So yeah, I'm not allowed to go to the Royal Oak show

thewarroom

Scorpion Kicker
Mother says that I can't handle driving in the traffic in MI. It's "not safe" for me to drive I guess. Then I asked if it would be preferable if I got a ride from someone on solo, and then she called all of you an awful lot of dirty names. She's been watching enough episodes of Dr. Phil, apparently, to realize that all of you that post online are doing little more than "trolling for sex," as she puts it on occassion.

Hope you all have a wonderful time. Think of me when you're shaking his hand from the front row.:(

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear that. Perhaps give it some thought of someone you could go with etc, and present a plan to her later when she's in a good mood.

But yeah, that's just another reason why I HATE Dr. Phil. What a con artist. And Americans are so stupid they actually like him. Wtf!

Mother says that I can't handle driving in the traffic in MI. It's "not safe." Apparently she's forgotten that i'm no longer 6 years old and am capable of driving a vehicle along a highway for an hour. Then I asked if it would be preferable if I got a ride from someone on solo, and then she called all of you an awful lot of dirty names. She's been watching enough episodes of Dr. Phil, apparently, to realize that all of you that post online are doing little more than "trolling for sex," as she put it.

Hope you all have a wonderful time. Think of me when you're shaking his hand from the front row.:(

i was once trolling for sex but Math Tender doesn't come here anymore.

tell her this...show her on google maps too...

you are going straight up on 75 i take it. Well, 75 goes through Royal oak. the venue is two blocks away from 75...Royal Oak is a suburb of Detorit...it is not in Detroit. it is an expensive suburb full of yuppies...very safe.

if she is afraid of traffic (too many cars) or something, remind her there is less traffic than ever in Detroit since so many people are leaving Detroit and continue to leave Detroit as the Big Three make their layoffs. there will be traffic on 75 during rush hour though...but if you travel during the day, and make it before 4pm or so, you should be very ok. even so traffic is hardly ever bad unless there is construction or an accident (obviously).

I'm really sorry to hear that. Perhaps give it some thought of someone you could go with etc, and present a plan to her later when she's in a good mood.

But yeah, that's just another reason why I HATE Dr. Phil. What a con artist. And Americans are so stupid they actually like him. Wtf!

I wish I personally knew other Moz fans, but I don't. I'm the only one I know of.

What's so funny is that when I asked her why she felt this way about "internet people," she said that "she watches the news and knows all about what goes on online." As someone who rarely uses the computer much less goes on online, that's the most uninformed opinion i can possibly imagine.

(on another note, all of the people on these shows that get "picked up for sex" are young girls, whereas I'm 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, and very hairy and male. :D)

Last edited:
you are 18 and going to college...time to show here who is boss of your life. just do it in a way she won't cut off funding. that's a backfire you don't want to get into. :eek:

I wish I personally knew other Moz fans, but I don't. I'm the only one I know of.

What's so funny is that when I asked her why she felt this way about "internet people," she said that "she watches the news and knows all about what goes on online." As someone who never uses the computer much less goes on online, that's the most uninformed opinion i can possibly imagine.

(on another note, all of the people on these shows that get "picked up for sex" are young girls, whereas I'm 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, and very hairy. :D)

is your mother an evangelical christian? they tend to have a warped view of everything and make great generalizations about everything.

i was once trolling for sex but Math Tender doesn't come here anymore.

tell her this...show her on google maps too...

you are going straight up on 75 i take it. Well, 75 goes through Royal oak. the venue is two blocks away from 75...Royal Oak is a suburb of Detorit...it is not in Detroit. it is an expensive suburb full of yuppies...very safe.

if she is afraid of traffic (too many cars) or something, remind her there is less traffic than ever in Detroit since so many people are leaving Detroit and continue to leave Detroit as the Big Three make their layoffs. there will be traffic on 75 during rush hour though...but if you travel during the day, and make it before 4pm or so, you should be very ok. even so traffic is hardly ever bad unless there is construction or an accident (obviously).

:D

Ya know, i did use the "during the day" defense and also pointed out how little crime there is in RO. She says she's "very sorry" i can't go but it's just "not safe."

I love my mom very much, but she's REALLY pissing me off with all this...

you are 18 and going to college...time to show here who is boss of your life. just do it in a way she won't cut off funding. that's a backfire you don't want to get into. :eek:

Yeah, I'm not sure there is a way to do that...:D

is your mother an evangelical christian? they tend to have a warped view of everything and make great generalizations about everything.

No, far from it. She's agnostic like the rest of our family. She does make quite a few generalizations tho...

Not safe? For a big guy like you? Oh, that's rich. I will be your chaperone. I am a bonafide mom. And I'm really, really not trolling for sex here, or anywhere else on the internet.

Seriously- I will look after you. Not like you need it.

Edited to add: I can prove who I am, too, just not on the forum.

your drive up 75 is so easy and straight, it's really laughable.

you shouldn't give up just yet. you're mom is having a bad day probably.

your drive up 75 is so easy and straight, it's really laughable.

you shouldn't give up just yet. you're mom is having a bad day probably.

We've been talking. She says that, regardless of all the facts that I've presented to her, she cannot in good conscience let me go. The farthest i've driven is to Ann Arbor (where I'll be on Saturday for the UM-Oregon football game), and she still thinks I'm not ready. I've given up. In all reality, it's really not worth burning a whole lot of bridges with my own family in order to go to a concert. Even a Morrissey one.

i have to give mom a lot of credit; usually she caves in and ends up doing what i want. But she's stuck to her guns and done what she thinks is right. That's a very admirable thing.

Of course, i'm still dying to go to the show...:(

we do? That's news to me.

If you read what you wrote, well nevermind....generalizations...

the area and crowd at the u of m game this weekend is gonna be more rowdy than whats going to go on in royal oak, and shit royal oak is only maybe 20 minutes further than ann arbor. don't give up yet this is morrissey's last tour for awile. if you can pay for your own ticket, and use your own vehicle just go if you're 18.

Just get yourself a ticket and you'll find a way to go. It's almost two months away. A lot can change. Maybe she's just in a bad mood. My mom gets irrationally worried about me for no good reason sometimes- and I'm in my thirties, married with two kids, and I haven't lived with my parents since I turned 17. Yet, still she worries.

we do? That's news to me.

If you read what you wrote, well nevermind....generalizations...

lol...yeah. i generalize all the time.

but come on, evangelicals are crazy...maybe not all? for example the evangelical Zionists who support Israel...regardless...simply because they want all the Jews to go there in order to bring on the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:
This looks like one of those times you'll have to lie about where you are going and then deal with the consequences later! DO IT!!

Mother says that I can't handle driving in the traffic in MI. It's "not safe" for me to drive I guess. Then I asked if it would be preferable if I got a ride from someone on solo, and then she called all of you an awful lot of dirty names. She's been watching enough episodes of Dr. Phil, apparently, to realize that all of you that post online are doing little more than "trolling for sex," as she puts it on occassion.

Well, I agree with you mom about the driving. I'm 26 and I know that some areas are even to unsafe for ME to drive (North Jersey, NYC, Philly) and also about the unsafeness of message boards.
Can you get another ticket so a relative can go with you?

Well, I agree with you mom about the driving. I'm 26 and I know that some areas are even to unsafe for ME to drive (North Jersey, NYC, Philly) and also about the unsafeness of message boards.
Can you get another ticket so a relative can go with you?

yes but warroom will not be driving in unsafe areas.

Trolling for sex??! That's incredible! Just tell her she's incorrect because most of us are actually trolling for sex and drugs:eek:. No, but really...when my parents said I couldn't go all the way to Milwaukee to see him in 92, I just kind of, ran away for a bit. In fact, I "ran away" a few times. Your mother would probably say I'm a bad influence, but how does she feel about the bus at least?

As for being called an awful lot of dirty names, well, I'm flattered.

You're 18 or older, right? This is incredible. Dr. Phil is a pompous windbag.

If she really believes that we're all trolling YOU for sex on this forum, why does she still let her precious little underage man-child still wank around here? :p

Sorry, it's just so absurd. But no one must feel that more keenly than you, eh, Warrie? Lo siento, man. How about if you take her to the show again?

How did she take it when Mozzer sang,

But when you're tied to your mother's apron
No one talks about castration.

?

Back
Top Bottom