hotel sharing in ny

liebe

hey,

i'm coming over from the uk for all 5 shows and i was just wondering if anyone would like to do a hotel/hostel share with me? i get in on the 21st. if someone has any idea of cheap hotels/hostels near to the venue (they don't have to be but i don't know how much taxis cost in ny!), please give me a heads up.

anyone know when the 5 show package goes on sale?!

thanks.

hostel is an option. I'd look into Elizebethtown, NJ. I considered doing the NYC shows & in my planning found out it only takes an hour in subway & bus rides to get to & from the heart of NYC from Elizebethtown & that these rides ran 24/7. The lady at the hotel counter also told me it would cost me only $1.50 each way. It sounded a little too good to b true but she swore it was the case. She worked at a Holiday Inn Express & the rate was like $50.00 a night for 1 person. Also don't miss, 'The Spotted Pig' in NYC. I understand it's such a wonderful dinning experience & it's casual & not terribly expensive. Hope I helped. Have a safe & eventful trip. :)

PS: In a hostel situation u might get shafted with someone like me who would only rave & rant about Morrissey being such a sad old bitch. ;)

I have a lead on a cheap hotel room in/around NYC (a friend will give me the employee rate). . .when I've firmed it up, I may be looking for someone to share it with, but it's too soon for me to commit yet. Watch this space for updates!

--jeniphir

Thanks for the advice about Elizebethtown fortbethel, I'll look into it. :)

I shall keep an eye out, jeniphir!

I'm not looking to share accommodations, but I can say that with a little bit of research I was able to come up with several decent looking places in cool parts of Manhattan (shared bathrooms but private rooms - some with a sink in room) in independent hotels with good-to-very-good reviews on TripAdvisor.com. These are not the Westin by any stretch but seemingly good enough places to sleep and store your stuff.

Beware though - seems as though there are quite a few total DUMPS in the $110-160 range. But, as I said, by doing my homework I think I found 3-4 places worth considering.

I just wish these tickets would go on sale!!! I need to have them!!! I'm so worried it will sell out in 2 minutes and I'll have to pay double or more for my tickets….. I've already mentally planned this trip and am so excited! Tickets are obviously a necessary part of the plan! :eek:

interesting that Ticketmaster lists the start time of the NYC concerts as 6:30PM...

meaning... DOORS at 6:30 or Kirsten Young at 6:30 and then Moz at 7:30

that would be WAY early......

elizabethtown? do you mean elizabeth? if so, it's total ghetts and not all that convenient for getting into manhattan.

Are there any other good options? I can't really afford a room for a week on my own in S. Midtown. I need to find a couple of people to share a room with.

Are there any other good options? I can't really afford a room for a week on my own in S. Midtown. I need to find a couple of people to share a room with.

Andrew? I'm more than willing to share a room with a few good people..All I care about really is being able to shower and brush my teeth..I could sleep anywhere(in line over night most likely). Let's do this.

heres a great place to stay if your not too concerned with luxury. in fact i think its pretty gnarly but its really cheap! and its on the bowery! you gotta get in on the bowery action before andre balazs scoops everything up.

you'll meet squatters , backpackers and weirdos galore. you might get bitten by bedbugs but again its 28.00 a nite.

http://www.whitehousehotelofny.com

i checked the dates and there are rooms available still. good luck.

ps.
bring your own sheets and rosary.

i seriously think the white house hostel is gonna be your best bet for location and cheapness. if you guys are coming in a pack then you should reserve a quad room and bring your own babywipes.

jazz on the town is on east 14th st. i think thats the one that would be closest to the venue.

i think its a bedbug free place and its pretty nice. not that ive ever stayed there but the website and the reviews are all pretty positive.
its 39 bucks a night for a 6bed room. you kids should travel in a pack and book that shit NOW!!!

good luck!!!!

Do you think it's possible to book a room together on that Jazz hotel even though we don't know each other? It would be cool with a MOZ ROOM :)

This is a cheap and pretty decent hostel as well, only about 1 mile from the venue. They have private rooms ($ 70,-) as well (with double or bunk bed).

http://www.chelseahostel.com/

Edit: they have free pizza on Wednesday's!

Last edited:
This is where I have decided on for the two nights I'll be coming in for shows (Sat and Sun 10/27 and 10/28)

www.chelsealodge.com

Basic, but perfectly acceptable for $119.00 for a single room. The place gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.com It's about 1 mile to the venue. Plus if you pay cash you get a 5% discount.

Check it out if you're looking for something in between a hostel and a $300/night hotel. As of the other day they still had rooms.

Last edited:
hey i'm gonna see the man twice (FRI the 26th and SAT the 27th)

if someone is interested in sharing a hotel just PM me!

i'm pretty flexible concerning prices but the only option for me is manhattan. i'm not interested in staying in brooklyn or queens....:)

jp.xx

I think you're right. I must have been thinking about the movie, 'Elizibethtown' Yes, someone else told me the town was/is seedy. But still just an hour to get into the city.

Back
Top Bottom