Security at Palladium

moiaussi

What's the deal with security at the Palladium? I've heard it's quite strict. I'm flying in to LAX and likely won't be able to check into my hotel until after the show (because check-in is at 3pm and I'm lining up before then).
So, will I be able to bring my purse in? I've heard they won't even let you bring in chapstick. Is that true? Do I have to travel with nothing but my ID and money?
Thanks!

I'm surprised that they let men bring their penises in, since they potentially could poke someone in the back... So, in conclusion, find someone to let you stick all of your stuff in their car.

Its very bad, if they keep up their reputation for being a**holes. How about this? No cd's of bands are to be sold until after the show is over for they are deemed as weapons. They had a sign that said that by the merch tables.

What WILL they let you bring in? I don't think I can check in to my room until the show is over, unless someone politely holds my place in line while I go do it or lets me stash my stuff (but I'm not going to count on it).
If I travel with just a purse, with nothing but my wallet, keys and phone, will they let that stuff in? Is lipstick seriously a weapon?

Hmm. Maybe I will stay near the aeroport instead and keep my stuff in an LAX locker.

Last edited:
What's the sound like? I heard that is pretty horrible as well. Personally, I'd stand in line to hear M blow raspberries on his arm for 3 hours, so it won't affect my attendance. I'm just curious whether I should expect my ears to bleed when KY comes on stage, because she sounds awful if he sound isn't good.

Last edited:
It just varies its stupid, they can make you take anythign back to yoru car and stuff its dumb, I woudl even watch it on the belt you wear. They did it to a friend of mine, he on purpose wore a belt that was deemed ''safe'' for the show and security still made him go take it back.

Damn. What is an appropriately "safe" belt?
I'm surprise they don't run background checks on people.

Does the security get pissy if you line up early? How soon before the doors open do they tolerate people lining up?

No man. You can line up whenever you want. There is a big gate that goes all the way around the building/parking lot, and you line up outside the gate on the sidewalk, on Argyle St. Then, when doors open, they usually walk you(single file) in groups to the security/doors. Don't know how it will work with the two different types of tickets this time though?

Dont wear a studded belt thats for sure, there will possibly be 3 lines for this. The main regular ticket line, the will call line and the front of the line people. And yeah its all gated and stuff, odds are security is there semi early and makes sure everything is cool. Best bet is to ask a head security gaurd on all the rules for the evening to see whats cool and what isnt. If something is questionable on there part ask if they can find out. Security is at least nice enough in general to find out things like that because they know if it slows up the line, they are not doing their job efficiently enough. I am sure somebody is going to line up at like 2am and whatnot opening show so if that happens, expect it every single night. People lined up overnight just for the Jimmy Kimmel performance in the rain, whats going to stop them from this?

oh man, ive never been to a show here. i hope it not as bad as im thinking it will be...

maybe on the last night they will let us tear the place apart...their closing it anyway!

Back
Top Bottom