MSG tickets honored at Hammerstein shows?

Darth Vegan

truly disappointed
what are the odds? I have 2 MSG tix sitting here I wasnt able to get refunds on, sure would be nice to be able to put them to use and not have to eat $90 (ebay)

what are the odds? I have 2 MSG tix sitting here I wasnt able to get refunds on, sure would be nice to be able to put them to use and not have to eat $90 (ebay)

no...that will not work. the tickets were canceled and refunded. buy from stubhub next time. you can get good prices and they have money back guarantee in case a show gets canceled.

yeah, I figure it's a long shot, but hey.

Thus are the woes of not having a credit card, I suppose.

yeah, I figure it's a long shot, but hey.

Thus are the woes of not having a credit card, I suppose.

you should get a credit card. if you ever plan to make a big purchase (i.e. a house) you need to establish a credit history. I am not a financial adviser, but i am sure they would agree.

Sorry dude, no chance.

you should get a credit card. if you ever plan to make a big purchase (i.e. a house) you need to establish a credit history. I am not a financial adviser, but i am sure they would agree.

I've already established a credit history: BAD.

haha, seriously though, as far as that sort of thing goes, I'm doomed. I really don't even care. I don't forsee ever making any major purchases, I'm content paying rent in a nice house(my current setting) and I will never buy a car. Hell, I dont even have a phone. For the most part, I like living outside the norm in that aspect. Small inconveniences from time to time, but overshadowed by the HUGE inconvenience that is capitalism and a consumerist lifestyle. *steps off pedestal*

but yeah, anyway...

hey chrisx. i bought 2 for the msg show on craigslist and the seller refunded me all my $ back. it sucks, maybe the seller would have refunded you if you sent them a message.

I did, but they had won theirs or something, and didnt get a refund either, so Im screwed. Bummer.

Darthvegan

Dispute the charges with Ebay and get your money back..simple as that..there is no way anyone would have to eat money on a cancelled concert..

I would never buy tix on Ebay EVER. Too many people I know have had horror stories with buying tix. One of my closest friends paid some crazy amount for one of the Elton John/Billy Joel tours at MSG and the seller she bought the tix from said her tix were delivered to her house and were SIGNED for and my friend personally never got them nor did anyone in her house receive or sign for them. I think someone in the post office caught wind of what they were and f***ed around personally.

I had nothing but good experiences buying tix on ebay in the past. In fact, I got great seats to every show I went to on the YATQ tour in 2004 for $20 a pop that way.

I had nothing but good experiences buying tix on ebay in the past. In fact, I got great seats to every show I went to on the YATQ tour in 2004 for $20 a pop that way.

You're one of the lucky ones then, I guess. Everyone I know has had a nightmare with it.

Dispute the charges with Ebay and get your money back..simple as that..there is no way anyone would have to eat money on a cancelled concert..

You cannot dispute the charges on eBay, nor on PayPal. When you purchase tickets through auction (on eBay) when the concert is still on, it was a perfectly legitimate sale. The seller had no idea the show would be canceled and has no obligation to refund your money. Essentially, like most eBay auctions, it's Buyer Beware. When it comes to purchasing things like concert tickets, plane tickets, etc, you are taking a risk that the scheduled event will be canceled, and should take that into consideration when purchasing from an uninsured vendor.

This was taken from eBay's Community Forums.

let me explain it another way..I purchased a GA ticket for the MSG show on EBAY..When the show was officially cancelled, I contacted my guy and informed him of this. He confirmed the refund to his charge card and I saw a refund on my charge card thereafter..These people deal with hundreds of concerts and have no idea the show has been cancelled unless you alert them..Still have the ticket.

DV..Did you ever alert the person on ebay you bought the ticket from that the show was cancelled and you wanted your money back??

yes, (s)he said they won them and didnt directly buy them, therefore didnt get a refund, therefore couldnt give me one. Blah.

Back
Top Bottom