as possible. I'm glad that some people like her though. I'd think it'd be awfully hard self-esteem wise to hear a lot of negativity over a long tour or have half the show disappear to the concession stand.

It's the same respect people should show each other anyway; even if I don't like someone, or they grate on my nerves, they deserve their space, and voice, etc. Sorry if I insinuated she deserved it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have pretty much any other band on earth open for him instead though.

Last edited:
I encourage you to download a song or two and give her another listen. The sound mixing for her sets was awful at every show I saw. The best she sounded was in Vegas, from the entry lobby and staircase. I needed earplugs to take the top edge off the sound so I could hear her voice- which is dramatic and passionate and incredible.

Moz lovers are spoiled by his flawless diction, soft tone, and clear lyrics. That doesn't mean we can't appreciate music that uses a voice as another instrument. Seriously, give her another try.

Too bad the Thompson Twins arent the openers again. They were awesome during the Quarry tour!

I give her credit for getting out there and doing her thing, but she gets a chance to win over new fans at every show, and that's plenty, I think. I'm sure she is joking, but she'll say "Oh I guess traffic was heavy", because the place isn't full. She could do this in a way that was fun, but it comes across to me, like, we, the audience, are not giving her enough support. See, she's there to entertain us, we aren't there to help her live out her fantasy.

She gets up there and basically in between numbers, complains to the audience. Like I said, you could see this as humor, but it's not really working, for me.

If you like her music that's fine, but her music is not the easiest to enjoy and she shouldn't expect us to act like she's the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and we're 13 year old girls sobbing and fainting.

I haven't seen anyone be rude to her. I have heard people say nice things and heard her respond with something like "Prove it", which again, is her little joke, but it's rude, and it doesn't come across as humor, to me.

Plus, choosing that song she sings on to be the single, over "All You Need Is Me", is a crime. I think Morrissey likes her and is trying to help her and that's nice, but I don't think she has done anything yet that allows her to think she is too big to get up there and entertain people. She should be thanking people for being there, the ones that are watching, instead of complaining about the people that are waiting outside for Morrissey's time.

I think she's throwing away a golden opportunity with her attitude. You'd think she was Madonna or something.

Is Kristeen Young opening througout the tour?

Let's hope not, as I've heard trainwrecks that sound better than her. Someone please tell Bjork there's someone trying to imitate her?

Back
Top Bottom