NYC 5 day package - onsale??

Well, I believe it's going to be about $200 plus fees, so probably around $230...? Just a guess. :)

For me, the expense isn't really going to be the tickets, but the lodging :eek: (But, of course, worth it...) :D

Yes, the hotel is going to be very hard to manage. I don't know anyone in New York. Morrissey should negotiate a package deal for us at some hotel... I'd do the band's laundry in exchange for a room. Note I said I'd do their laundry. Let's not omit the key word there. I'm not that bad.

I'd cook dinner for Moz each night before the show. I'm an excellent vegetarian cook. How else could I make myself useful???

Well, I believe it's going to be about $200 plus fees, so probably around $230...? Just a guess. :)

For me, the expense isn't really going to be the tickets, but the lodging :eek: (But, of course, worth it...) :D

I live here... trust me it will be expensive. Also consider that you are not staying for five consecutive days... there is a two or three day gap between the shows.

On a side note... you realize that except for perhaps a couple of spoken comments the setlist will be virtually the same for all five nights.

I will go to one show... thats about it.

for all you out-of-towners looking for a place to stay, you may want to consider looking into Queens or Brooklyn...

or find other fans and rent an apartment to share for a week. you can find those kinds of offers on craigslist. they are expensive, but if you can find 4 or five people to share it, it won't be that bad.

for all you out-of-towners looking for a place to stay, you may want to consider looking into Queens or Brooklyn...

or find other fans and rent an apartment to share for a week. you can find those kinds of offers on craigslist. they are expensive, but if you can find 4 or five people to share it, it won't be that bad.

Ok... I will add to what he said:

Brooklyn and Queens may be cheaper in some parts... for example though Williamsburg and Greenpoint may actually be more than certain parts of the city. You may even want to look at a couple of hotels up in the Boogie Down... There are certain parts of the Bronx that are decent. Also keep in mind that there are plenty of hotels on Long Island right near the Babylon Branch of the Long Island Railroad. The following are 45 minutes at the most away from Penn Station on 34th... Merrick - Rockville Center - Massapequa Park... there are hotels located either right across the street or down a couple of blocks from those stations.

Now if you are looking for a guide as to where to stay and where not to stay... well anyplace mentioned in a rap video is usually not safe to stay.

Places such as "Marcy" or "Bed Sty" or "Crown Heights" "East NY" or "Brownsville" bad bad bad....

Keep in mind you will be returning to your place of stay at night. This is not to say that our fair city is not safe. Thanks to Giuliani and Disney all the hookers are out of Times Square... but keep in mind... you never hear....

"I wanna give a shout out to my homies up in Lil Italy!!" or "Where the true playas at up in the Garment District?" or even "Where my brothers at up in SoHo?"

Ok... I will add to what he said:

Brooklyn and Queens may be cheaper in some parts... for example though Williamsburg and Greenpoint may actually be more than certain parts of the city.

Being Polish, i hate what the hipsters did to Greenpoint. every month, for the past year, one or two Polish establishments had to close due to higher rents. Selfish pricks who think they are so damn cool (why does looking hip cost so much? do they realize wherever they go, rent goes sky high? what a sad existence to be considered the plague to everyone around them. they're like a virus.). Oh yeah, you are so f***ing unique: liking the same music, looking the same way, having the same hobbies. :rolleyes:

But Greenpoint prices are still 'ok' when considering NYC and other places in Brooklyn. a small basement, moldy, dead cockroaches on the ground studio apartment (small!) will cost you $900/month in Greenpoint That's a steal :D I saw such an apartment last fall. it's probably $1050 by now.

You could stay in Seacaucus, NJ. There is a cluster of hotels near the Meadowlands. You could negotiate your rate if you are staying a week. Hotels located within 3 miles of the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel.

Being Polish, i hate what the hipsters did to Greenpoint. every month, for the past year, one or two Polish establishments had to close due to higher rents. Selfish pricks who think they are so damn cool (why does looking hip cost so much? do they realize wherever they go, rent goes sky high? what a sad existence to be considered the plague to everyone around them. they're like a virus.). Oh yeah, you are so f***ing unique: liking the same music, looking the same way, having the same hobbies. :rolleyes:

But Greenpoint prices are still 'ok' when considering NYC and other places in Brooklyn. a small basement, moldy, dead cockroaches on the ground studio apartment (small!) will cost you $900/month in Greenpoint That's a steal :D I saw such an apartment last fall. it's probably $1050 by now.

I work in that area... I refuse to take part in it. I have coworkers who have suddenly become millionaires because they inherited their parents home have chopped them up and made dingy apartments. I sometimes can be found at Muggs or a couple of other local bars on Fridays after work with friends. I listen to some of these people that live in this neighborhood. I want to walk up to them and say... stipends from your parents or living 8 top a two bedroom apt is no way to live. Get a real job stop crowding and infesting the neighborhood and I want my parking back.

Long Island for me.

How long do you think it will be until the hipsters completely overrun the feast of Mt Carmel because it may violate or go against one of their trendy "causes"?

You could stay in Seacaucus, NJ. There is a cluster of hotels near the Meadowlands. You could negotiate your rate if you are staying a week. Hotels located within 3 miles of the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel.

i agree w/ you on that one. is WAY cheaper than staying in bkly/queens/ li

stay in NJ if money is tight. I live in Edgewater NJ which is next to the George Washington Bridge. I can get to Midtown Manhattan in 30 mins. . Seacaucus is a great idea. You can catch a bus for 3.10$ and be on 42nd street in 15 minutes while paying a fraction of the price for a hotel room.

crown heights! a great jamaican vegan place called veggie castle is a must. other than that, i wouldnt stay there or go late at night.

has anyone looked into hostels? i dont know if there are any in nyc...

crown heights! a great jamaican vegan place called veggie castle is a must. other than that, i wouldnt stay there or go late at night.

has anyone looked into hostels? i dont know if there are any in nyc...

When my friend was assigned by the NYPD to Crown Heights he immediately signed up for the very next FDNY test. He tells us that the Jews would beat on the Blacks... the Blacks would beat on the Jews but the moment that the police would show up and break up the fighting both groups would amazingly cease hostilities and start throwing things at the Police. He had enough and is now with the FDNY.

Thankfully I am not a Vegan...:p But even if I were and that was the only place to go... I would lie in wait and grab me the nearest sewer rat.

stay in NJ if money is tight. I live in Edgewater NJ which is next to the George Washington Bridge. I can get to Midtown Manhattan in 30 mins. . Seacaucus is a great idea. You can catch a bus for 3.10$ and be on 42nd street in 15 minutes while paying a fraction of the price for a hotel room.

Can you get back here on public transport after the gig or will the buses not be running at this time?

i bet you can arrange some temp and reasonable room through craigslist as a rental.
betcha that way is the best way for a budget.

Ah, I just drank at Mugs last night. Horrible service, but great beer selection.

As far as hotels, check out a place called the Off-Soho Suites. Its on Rivington and is affordable. It's just around the block from the Bowery Ballroom as well... I'm sure there will be a good show there during one of the off nights.

When my friend was assigned by the NYPD to Crown Heights he immediately signed up for the very next FDNY test. He tells us that the Jews would beat on the Blacks... the Blacks would beat on the Jews but the moment that the police would show up and break up the fighting both groups would amazingly cease hostilities and start throwing things at the Police. He had enough and is now with the FDNY.

Thankfully I am not a Vegan...:p But even if I were and that was the only place to go... I would lie in wait and grab me the nearest sewer rat.

wow that's pretty wild.

i guess it's more in flatbush...flatbush and church. it's not that bad in the area it's in.

Can you get back here on public transport after the gig or will the buses not be running at this time?

The Bus is still running throughout the city but they will be fewer and further between and be even more problematic if you are making a connection. You may have to cough up the bills and get a cab.

All of you are forgetting that you will also need money to eat and for things to do during the day.

Ah, I just drank at Mugs last night. Horrible service, but great beer selection.

As far as hotels, check out a place called the Off-Soho Suites. Its on Rivington and is affordable. It's just around the block from the Bowery Ballroom as well... I'm sure there will be a good show there during one of the off nights.

I know... I need a new bar... I used to like Blue... but that place closed down... there is another place on Metropolitan Avenue off of Graham by the old Camera Store I like especially when the patio is open... Teddys is alright but it is off the main strip of Bedford Avenue.

If I had it my way... I would get everyone I work with to follow me home and stick around Union Square or head down to the West Villiage... Off the Wagon and Down the Hatch still have the best wings in the city as far as I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom