Highway robbery or convenience charge?

Black Eyed

Isn't he gorgeous !!
I have seen that there is a $96 convenience charge added to purchases for the 10 ticket LA package. I searched to see what this is and this is Ticketbastards explanation: What a crock of ----

Convenience Charge:

This fee covers costs that allow Ticketmaster to provide the widest range of available tickets while giving you multiple ways to purchase. Tickets are available in many neighborhoods via local ticket outlet locations, our telephone reservation system and Ticketmaster.com. Tickets can be purchased through at least one distribution channel virtually 24 hours a day. The convenience charge varies by event and is determined by negotiations with arena operators, promoters and others, based on costs for each event.

You would be surprised to learn how much of the convenience charge goes to the promoter/artist.

Ticketmaster usually has to give a rebate back to them. I know. I work in client services.

What about that these "surcharges" were supposed to be eliminated from the packaged deals? Is the convenience charge somehow exempt? :rolleyes:

----From TTY on 22Aug-----
A "season ticket" will be made available in both cities, eliminating all surcharges for any fans attending every show, which will provide a savings of over $50 in itself.

What about that these "surcharges" were supposed to be eliminated from the packaged deals? Is the convenience charge somehow exempt? :rolleyes:

A "season ticket" will be made available in both cities, eliminating all surcharges for any fans attending every show, which will provide a savings of over $50 in itself.

I wondered that exact same thing.

I interpreted this to mean that the "buy x, get y free" deals were meant to offset the convenience fees/surcharges. There is no way Txmaster is going to provide the service for free.

It makes very little difference. If you can't afford $600, you probably can't afford $500 either. I know some people are students and everything, but if it's that tight, just pick two or three nights and go see him. Don't kill yourself over it, he'll come around again in a year or two.

Venue gets quite a bit of that $$ just so you know.(40%) And just think the $96 is combined service fees of 9 shows being bought alltogether. Be glad ''processing'' fees are not cumulative per ticket or else it wouldbe nee another $40 instead of like $5.

It makes very little difference. If you can't afford $600, you probably can't afford $500 either. I know some people are students and everything, but if it's that tight, just pick two or three nights and go see him. Don't kill yourself over it, he'll come around again in a year or two.

I paid $10 for lunch today. Had there been a been hidden fees not on the menu (a $4 corking fee for my Pepsi, a $3 facility fee for the dining room, $7 convenience charge for being so near to the street, etc) I could have just as easily afforded $20 or $30 for my lunch, but that would neither justify it nor make me feel better about. Just to say "well if you can afford 500 you can afford 600" is piss-poor justification

I paid $10 for lunch today. Had there been a been hidden fees not on the menu (a $4 corking fee for my Pepsi, a $3 facility fee for the dining room, $7 convenience charge for being so near to the street, etc) I could have just as easily afforded $20 or $30 for my lunch, but that would neither justify it nor make me feel better about. Just to say "well if you can afford 500 you can afford 600" is piss-poor justification

The charges showed up before you approved the purchase. It's Ticketmaster, what do you expect? I'm sorry if I sounded snotty, but shows are expensive, period. That's no surprise. I paid more than the 10-show pass for my Chicago Symphony Orchestra season tickets- and I only get five concerts for that.

ticketmaster isn't a free service. i don't understand what people expect? you expect thousands of people to work for free just so you can get your tickets without service fees? other ticket services have fees too, what do you think those fees cover? if the artist should pay for the fee instead of the consumer, then shouldn't you bitch about the musicians not taking up the slack?

people forget that although yes, those fees are making some executives a lot of money, it is also providing jobs for thousands of people. it's amazing how so many of you forget that. if you want your fees back, go buy shares of IAC/InterActiveCorp, they own Ticketmaster. maybe the stock is currently a good buy. i don't know.

Fees shoudl be lower, they shouldnt just go crazy thats all Fine inflation is a bitch but come on. I remember when service fees averaged $5 tops like total and possibly a $2 factility fee and thats all. Now you have convinience, facilty,ticketfast(which I think is retarded for online buying) and ''processing''. Seriously it costs $5 to process an order? Do the computers use special things to let you know your order went though?

when they charge you extra to print your own ticket, it's pretty obvious that they are taking advantage and not simply providing a service.

Back
Top Bottom