Anyone going to the Atlanta show?

brutalism

asexually erotic
I'll be coming over from the UK, just wondered if anyone would like to keep me company in line? Also, can any locals recommend me any cheap hotels near the venue? I've found one that looks okay but it seems a bit far from the venue and I don't really want to get lost! :o

ALSO! Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Ta.

Last edited:
Is it me or is that Atlanta concert way too soon? Wasn't he there like a month ago?

There were some... problems at the Atlanta show. Apparently the setting was less than ideal. Some people are interpreting this as a do-over. And what are you talking about, "too soon?" There is no such thing.

No, I know. But that's from our point of view. We're a small community of people who'd easily sign over every night for the rest of our lives to Morrissey...

There were some... problems at the Atlanta show. Apparently the setting was less than ideal. Some people are interpreting this as a do-over. And what are you talking about, "too soon?" There is no such thing.

I am quite curious about this. What do you mean by "problems"? What happened there?

I am quite curious about this. What do you mean by "problems"? What happened there?

from what I heard, the crowd was not very responsive, ate their food and stuff...and there were barely any people.

Well, I wasn't there, but it was one of those garden venues where people bring picnics and little tables and candles and wine. Like Ravinia in Chicago. And there were lots of season ticket holders who were interested in nothing more than a little background music with their chicken salad and chardonnay. And the fire marshals came out to stop the diehards from standing up front by the stage, kept trying to make them sit down. And Moz was mortified, by all accounts. I think the phrase that was used to describe it to me was something like "clustered ducks." I didn't quite catch it.

i was at the last atl show and it was def one of the weirder shows that i seen for this past tour... as for too soon, NEVER, NO SUCH THING! haha.

oyea im trying to get back down there for this one as well.

myself and a handful of other moz angeles friends are planning on flying out. we'll know this week whether or not we're coming. :)

from what I heard, the crowd was not very responsive, ate their food and stuff...and there were barely any people.

Actually, for this show [the July 20 Atlanta gig (Chastain Park)], once Moz was onstage and it got dark, the venue was probably about 85-90% full, and total capacity was 6300. Another post on the concert page says a final estimate was 5800. So, it was actually quite full. {Only during Kristeen's part did it seem there were "barely any people"!}

But yes, the biggest problem was all the season ticket holders who hold tix for every Friday night show in the summer and attend whomever is playing. And, of course, all the picnic tables in the pit area where those season ticket holders were chowing down the whole time.

Here are some pics from July 20 at Chastain so you can get an idea of how it appeared:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1292/0720072040ow2.jpg

Continuing from my post above, so at the July20 Atlanta Chastain show, just after he opened with Panic, Moz asked if this wasn't The Tabernacle and then that they were in the wrong place, so bye. (He played The Tabernacle for the Quarry tour in 2004)

Well, no surprise now that for Nov4 in Atlanta, it will be The Tabernacle.

Here are some pics of how The Tabernacle looks inside (the way he likes it); big difference from Chastain Park:
Atlanta1117031.jpg

tab6.jpg

http://www.tabernacleatl.com/concerts-gallery.php

I'll be coming over from the UK, just wondered if anyone would like to keep me company in line? Also, can any locals recommend me any cheap hotels near the venue? I've found one that looks okay but it seems a bit far from the venue and I don't really want to get lost! :o

ALSO! Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Ta.

I'm going, but, then again, I live less than a mile from the venue. (Now working out the NY, MD, DC dates, that's another issue.) PM me, and I can give you the skinny on some local places that might save you some dosh.

I, too, am stunned that he decided to perform in Atlanta again...not because it was recent though. I attended the Myrtle Beach show and I heard better things about that one. I'm disappointed he's not choosing to perform there again. Since I live in NC, I'll either go to the DC show or the Atlanta one.

Back
Top Bottom