Q about Hammerstein,Ticketmaster(N.Y)european citizen need help!

sistasheila

tjekket
afew urgents q:1.will it be a will call which means i can pick them up at the day of the show? iam not from the US i guess they dont send it out to me ...but i have to pick it up-where do i pick it up ? do they disposit it at the hammerstein box office or at the ticketmaster box office which is located elsewhere?

they dont sent it out or i cn print it online-only picking up?

what if the date of the concert (lets say all the concerts are sold out and the only one i can get is the one at sunday (id dont know about office hours!? ) can i get it 7 days a week... ?

2.as as far as i see its all seated in the balcony as well as in front of the stage..so was somebody here already there and would advise against certain seats and tell me ??

.3. no new infos ón that package deal? MEANS- NON US CITIZEN CAN NOT GET THE 5 DAY PACKAGE DEAL???

4:also with buying can somebody tell me which is better -phoning ticketmaster or buying the ticket online-somebody i know bought a ticket for the manchester 2004 gig and she couldnt get one because the internet connections broke down because they were too many people trying to do the same. ONLINE..so i the chance to go through is betteR tWITH phonÍNG-your experiences?

5:also one question since i neverdid use a credit card before (its a VISA card) ia m not sure if i type in all numbers or tell the person on the phone the complete number as well as the number on the backside next to the signature-if i tell her/him all the numbers - can she use these numbers to buy something for herself /letting someone else know so somebody else can use my credit card

i know its sounds stupid but as i said i never had a credit card before-never needed one..i did get one a few months ago just in case for situations like this..i thought about going to the n.y. gig which was postponed and i was happy to decided against it..otherwise it would be...
so but its a first time for everything -even for using a credit card...so be kind;.).

6.also the hostels i found one but iam not sure what borough it is if it is locacted in another borough like brooklyn or harlem that will be in the adress right?sorry ia m abit lost...

have a few q ore but thats the important ones

Last edited:
1.will it be a will call which means i can pick them up at the day of the show? iam not from the US i guess they dont send it out to me ...but i have to pick it up-where do i pick it up ? do they disposit it at the hammerstein box office or at the ticketmaster box office which is located elsewhere?
what if the date of the concert (lets say all the concerts are sold out and the only one i can get is the one at sunday (id dont know about office hours!? ) can i get it 7 days a week... ?

2.as as far as i see its all seated in the balcony as well as in front of the stage..so was somebody here already there and would advise against certain seats and tell me ??

.3. no new infos ón that package deal?

4:also with buying can somebody tell me which is better -phoning ticketmaster or buying the ticket online-somebody i know bought a ticket for the manchester 2004 gig and she couldnt get one because the internet connections broke down because they were too many people trying to do the same. ONLINE..so i the chance to go through is betteR tWITH phonÍNG-your experiences?

5:also one question since i neverdid use a credit card before (its a VISA card) ia m not sure if i type in all numbers or tell the person on the phone the complete number as well as the number on the backside next to the signature-if i tell her/him all the numbers - can she use these numbers to buy something for herself /letting someone else know so somebody else can use my credit card

i know its sounds stupid but as i said i never had a credit card before-never needed one..i did get one a few months ago just in case for situations like this..i thought about going to the n.y. gig which was postponed and i was happy to decided against it..otherwise it would be...
so but its a first time for everything -even for using a credit card...so be kind;.).

6.also the hostels i found one but iam not sure what borough it is if it is locacted in another borough like brooklyn or harlem that will be in the adress right?sorry ia m abit lost...

have a few q ore but thats the important ones

ok... 1. For will call, they will be left at the box office of the venue. But i would suggest contacting the venue a head of time, to confirm what hours they are open. Just in case you want to pick up your tickets early etc.

2. According to previous threads about the venue, most people who have seen shows there before, said that the shows are usually general admission. So I have been hoping that is the case for this show.

3. there is info on the package deal at livenation.com, but there is no option to purchase these packages yet. it's kind of odd.

4. I usually always buy tickets online. I find it easier to record your confirmation info etc. But if there are internet problems or the site is moving very slow due to high traffic, you can always call.

5. if you buy the tickets online using a credit card, it gives you specific boxes to fill out the numbers on your card. one box for the number, one box for the expiration date, and one box for the number on the back. I HIGHLY doubt giving your credit card information via the phone or internet, to a company like ticketmaster would ever result in someone stealing your nubmer etc. but if you are really scared, keep an eye on your bililng statements.

6. This one I have no answers on. I have never stayed in a hostel in the states before, only Ireland and France, so I dont know. I would suggest aksing Buzzetta or another new yorker about that info.

I hope this helped. Best of luck :)

5:also one question since i neverdid use a credit card before (its a VISA card) ia m not sure if i type in all numbers or tell the person on the phone the complete number as well as the number on the backside next to the signature-

You will type in all the numbers on the front, and probably the last three on the back. This is your account information. Without this information, how can your order be processed?

if i tell her/him all the numbers - can she use these numbers to buy something for herself /letting someone else know so somebody else can use my credit card

The chances of this happening are slim to none, so relax. There are very strict laws regarding credit card fraud. Employees cannot even write down credit card numbers on scraps of paper here, as that would constitute a breach of various Data Protection laws. Most companies make employees sign legal forms saying that they will not do defraud their customers.

ok... 1.
2. According to previous threads about the venue, most people who have seen shows there before, said that the shows are usually general admission. So I have been hoping that is the case for this show.

so i can choose myself if i can sit somewhere at the balcony far away or near to the stage down below-

thats great

Last edited:
Hi Sista,

As a UK'er wanting to go to the NY shows I went onto Ticketmaster and opened an account. They now have my credit card details held on their files. I thought that if I was to purchase tickets on line, that this might help speed the process up on the day of sale. You could consider this. Just go into Ticketmaster and open an account. It is all as safe as is possible with on line accounts.

I will not now be using this method as I have asked a friend in the US to buy them for me and I will then paypal her the money. This could be a second option for you if you know someone in the US?

1.will it be a will call which means i can pick them up at the day of the show? iam not from the US i guess they dont send it out to me ...but i have to pick it up-where do i pick it up ? do they disposit it at the hammerstein box office or at the ticketmaster box office which is located elsewhere?
- i'm pretty sure if you have to get it will call that you will get it at the hammerstein ballroom like an hour or two before showtime.

-if you have a will call ticket, you will be able to get it on sunday but I doubt that all the tickets will be sold out-sorry moz- i could be wrong i suppose

-i have never been to the hammerstein ballroom so I can't help you with that one

.3. no new infos ón that package deal?
- not that I know of

- I always go through the internet when buying tickets but that's just because I hate the phone. I know that some friends of mine always keep the phone with them when buying tickets just in case something happens. Not trying to say anything bad about moz but I have a feeling, that the internet will not crash due to his massive new york fan base buying tickets. You should be okay going though ticketmaster.com.

- Ok here is what you do. This is really important. Go to ticketmaster (if that is how you want to buy your tickets) and make an account. They will probably ask you for all your information including credit card number and yes that 3 digit number on the back of the card. It seems weird to put all of this info on the web, but it will help you when you buy the tickets. All you will have to do is log in and all your information will be saved. You only get a few minutes to complete each window on ticketmaster before your tickets are "released" and set free to another person so it is better to have all this info already there.

- It would probably say which borough it is in but harlem is not a borough of nyc so it is possible that it is there depending on the address. You can post the address and I can figure out what area of new york it is in.

terri

answer from terri
Go to ticketmaster (if that is how you want to buy your tickets) and make an account

is there another option buying tickets elsewhere as ticketmaster? somebody told me ticketmaster IS THE ONLY POSSIBILITY to get a ticket (at least when youre not from the US-there is only ticketmaster right?)

thanks so far for the help you guys are the best ;-)

if anybody knows more about hammerstein...

will post some more q ...

answer from terri
Go to ticketmaster (if that is how you want to buy your tickets) and make an account

is there another option buying tickets elsewhere as ticketmaster? somebody told me ticketmaster IS THE ONLY POSSIBILITY to get a ticket (at least when youre not from the US-there is only ticketmaster right?)

Even if you live here, Ticketmasterbater is usually the only way to get tickets to larger venues, unless you go to the venue's box office in person. LiveNation is another option, but didn't somebody else here say that LiveNation is just going through Ticketmastard themselves?

I don't think that you have to set up an account with Ticketbastard; after you select your tickets, you usually have 2 or 3 minutes to fill out the billing info before they release the seats and make you start over. In other words, even if you do set up an account, it doesn't make checkout much faster unless you plan to go to several shows.

i am worried about this will call- did this really work for you guys in the past?..I am really afraid when i fly over and for some reason they cant find my ticket (because somebody at tickermaster mess that order up) or another reason distract me from picking them up just in time
when i get tickets for all five shows or at least more than one(wich i hope that that will happen) and for some reason i cant arrive just in time for the first show does that mean when i try to pick the tickets up the day after the first show i bought tickets : could they refuse to give the tickets to me because the will call is decayed then because i couldnt pick them up for the first show i paid (Do i failed to make myself clear and should rephrase this question? i tend to express myself too intricate

then i saw a post from nobodys hero that worries me:

emailed TM today about picking up your ticket earlier than an hour before the show begins. It's NOT possible to get the ticket earlier than that which means that the people who buy the package won't be able to get in first on the first evening

does that mean the person that did make an will call couldnt get them 1 hour prior/before the show? waht if the box office is so well frequented and people who dont want to wait gate-crash the waiting queue? and i couldnt get my ticket just in time?
so what are yóur experiences does this will call really work- i would be more happer if i do have this tickets before I fly over but there is no possibility right`?
I DONT TALK ABOUT THE PACKAGE DEAL TICKETS- since there is no mention any where for the people outside the US for it I mean the NORMAL TICKETS if its 1 or -5 "normal" (single)tickets

also it is it still GA ican choose where i sit /stand ? anf if there a re limitations in the presale like thezy only sell selected areas like only the balcony and only a few in the front seats and when the official sale starts there are no limitations like that?

ticketmaster on pre sale
Internet pre-sale tickets are usually sold from a reserved allotment of seats, which may not reflect the same availability during the public ticket sale. Internet pre-sales provide the advantage of exclusive purchasing windows in advance of the public sale, which often results in less people competing for the pool of available seats. However, Internet pre-sales may also have limited seating available in various areas, these pre-sales are intended as advance purchasing windows and do not necessarily provide access to better seating. In fact, it is possible that you may be able to obtain tickets for better seats at the general public sale than those that you purchase through a presale. We must remind you that Ticketmaster does not offer refunds or exchanges, so you will not be able to replace the tickets you obtain at a pre-sale with other tickets that become available at a later date.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_help_header

Last edited:
i am worried about this will call- did this really work for you guys in the past?..I am really afraid when i fly over and for some reason they cant find my ticket (because somebody at tickermaster mess that order up) or another reason distract me from picking them up just in time
when i get tickets for all five shows or at least more than one(wich i hope that that will happen) and for some reason i cant arrive just in time for the first show does that mean when i try to pick the tickets up the day after the first show i bought tickets : could they refuse to give the tickets to me because the will call is decayed then because i couldnt pick them up for the first show i paid (Do i failed to make myself clear and should rephrase this question? i tend to express myself too intricate

then i saw a post from nobodys hero that worries me:

emailed TM today about picking up your ticket earlier than an hour before the show begins. It's NOT possible to get the ticket earlier than that which means that the people who buy the package won't be able to get in first on the first evening

does that mean the person that did make an will call couldnt get them 1 hour prior/before the show? waht if the box office is so well frequented and people who dont want to wait gate-crash the waiting queue? and i couldnt get my ticket just in time?
so what are yóur experiences does this will call really work- i would be more happer if i do have this tickets before I fly over but there is no possibility right`?
I DONT TALK ANBBOU THE PACKAGE DEAL TICKETS- since there is no mention any where for the people outside the US for it I mean the NORMAL TICKETS if its 1 or -5 "normal" (single)tickets

Well, after what they wrote to me, we will be able to buy the 5 day package even though we live in Europe.

I was also afraid that they would mess up somehow and I wouldn't be able to pick up my ticket when I got there, BUT they told me that I shouldn't worry. You get an email which you have to bring (together with your credit card or something) and when you show it to them, they have to give you a ticket. I did the same thing in London this summer and it worked fine.

I don't think it'll be a problem that you can't pick up your ticket before the first show. Just pick it up when you arrive. I would email TM about it just to be sure though...

[
I don't think it'll be a problem that you can't pick up your ticket before the first show. Just pick it up when you arrive. I would email TM about it just to be sure though...[/QUOTE]

you know what i mean right? for example i do have tickets for the first show on monday and then my plane on sunday due to the waether coulndt get away and i arrive on monday night wwhen the showi is over. and i go to the box office on tuesday and they tell me that i cant get them because i wasnt there on monday to pick them up so the tickets decayed- but i guess you already did understand..:)

also ticketmaster informed provide a local telephone number where you can be contacted up to the day of the event.. well i do not have a cell phone so the time they can contact me is saturday at home but why should they if the event is postponed (i can think of another reason that they should call me.i mean if there are problems witjh the ticket they would uinform me sooner as directly prior ro the event)

i did look up for info on the package deal on the ticketmaster site so i gues they told yoy that its possible for non us citizen?

and the password is really GREATEST HITS? i thought that that was the password for the last tour 2006? and ticketmaster did give out an old password eventually?

also with the presale question in my earlier thread -does anybody know: wiith the pre sale do they limit it to certain sections sales for the presale and at the official start they allow a general admission sale for everyone else?

Last edited:
does anyone have the direct mail contact adress for ticketmaster when i click help at their site they only show the FAQ..anf d i have specific questions

Back
Top Bottom